Urban Meyer is "Unhinged"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
He’s not unhinged, he’s a shit coach.
Another “big time” college coach who is a recruiter and little else.
When you can hand pick your roster and part of your schedule you should win 80% of your games.
I’d never hire a coach straight out of college.
He can’t have a roster of 100 + players who’s he’s lied to about their prospects and playing time.
Fuck him and the boosters he rode in on. The sooner he fails the better.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I strongly dislike Meyer. But I think the guy is a pretty damn good coach and would be very happy to see him go to USC. Although he probably knows better since USC's brain trust collectively has their heads up their asses. The fact it took them this long to get rid of Helton is fucking baffling to me.

It'll be interesting to see how this season turns out for Jax though. I still expect he will keep the offense grounded and simple enough to ensure his rookie QB can be effective. That defense though...

Flint

Pro Bowler
Meyer is an easy guy to dislike, his power was unchecked at Florida and Ohio state and he had no time for mere mortals. The whole Tebow thing went on way too long and was a bad look. A lot of college coaches find a way to have their kids on the team whether they’re any good or not but there was serious criticism of Meyer the longer it went on, til he had to just end it. It’ll be interesting to watch, you can turn a team around in the nfl, just look at LA.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm not that up on USC and I'm sure there are many posters here who know much more about the program. But I am sure I heard the lady who runs the school wasnt a fan of Meyer and that she would nix it anyway. Also do they not normally go for people who have a "connection" to USC? Meyer doesnt have one as far as I know.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I strongly dislike Meyer. But I think the guy is a pretty damn good coach and would be very happy to see him go to USC. Although he probably knows better since USC's brain trust collectively has their heads up their asses. The fact it took them this long to get rid of Helton is fucking baffling to me.

It'll be interesting to see how this season turns out for Jax though. I still expect he will keep the offense grounded and simple enough to ensure his rookie QB can be effective. That defense though...
The reason it took so long was because of the money they had paid him on that last extension contract. Now that it's down to a manageable level, they could pull the trigger. This season's lost though, besides I hate the air-raid crap.

Tano

Legend
Although he probably knows better since USC's brain trust collectively has their heads up their asses. The fact it took them this long to get rid of Helton is fucking baffling to me.
As I stated in another post, I stopped watching USC games because he was the head coach. I just couldn't take the anger issues I had with the guy. He was so terrible. All that talent wasted due to his ineptitude as head coach.

And then - the last few years recruiting where USC was lucky to get 1 top 100 recruit when they almost always get 3 or 4 top 100 talents

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also do they not normally go for people who have a "connection" to USC? Meyer doesnt have one as far as I know.
Well, neither did Pete Carroll and that worked out pretty well for them.
Well, until it didnt of course....

Tano

Legend
Well, neither did Pete Carroll and that worked out pretty well for them.
Well, until it didnt of course....
Unfortunately Pete Carroll has been a pretty good head coach in the Pros. His team almost always wins at least 10 games or more.

Damn those Seahawks

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Schefter reporting Eric Bienemy could be a candidate. Now THAT would be interesting.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1631652065983.png

This is definitely unhinged.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunately Pete Carroll has been a pretty good head coach in the Pros. His team almost always wins at least 10 games or more.

Damn those Seahawks
Was talking about USC, his record there was even better

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, if Meyer bolts for the Trojans, Jacksonville can always bring in Fisher.
It would now be impossible for 7-9 bullcrap
Maybe 7-9-1 or 7-10 but rest assured, 7-9 will never happen again!
If they want improvement Fisher would be a good choice. Just don't expect winning seasons and playoffs. Jag fans shouldn't mind that after all the years of futility.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I cannot put up with a premiere football program going to the bull shit gimmicy spread type offense. They have acces to the best talent and should be able to power over most teams. Should be competing for championships. With pro style offense and D. Not barely making it to the cooking bowl or what ever.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I disagree about him being a good coach. For starters he’s not likable. He’s a great recruiter and can talk any kid into believing Urban will put them in the NFL. His offense was so reliant on having a running QB. Many teams have caught up to it by now. It was very bland.
Was talking about USC, his record there was even better
His record was good and his recruiting was off the charts. When the Reggie Bush thing blew up in his face, and we all found out how he and the boosters lured so many great players, Pete bailed to Seattle and came out as clean as a whistle. But the part that people didn’t see was that he also lost control of that team. His coaching style of empowerment that is low on discipline doesn’t work for extended periods in college football. Kids need a coach not a cheerleader. You can’t just be these guys buddies.

A similar thing happened in Seattle when Sherman and the LOB were not happy about Russell having Pete’s ear. “But, but, coach said that we are all equals and he loves each one of us the same.” The buddy buddy thing can actually work to some degree when dealing with grown ups. Mutual respect and love is a great motivator for big egos.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Interesting Pete Carroll came up as I was just about to put Meyer right in there with him and Steve Spurrier. Off with all their heads!!!!!