Uni Question!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Where did you read that, if you still know? Everything I read was that they can only do a full uniform change once every 5 years. Why can't they now change just the jersey for this coming season, since that would not be a full uniform change?
I believe Les is right here. Jersey sales are what drives this as no one buys any of the other parts of a uniform with any kind of regularity. Still - I think their rationale is very weak.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Where did you read that, if you still know? Everything I read was that they can only do a full uniform change once every 5 years. Why can't they now change just the jersey for this coming season, since that would not be a full uniform change?

I'm not sure, but you can search and find out pretty easily.

The "uniform change" really boils down to the jersey. Thats why you see the Rams with different helmets now, and why they were able to change the pants. Although both were mistakes and don't work with the jersey. Oh well.

I'm sure they put in for change in plenty of time so they could do the new stuff in 2019 but I'm guessing it's more likely going to be put off until 2020. Keep in mind apparel sales inside the stadium is revenue that IS NOT shared, the team/owner gets all of it. Since most of the seats will be going to people with plenty of money they will be buying stuff like mad, at huge prices, and Kroenke gets all of that. There will be several bright, shiny shops to spend money in and probably some pop up locations near bathroom and high traffic locations.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
In the end, there's going to be a lot of those ugly three toned jersey's stocked piled in a wherehouse somewhere because everyone is waiting for the new uni's. I know I'm not buying anything with that freaking gold in it. Might as well ship 'em back to China now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In the end, there's going to be a lot of those ugly three toned jersey's stocked piled in a wherehouse somewhere because everyone is waiting for the new uni's. I know I'm not buying anything with that freaking gold in it. Might as well ship 'em back to China now.
This is where I think their rationale breaks down. Rather than boost sales in the interim, they are going to be stuck with a bunch of ugly ass jerseys or just not make them OR sell them. Whereas they could ditch the uglies and produce and sell a crap load of jerseys fans actually WANT to buy - both home and away. Why toss out two more seasons of lousy uniform sales and give those sales to “non-authentic” gear companies in a market the size of LA? I just don’t buy that Stan wants to wait on any changes when this color scheme by all accounts simply ain’t selling.

KD wouldn’t be lobbying the league if not for them wanting this change.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
KD wouldn’t be lobbying the league if not for them wanting this change.

I think you misunderstand.

They can ask the league each year for all kinds of changes to everything EXCEPT the jersey. That only gets done every 5 years.

They have obviously already asked the league for a "uniform change" which means the jersey. They have been planning this in plenty of time, and the change for years. Most team probably put in for this whether they are moving or not because it makes big $$$.

They have changed the helmet, pants, gloves and everything else in the last two years. They even lets fans pick the pants..........remember! That's the part that got fucked up and doesn't match! Horrible PR. They changed the helmet and pants to NOT match the one part of the uni they are NOT allowed to change without permission every 5 years.

That is fucking dumb. Or at the least disconnected from your customers. What did any of that do to increase jersey sales? My guess........not a thing.

They are waiting on a complete refashion, and Demoff has said that, from Nike, and will reveal it, as Demoff has said, when they are ready to reveal it.

It's been clumsy as hell, but that's how the Rams PR has been for years. They are ham handed and tone deaf. And Demoff should NEVER be allowed in a meeting about this.

He's just terrible.

If you doubt that, go look up his video about how Rams fans should cheer.

Yikes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think you misunderstand.

They can ask the league each year for all kinds of changes to everything EXCEPT the jersey. That only gets done every 5 years.

They have obviously already asked the league for a "uniform change" which means the jersey. They have been planning this in plenty of time, and the change for years. Most team probably put in for this whether they are moving or not because it makes big $$$.

They have changed the helmet, pants, gloves and everything else in the last two years. They even lets fans pick the pants..........remember! That's the part that got freaked up and doesn't match! Horrible PR. They changed the helmet and pants to NOT match the one part of the uni they are NOT allowed to change without permission every 5 years.

That is freaking dumb. Or at the least disconnected from your customers. What did any of that do to increase jersey sales? My guess........not a thing.

They are waiting on a complete refashion, and Demoff has said that, from Nike, and will reveal it, as Demoff has said, when they are ready to reveal it.

It's been clumsy as hell, but that's how the Rams PR has been for years. They are ham handed and tone deaf. And Demoff should NEVER be allowed in a meeting about this.

He's just terrible.

If you doubt that, go look up his video about how Rams fans should cheer.

Yikes.
Go back and look at the interview with Demoff. He said they lobbied the league to allow them to use the throwbacks on more than the two currently allowed. That’s all I’m talking about. Not that he was lobbying for them to be able to do a complete jersey change before the new Nike designs are out.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
960x0.jpg

OUCH!
Man those Skinny Horns are atrocious. Can we just go to Blue & Yellow and Fix the helmets/horns?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Go back and look at the interview with Demoff. He said they lobbied the league to allow them to use the throwbacks on more than the two currently allowed. That’s all I’m talking about. Not that he was lobbying for them to be able to do a complete jersey change before the new Nike designs are out.

Gotcha.........yes and the NFL said no.

At least it's an indicator that he knows the uniforms are a fucking mess, he can at least recognize his mistakes with it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I am in the same boat... not buying much right now. I want to support the team, but the limbo land on this has got to be hurting them.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am in the same boat... not buying much right now. I want to support the team, but the limbo land on this has got to be hurting them.

Plus you should not wear white until after Memorial Day.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As I understand it, the Rams can wear whatever unis they want, but they would pay a fine (500k?) per game. That is loose change to ESK. For heavens sake, wear the throwbacks all season until u correct this mess....

y2joey

UDFA
As I understand it, the Rams can wear whatever unis they want, but they would pay a fine (500k?) per game. That is loose change to ESK. For heavens sake, wear the throwbacks all season until u correct this mess....

If they wear them for all 7 home games, they're looking at 2.5 mil to wear uniforms. I doubt a team would do that.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If they wear them for all 7 home games, they're looking at 2.5 mil to wear uniforms. I doubt a team would do that.

However, when the Rams get to the Super Bowl, donning the blue & canary yellows would be worth the fine of 500K IMHO.
1978-Heaven-Can-Wait-08.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I might Buy a Helmet, to add to my Collection!(y);):D I would Like to Collect the entire series of Helmets and Jersey's!!:yess:

Rams Uni.jpg

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
I think we all agree the St. Louis gold set was better than the current mess. I think we also agree that Navy jerseys are worse than the white given the gold on the jersey.
To me the solution until 2020 comes is IF we get forced to wear Navy jerseys simply swap back to the St. Louis gold horns for that game. At least the gold on the jerseys will blend better.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, in the end, I still feel they will look like this.
5a181243a59a13ecf5987553_rw_3840.jpg

af1765d50555b551af858bb8_rw_3840.jpg

addon.php

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
NFL is dumb as hell, teams should be able to wear whatever they want.

For the NFL it certainly doesn’t appear smart to have one of your better teams in 2018 “caught up in a stupid rule” like this.