UFA Center Targets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Honestly though, why even use OC? I mean, are we concerned about people thinking we mean the defensive center or the special teams center (plausible but a totally different position with a different name entirely)? All the o-line positions are like that. OLT? As opposed to the defensive left tackle?

Using OC when taking about the center instead of just using C is unnecessary. I'm not judging anyone (much) and I don't mean to derail the thread, but it is a very unnecessary additional letter for what is being discussed and it does overlap with an abbreviation that needs to be OC.

It's not confusing, although it does raise the question

EDIT: Some clarity and correcting a tpyo

Did you just correct your typos and then Finish with a typo on typo?

Bruh. :)

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Did you just correct your typos and then Finish with a typo on typo?

Bruh. :)
392b115e5a864365d902666ae028d401.jpg

No offense meant by the bowling ball comment. That's just how the picture comes.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Maybe we should be asking why we use OG. Or OT. :biggrin:
Defensive tackles are a thing. They usually aren't referenced as just "tackle" but I get it. OG is a concern though. Maybe to reduce confusion with nose guard, but I don't find that argument compelling. I wouldn't say anything, but if it came up I would agree that it's unnecessary.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
All true but I would think someone responding on the thread would first at least glance at a single post and realize it’s about centers and not coordinators.
Definitely. Not defending anyone, especially when I have no idea what they said. Just took an opportunity to discuss a pet peeve I've been holding back about for a while.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Imagine if we hit on Allen and he was our starting above average center — instead of him being a bust. Definitely one time the rams staff was wrong and most posters were right. Ugghh

yep. For many of us that had watched Michigan a few times a year, that draft pick and Snead's excitement when talking about it was a bit of a head scratcher.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No more smurf OL period Snead, for the love of gawd

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect what they liked with Allen was his pulling ability. His strength is pulling in the run game IMO. But yeah hitting there would have saved us so much pain lol.

Seems like Edwards is the only drafted guy Snead has really hit on in the McVay era. Now maybe Evans makes a move next year but it is concerning especially now that they need to hit on center.

Sure would be nice to just solve that shit with FA.