UDFA signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yep, my son heard that when he was being recruited. Not that they are the only positions, still need catchers and first baseman can often be a diff body type, but those two fielding positions are kids that can often play anywhere or even pitch because they are good athlete's. My kid is a CF and he was often told that.

Anyway as for the Rams, yeah I doubt they will ever draft an interior lineman high barring getting a shot at a Quentin Nelson type with a considerable drop off at other positions.
I don’t mind them not taking an interior lineman high actually.
Would have to be a special C or G to get with a high pick.
Corbett was the first pick of the second round but as a T in college, which wasn’t really going to work for him in the NFL.

Yeah, the baseball coach would play the second best catcher at 1st, and the second best SS at 3rd etc.
So C 1st SS 3rd CF and say LF were filled with the top two defensive C, SS and CF and the other few spots were the best remaining hitters who he would try to coach up their D.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So we got so far:

WR Landen Akers
S Paris Ford
OL Alaric Jackson
WR Jeremiah Haydel
C Jordan Meredith
CB Jovan Grant
S Troy Warner

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Some Guys time slow and play fast. See Kupp, Cooper.
Yeah but Kupp ran a 4.62.

Just to repeat myself. I really like the Ford signing but 4.83 and 4.9 are bad forty times for a safety; and probably a major reason Ford was not drafted.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Four reactions to this post and four laughs? Is it just because after all the draft picks our first UDFA was also a WR or am I missing something with the player? haha

The former, ... at least for me.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Who? I’m seeing a 4.46 40 for Paris.
Don't know what search you entered but I just went back and checked.

Typed-in "Paris Ford nfl draft forty times" and see numerous articles and reports of his poor Pro Day forty-times ... 4.83 and 4.9.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly don't 100% trust the pro day numbers. Probably some higher than they really are and some lower.

dang

Legend
Don't know what search you entered but I just went back and checked.

Typed-in "Paris Ford nfl draft forty times" and see numerous articles and reports of his poor Pro Day forty-times ... 4.83 and 4.9.
Lindy’s 2021 Draft. It could be wrong but it shows 4.46 but this would probably have been before a pro day.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Lindy’s 2021 Draft. It could be wrong but it shows 4.46 but this would probably have been before a pro day.
Way before.

Lindy's is a good magazine (been getting it for many years) but its forty-times are just estimates. Even its heights and weights are what the colleges put-out; and are sometimes not accurate.

I believe Lindy's comes-out in March. Ford's Pro Day was probably in early-April.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
WE GOT A HAWKEYE!
Any other opinion on the signing ? Looks like a veteran type guy ?
In my opinion, to have success in this league I think he needs to be moved to Guard. Not overly athletic like his teammate last year, Wirfs. He's a real solid OL and had had a few injuries which ultimately probably dropped him like this. If he moves to G, I feel like he can be a solid contribution.