Training Camp (WED Aug-09)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Maybe that means Rogers is our third-down back these days? One note on him, the article the other day said his weight was at 235... I can't see him lead blocking at that weight, can you? Harkey may still be our guy...

I've been wondering the same thing. Look I am all in on Rogers and am excited to have a genuine fullback for once but it has been concerning that he is a few stones light in the pants especially for lead blocking purposes.
Mebbe he will shine on STs and 3rd receiving duties to justify his presence on the roster.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I've been wondering the same thing. Look I am all in on Rogers and am excited to have a genuine fullback for once but it has been concerning that he is a few stones light in the pants especially for lead blocking purposes. Mebbe he will shine on STs and 3rd receiving duties to justify his presence on the roster.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Rogers can add a few more stones to his stocky build. Hoping to see him get a few catches Saturday night vs Dallas.

vtfb.0.gif

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just got home. I haven't read through all 12 pages of today's TC thread so if I repeat bear with me, I'm just going to blaze away in no order of what I took away from today's TC.

LARGE crowd! Stands were full and folks crowding both end zones. 6 to 8 thousand

Lots of intensity from both teams. Havenstien at RT and Brown at RG all practice. Mostly Woods, Kupp and Cooper (slot). They did mix it up with RB lined up outside (Gurley, Brown) or TE's outside (Hemingway, Everett, Higbee).

OL was giving QB time in the pocket. Both ones and twos. Lots more completions.

WR's that stood out, Woods, Kupp, McRoberts, (excellent day for McRoberts), Cooper Spruce and Ryan.

I didn't pay much attention to the D, (they're still ahead of the O).

Goff and Mannion look way ahead of where they were last year.

More passes and routes going over the middle.

Ingram and Bosa didn't get near Goff.

At least 3 scrums-- not too bad, but both teams taking no shyt.

Rams O held their own, moved the ball. I give them a "win" today.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Forgot to mention ROD brothers VetRamFan, 8to12, Ramball and the Duke. We all sat together for a bit and gave the Chargers hell.

ROD well represented!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Just got home. I haven't read through all 12 pages of today's TC thread so if I repeat bear with me, I'm just going to blaze away in no order of what I took away from today's TC.

LARGE crowd! Stands were full and folks crowding both end zones. 6 to 8 thousand

Lots of intensity from both teams. Havenstien at RT and Brown at RG all practice. Mostly Woods, Kupp and Cooper (slot). They did mix it up with RB lined up outside (Gurley, Brown) or TE's outside (Hemingway, Everett, Higbee).

OL was giving QB time in the pocket. Both ones and twos. Lots more completions.

WR's that stood out, Woods, Kupp, McRoberts, (excellent day for McRoberts), Cooper Spruce and Ryan.

I didn't pay much attention to the D, (they're still ahead of the O).

Goff and Mannion look way ahead of where they were last year.

More passes and routes going over the middle.

Ingram and Bosa didn't get near Goff.

At least 3 scrums-- not too bad, but both teams taking no shyt.

Rams O held their own, moved the ball. I give them a "win" today.

Crazy. Most reports state how bad the offense was today. Only one TD scored all day long. Way too many incompletions. And reports stated how terrible the second unit o line is. So it's crazy how different opinions can be.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I never saw Brown at RT. RamBall and I watched most of the practice and both of us agreed the O looked better this time around against the Chargers. Yes the O needs to be better, but it has improved form the last practice I attended.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I was sitting at the north field and the D was on south field. So I got to watch the OL and they looked like a completely different group than was reported Saturday. Goff and Mannion had plenty of time, Goff stepped up to avoid rush a couple times and was chased by Bosa on a play action roll out where Goff hurried his throw and was off target. The passing game looked much better than the anything the previous regime put on the field. Kupp is going to be in the league for a long time, always open and catches everything. Spruce also had another good day. McRoberts took advantage of every snap he got making some nice grabs. Shakir Ryan made so e plays, the most impressive was a punt return where he went untouched on what looked like about an 80 yard return up the middle.

I'll post more later, its time to plan my day for tomorrow

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Best play from the Rams' joint practice with the Chargers: Jared Goff ran play action, rolled out a bit, then threw a perfect pass to Cooper Kupp near the opposite sideline for a 25-yard gain.

i
Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thanks to all the RODers for the updates, really appreciate it and this is the place to track practices that's for sure.

Sounds like the offense is continuing to build, and I'll take it.

As to the defense, they're still fiesty and me likey.

Saturday cannot come soon enough holy F.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
ESPNLA is such a joke. They are at the practice and have hardly talked about it, besides praising Phillip Rivers, and maybe Cooper Kupp a little... They go off on riffs about a point,and all of a sudden they are talking LeBron James and the NBA. Then concussion issues and the popularity of football...or telling personal experiences of breaking curfew...

HOW ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON, ON THE FIELD?!?!?!
Have they discussed any good egg recipes?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

yes, thanks to all the updaters of the tweets and to the guys that went to practice. you guys are the best.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Have they discussed any good egg recipes?
It is awful! The biggest story they are covering is a 40 yard dash between Marcellus and Keyshawn this Saturday! I mean they have promo announcements and everything!

I cannot stand to listen to this station but I do with the hopes of getting some little tidbit of info about our Rams.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu

View: https://twitter.com/BluMambaSports/status/895440013730627585

A couple thoughts on this video.

1. A decent corner-post route by the receiver (couldn't quite tell who it was) causes Tru to stop and get some separation. Tru did a nice job at recovering, closing the window, and winning that play; however, a more accurate ball equals a completion. It was slightly overthrown.

2. Looks like Trujo got a nice shove on the receiver after the ball hit the ground. Their momentum carried over, and on the way down, the Charger receiver saw his opportunity at revenge by grabbing his face mask. It's perfectly fine and expected for both guys to get heated, especially in a competitive joint practice.

3. If you're going to fight a guy, Tru, keep your helmet on. Don't give him a free shot to your head!;)

4. NRC totally blind-sided the Charger guy in a fight he had no business in. This is the shit that gives us a bad rap. I'm glad that fucker got plowed into the ground by Keenan Allen (and I love what I'm hearing about NRC thus far in camp. That cheap shot pisses me off, though).

4b. Also, don't fucking take on Keenan Allen.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isnt Tru #22? I thought hill was the 2nd to arrive. Maybe it was NRC.

You were right.

Ok gotcha didn't even look at numbers I just seen Jack D post Tru's name so I assumed wrong.. Still the WR was dirty and Tru pushing was low but not as low as grabbing a face mask like that...

The LA rivalry builds and they play in the 3rd preseason game... Hmmm some hype for LA media to show on the news write in the papers to give a boost to the fans? I don't like dirty play or unsportsmanlike like conduct when it can be prevented but thankfully nobody got hurt.

It was the other way around.

Why does it look like DB 22 was on the play and DB 23 did the pushing? I need to check my eyes ;) or yours

You're right.