Torry Holt: Tavon Austin’s Biggest Impact Will be on Special Teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cracengl

Rookie
I'll always be of the opinion that if you draft a WR in the top 10 and he doesn't turn into a 1,000+ yard per year guy then that pick should be seen as a failure.
I respect that, especially since they could have landed Patterson later on. I just don't think Snead and Fisher really see it that way. If they identify a guy they really want and they go get him, so be it. It'll be on them. I just think some are jumping the gun on writing him off. Time will tell.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I respect that, especially since they could have landed Patterson later on. I just don't think Snead and Fisher really see it that way. If they identify a guy they really want and they go get him, so be it. It'll be on them. I just think some are jumping the gun on writing him off. Time will tell.

Good point. For the record, Holt, drafted #6, had 780 yards his rookie season, on a SB winning team with Bruce opposite him. My issue with Holt's comments is that you cannot treat Austin as a pure WR, nor analyze his selection in a vacuum.
Like you said, Snead and Fisher WANTED him, and had some extra picks to play with. They needed a kick and punt returner as well. And third, Austin was (is) just plain special. And he's only had a year in a vanilla (running) offense, with a back-up QB for half a year in a brutal division. Just (still) think it was an unfair and subjective analysis. :cautious: