To my fans and my haters on Rams On Demand

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here’s what I think…

You’re a Rams fan…that’s great.

You’re a young guy trying to forge a path… that’s also great.

Here are the two big pitfalls you need to avoid as they can really derail you:

1. Don’t puff: you’re not really an “insider,” so don’t pretend to be. Too many aspiring sportswriters/talking heads publish “reports” (“according to sources…”) that are really just speculation. People will quickly figure out if you’re that type of bullshitter.

2. Don’t be a parrot: try to provide original insight, rather than just repackaging others’ words. In the end, being interesting and bringing a fresh perspective is what will draw people to you.

Good luck!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm a fairly regular podcast listener during the season (not much of a draft guy so don't follow those as much). I respect what you've built and the fact that you keep plugging away ... and respect you didn't piss away your money on a college degree that wouldn't have helped you much in this endeavor anyway.

Minor quibble? The bad puns during the Manscape ads on your podcast, although I doubt you guys were the ones that wrote them ... :laugh4:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its great to have fans who love you and haters who dont. As long as they're talking about you, you're getting the views.
I commend you for going for it, and doing what 100's of posters wish they could

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think you are doing a HELL OF A JOB, Jake. Like others have said, tune any negativity out because you are well on your way. Haters in that space probably have their own personal issues going on.

Your YouTube production is pretty solid. I like your graphics overlay and how you've built that layout, your studio, etc. Your shows flow well and you've polished that side of your game nicely.

I think you are a natural at a lot of what is required for podcasting/your channel; speaking on the fly, staying articulate with broad knowledge across topics, all while reading some comments coming at you in real time. You do a very good job, man. That's not easy.

I admire the heck out of what you are doing Jake. We are glad you consider ROD a place to stay connected with, and look forward to seeing you contribute here from time to time. Give ROD a shout out on your program one of these days!

Cheers, brother!

CGI

JYB

Starter
Hey!

I am always told from a few on YouTube to come back and say hi to ROD. I tend to come back and do that when I can. Just had some fun looking through what some of the people on here were saying about me. Mostly it was positive. I wanted to address both the fans and haters because I think it's long overdue.

For those of you that have stuck by me all these years as a young writer who absolutely sucked I appreciate you. For those that still don't like me from that period and have gone onto hate what I've done with my YouTube channel success I'm sorry you feel that way. I think I realize now looking back now that I'm 26 and keep in mind, started this writing journey as a college dropout in 2016, I wasn't everyone's favorite. Some rallied behind the young kid and others felt either threatened by me, hated the idea of me potentially doing something they always wanted to but never could or just didn't respect my knowledge of the game.

I'm not a hard-nosed X's and O's guy for one. That shouldn't be a shock to people. I'm also not a former player, I never played competitive football in fact and I know some don't value my football opinion because of that. However, I've worked hard to learn the game for a long time and I think I've done a good enough job in doing so.

That brings me to the next part, the writing. I'm not a great writer. I have always struggled to organize my thoughts and while I get paid to write for another site, I understand why some of the guys in here looking back soured on me. It's not that I wasn't a good writer, it's that when they tended to reach out and try and constructively criticize me I lashed out. There's a reason for this, what you don't know is early on when I started becoming bigger on Twitter I got harassed over and over and over again. So, I think because of that I got more defensive on ROD.

I felt I needed to drop this post for everyone to understand I'm as down to Earth as they come, I want to help people, I want to entertain and inform. I've done my best starting my company, my podcast, my YouTube, interviewing prospect after prospect and going to the Senior Bowl on my own dime 3 of the last 5 years to do that. I've put every dime ever made from what I do back into it so I could have the best equipment possible and give you guys the best quality possible.

I understand some are still upset by how I may have acted when I was 21. I realize I was immature and it rubbed people the wrong way. However, I just want you all to know I still appreciate this community. Just because I get busy and don't post for awhile doesn't mean I don't care about ROD. The YouTube has gone extremely well. I cant thank the people who have stuck by me through it all enough. I'm not a great writer. It's why I've gone into making these videos and streaming. You don't have to like me but you have to understand the level of work I've put into doing what I do. It's taken a lot of sacrifice that I would never take back.

Anyway, happy to be back. I'll try to remain as active as I can. Hope all is well. If you want to give my channel a shot here it is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzsd2pfWWznowBS81fADTpA

Hope everyone is staying healthy, safe and gearing up for another fun season of Rams football. Feel free to follow me on twitter @JKBOGEN. If you have any questions whatsoever I'm an open book and will answer them on here, on YouTube or on Twitter. Take care y'all. Horns up
Really enjoy your stuff, Jake. Your content, your presentation and your personality. Keep up the great work.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nice write up about your path. Continue to go after it.

I think @Selassie I and @CGI_Ram said it best.

Stay true to your ambitions and don't waste time on haters. They'll always be out there - especially in today's day and age.

You're still young and need not apologize for a lack of experience and knowledge. You're doing just fine.

Look forward to your future posts.

Cheers Jake.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@JKBOGEN

While we're on the subject of ROD...

My son was listening to an LA radio station in the days immediately following our SB win. He heard a caller on a sports show say that he was a member here on ROD. Was that caller you by chance? I can’t remember exactly what my son told me the caller said, but from what my son told me I thought the caller might have been you.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just continue to do you, bro. Embrace your followers and haters alike. They are just different opinions in the end. I used to want to be a writer, but life got in the way. I hope you continue your road to success in whatever channel you feel is the best fit for it. we are all Rams fan, Jake. Good luck to you, and I'll check you out on you tube. Thanks for the link.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I follow your Rams content on YouTube @JKBOGEN

You've matured and come along away my Rams brother.

I enjoy your JE LIVE Stream material on YouTube and always catch it after a Rams signing or updated team related information.

(y) :helmet:
wsq58RUF_V6sysaaCiFFk_mDtOCLUbeXuW9PnaiKeWYv6b9Wn39lYoFi1AX8uUYT95FTm8GQ9A=s176-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj-mo

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Hey!

I am always told from a few on YouTube to come back and say hi to ROD. I tend to come back and do that when I can. Just had some fun looking through what some of the people on here were saying about me. Mostly it was positive. I wanted to address both the fans and haters because I think it's long overdue.

For those of you that have stuck by me all these years as a young writer who absolutely sucked I appreciate you. For those that still don't like me from that period and have gone onto hate what I've done with my YouTube channel success I'm sorry you feel that way. I think I realize now looking back now that I'm 26 and keep in mind, started this writing journey as a college dropout in 2016, I wasn't everyone's favorite. Some rallied behind the young kid and others felt either threatened by me, hated the idea of me potentially doing something they always wanted to but never could or just didn't respect my knowledge of the game.

I'm not a hard-nosed X's and O's guy for one. That shouldn't be a shock to people. I'm also not a former player, I never played competitive football in fact and I know some don't value my football opinion because of that. However, I've worked hard to learn the game for a long time and I think I've done a good enough job in doing so.

That brings me to the next part, the writing. I'm not a great writer. I have always struggled to organize my thoughts and while I get paid to write for another site, I understand why some of the guys in here looking back soured on me. It's not that I wasn't a good writer, it's that when they tended to reach out and try and constructively criticize me I lashed out. There's a reason for this, what you don't know is early on when I started becoming bigger on Twitter I got harassed over and over and over again. So, I think because of that I got more defensive on ROD.

I felt I needed to drop this post for everyone to understand I'm as down to Earth as they come, I want to help people, I want to entertain and inform. I've done my best starting my company, my podcast, my YouTube, interviewing prospect after prospect and going to the Senior Bowl on my own dime 3 of the last 5 years to do that. I've put every dime ever made from what I do back into it so I could have the best equipment possible and give you guys the best quality possible.

I understand some are still upset by how I may have acted when I was 21. I realize I was immature and it rubbed people the wrong way. However, I just want you all to know I still appreciate this community. Just because I get busy and don't post for awhile doesn't mean I don't care about ROD. The YouTube has gone extremely well. I cant thank the people who have stuck by me through it all enough. I'm not a great writer. It's why I've gone into making these videos and streaming. You don't have to like me but you have to understand the level of work I've put into doing what I do. It's taken a lot of sacrifice that I would never take back.

Anyway, happy to be back. I'll try to remain as active as I can. Hope all is well. If you want to give my channel a shot here it is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzsd2pfWWznowBS81fADTpA

Hope everyone is staying healthy, safe and gearing up for another fun season of Rams football. Feel free to follow me on twitter @JKBOGEN. If you have any questions whatsoever I'm an open book and will answer them on here, on YouTube or on Twitter. Take care y'all. Horns up
You're always welcome here. Been watching your channel since around the Stafford hire. You and Locked On are the only Ram podcasts I watch regularly. I may sprinkle in some McAfee too for other interesting stuff.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've only been on this site for awhile now, but congrats so far on everything you accomplished. We all have to start somewhere no matter what journey in life we choose. Whatever path we all travel, there are highs and lows for sure. We all make mistakes but the important part is we value those mistakes and do our best to learn from them as we gather more experience. I salute you for sticking to your craft and doing what all of us should do.....get better over time about things we are passionate about. Keep forging ahead and always remember, there are people that will root you on and haters that will hate as usual. Just keep your head up, surround yourself with those that truly care for you and will be honest with you to steer you towards being the best version of you. In short, keep rocking on!
Thank you for the kind response and confidence in me. I surely will!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
It takes courage to put yourself out there and try to build something. I don't see any point hating on a fellow Rams fan who is doing that. All of the best of luck to you, Jake. :cool:
Thank you jrry32! I appreciate the kind words.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
You've come a long way Jake. I've listened to almost every one of your podcasts because, like you, I'm a die hard Ram fan and I want every scrap I can get about them. I attend every Ram TC practice and write reports on what I see there here at ROD for those other hard core Ram fans that can't be there,

Maybe you can give me some things to watch for at TC this summer? Kinda like "boots on the ground". I'd be more than happy to get with you if you're interested. I could be a good resource for your TC content this summer. PM me here at ROD.

Much appreciated! I will definitely take you up on that when the time comes!!! Thanks bubba

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
You seem a bit narcissistic...

Appreciate your effort & the time you devote to the Rams, but don't be so dismissive of opinions you don't agree with or simply may not understand.

Many of us here have been NFL and Rams fans for longer than you have been on this Earth...and then some.

We have watched teams being built poorly and teams being built the right way. We have witnessed poor drafting, great drafting, players being over hyped, and others being overlooked. We have seen it all, and these things often repeat themselves and can be identified by the longtime fan.
You have a ways to go to get to that point.
I think the issue is the way I come off on Twitter. I haven't mastered Twitter and I don't think I ever will. It's why I focus so much on my video content and podcast content. I use sarcasm a lot and not even in a disrespectful way it's just how sometimes I will convey a message. I think its easy for it to get lost in translation. I apologize if I've ever rubbed you the wrong way. I very much recognize your screen name so if you are the one on twitter with that name I know we've probably gone at it before. No disrespect. Thanks for the the appreciation.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Jake? Never heard of her. Must be hideous.

No offense I don’t read or watch your stuff. I have not put forth the effort. I read the post to start this thread. You’re a Rams fan, so you have at least one redeeming quality!
OH NO haha I am called Jake From State Farm all the time. Nice lol

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
@jakebogen95

Hi Jake, I've been watching your YouTube channel since its inception. I really enjoy it. Keep up the good work and I hope you figure out how to continue to grow and monetize it.

Please understand that the ROD draws from a broader demographic base than your YouTube channel does. Many people here have no interest in social media or the younger generations. Don't let that spoil your experience of the ROD. And please keep in mind that it is not personal - has nothing to do with you as a person.

I think your analysis is good. It seems to me that you have an understanding of the game. Not to the level of some of the members on the ROD, but much more so than a casual fan or talking head.

I learn from you regularly. And I especially appreciate the work you do around the draft and FA. I simply do not have the time to put in the amount of research that you do, so you are a great resource of information.

Cheers!
Much respect and appreciation for your support! I think that second paragraph was very well said and I don't necessarily hold that against them if that makes sense. I appreciate your viewership and that I help you learn a bit from the draft or whatever I am talking about. Much love

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Don't waste time worrying about what others say about you, because that's all you're doing... wasting time. Especially in the Land Of Make Believe known as social media. Stay true to yourself... that's all you need to concern yourself with.

Take that wasted time and energy and direct it towards chasing and catching girls. And don't do it on your phone... talk to them with your mouth in person. Social media isn't real life. Step away from your computer/phone.

Who gives a fuck what others think.
You are absolutely right. I've tried working on that because for awhile I used to answer every single comment mean or nice. Now, I'm really just trying to keep the energy around me positive. Thank you!