GAME DAY TNF - Saints at Rams | Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
IDK, maybe playing someone else, but not against us.
if they have sealed home field they will rest starters - if not for the entire game than for a half.

Not sure why against us would matter - they have nothing to prove against us.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
This Young teams wheels fall off fairly consistantly, but they can hang around with anybody with Stafford at the helm. Just the defense seems a little short and the offense just stalls. It Was a Thursday game and guys were tired and sore. They were unbeatable for 3 quarters until the blocked punt and the holding calls on the rookie. Then not so good. They will be better. Go rams

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
With how fragile their stars are, I'd definitely be sitting them.
Agreed! He won't "cut off his nose to spite his face", If he has players that are playing hurt or will benefit from rest, he will likely rest them.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if they have sealed home field they will rest starters - if not for the entire game than for a half.

Not sure why against us would matter - they have nothing to prove against us.
Niners have been our biggest rivals since I have been watching them. Around 60 years, way back to the John Brodie days.
We don't like them, they don't like us.

Ellard80

Legend
Niners have been our biggest rivals since I have been watching them. Around 60 years, way back to the John Brodie days.
you really think that has any bearing on if they will rest players or not?

They are trying to win a Superbowl. not a rivalry game they have won 10 straight times in the regular season.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
But they'll have bigger fish to fry.
The starters may play.. but a half at most.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What would be a storybook ending would be entering that game vs SF with them needing the win for the top seed. Then we beat them and make them play us again in the wildcard round and beat their fucking asses again.

MachS

Hall of Fame
What would be a storybook ending would be entering that game vs SF with them needing the win for the top seed. Then we beat them and make them play us again in the wildcard round and beat their fucking asses again.
Aiight bro thats enough kush for one evening. :laugh4:

TexasRam

Legend
One way to make that happen is to snap Purdys leg in week 17.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aiight bro thats enough kush for one evening. :laugh4:
You know it. This is some good shit hehe.

But seriously when it comes to a divisional rival all bets are off. We are very dangerous to them and more dangerous if we don't have the need when we face them.

So if we enter that final game and already have a wildcard locked up I think we are more dangerous than if we need to beat them to get in.

And if we can draw them in the playoffs we have nothing to lose. So we are more dangerous to them in that scenario.

oldnotdead

Legend
The only wheels falling off are on STs.

This offense can play with anyone. God I hate when Fuller is playing deep, he simply doesn't understand how to play deep safety. You could see Witherspoon gesturing to Fuller, WTF dude on that deep TD. Then Morris allows himself to go limp and soft and gives up a TD.

The weak points are Morris and Blackburn. Every time the Rams get a lead he softens up the defense, I mean he played prevent in the third quarter! How stupid can you get.

But they won so on to DC and hope the weather there isn't horrific.

MachS

Hall of Fame
You know it. This is some good shit hehe.

But seriously when it comes to a divisional rival all bets are off. We are very dangerous to them and more dangerous if we don't have the need when we face them.

So if we enter that final game and already have a wildcard locked up I think we are more dangerous than if we need to beat them to get in.

And if we can draw them in the playoffs we have nothing to lose. So we are more dangerous to them in that scenario.
All good points for sure. We can score with anyone right now and there's a good argument we have the 2nd best offense in the NFL currently. I just think Shanny + their personnel are too good and will exploit our young D. Will be very tough to beat them twice IMO.

But anything is possible...would be sick to see Stafford go on an all time run through the playoffs winning shootout after shootout. I'm going to smoke again and ponder this more :unsure:.

oldnotdead

Legend
The thing people aren't talking about is how now the Rams have the tie breaker against the Seahawks and now the Saints. The only team in the running that don't are the Vikings and GB. But I see the Vikings probably losing 2 of their last 3.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We're not winning it all. Just don't have the horses on defense. If we knock San Francisco out of the playoffs, I'd consider that our version of winning the Super Bowl this year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking they will win a Superbowl this season. I know how incredibly difficult and unlikely that would be.... ... and yet, at mid season, just making it into the postseason seemed incredibly difficult and unlikely.
And before the season started, what was the realistic and objective outlook then? 5, maybe 6 wins, sometimes even more bleak.

if they can keep playing their best ball, can get in and get a little lucky, anything is possible, especially when you have Matthew Fucking Stafford as your QB.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
All good points for sure. We can score with anyone right now and there's a good argument we have the 2nd best offense in the NFL currently. I just think Shanny + their personnel are too good and will exploit our young D. Will be very tough to beat them twice IMO.

But anything is possible...would be sick to see Stafford go on an all time run through the playoffs winning shootout after shootout. I'm going to smoke again and ponder this more :unsure:.
Their average with Kupp, Stafford, Williams and Nacua together would be fourth in the league.. and that's with leaving a significant amount of points on the field the last two weeks.

I think, right now.. they're in the top 5.
Niners are, clearly, the best offense... but the Rams are right there with anyone else. Amazing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cowherd pointing out the Rams get 10 days to prep for the Giants...

1703227169785.png