This weeks Goff thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't count on that, and the main reason is that there's such a big difference with their approach.

It's not really run first as it is block first, and it has more to do with maximizing your pre-snap reads with those options, though I do agree in that you're kind of looking for trouble when your offense features plays designed to rush your quarterback as an option on almost every down.

IMO, the wheels likely fall off for Greg Roman's offense in the same way that they did for the 49ers, which is to say that they better continue to prioritize that offensive line.

Wait what's the big difference again? (2012 Redskins vs. 2019 Ravens?)

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just wondering what took so long to have Goff roll out and pass on the run . He seems plenty capable to me and that keeps the D honest . That's how Warner and Bulger took a beating towards the end . 7 step drops time after time let's the D bull rush without having to defend the edge .
Naturally I'm not suggesting that Goff isn't a pocket passer , but he's more mobile than we give him credit for . Let's see what happens against the Hags . As far as Wilson , I have nothing I care to praise him on . He's the enemy

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Wait what's the big difference again? (2012 Redskins vs. 2019 Ravens?)
I don’t think Roman coached for the Redskins in 2012, and whatever reason people invent for Kaepernick not playing it wasn’t due to injury :)

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I'm just wondering what took so long to have Goff roll out and pass on the run . He seems plenty capable to me and that keeps the D honest . That's how Warner and Bulger took a beating towards the end . 7 step drops time after time let's the D bull rush without having to defend the edge .
Naturally I'm not suggesting that Goff isn't a pocket passer , but he's more mobile than we give him credit for . Let's see what happens against the Hags . As far as Wilson , I have nothing I care to praise him on . He's the enemy

I think that might require calling roll outs and bootlegs...something the playcaller might have to do....except when Goff might check to a roll out or boot
I don’t know if you ask Goff or McVay about that one

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like seeing Goff moving around, roll outs... up tempo.

Below are “time to throw” stats... 2.75 seconds is good for about 17th among starters... so middle of road.

Common thread among all these names? Goff, Mahomes, Brady, Wentz... all having “off years”. Probably related, at least in-part, to this.

Get Goff moving, McVay!

E9C2D65B-FB1A-4A5B-861F-3B43DFC24724.jpeg

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is Goff great under pressure? As surely as the sun rises in the west! But he has arm talent, is durable and will hopefully get better at protecting himself and the ball under pressure. We need to protect him.