This doesn't bode well

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He refused to address questions asked by teams about specific incidents?

I saw a few interviews in front of the press and any time he was asked about passed incidents he would just say 'That is the past and I am not focusing on the past. I am focusing on the future and being the face of a franchise' He stuck to that line of answering questions. Kept saying he is a positive guy who always looks forward. I would have been more comfortable if he had owned up to making mistakes and claiming to have learned from them, etcetera. I don't know what he specifically told teams in private. They don't usually let that out.

I got a bad vibe off of it all and I was Winston supporter all the way. I still think he has the best tools and his come from behind wins are a testament to his ability but is he going to be that guy in the NFL? I think we are starting to see signs that he will be the guy that is all about his fame and not so much about putting the work in a la Manziel. Heck, any time I see a football player show up at the combine out of shape it is a red flag. And I know that could be nothing like it turned out to be for Alshon Jeffery but Winston said that he likes to eat in the offseason and that is what he does. With a position where the mental side of the game is sooooooooo important it is disconcerting. This guy has to be able to lead, to work harder than anyone on the team and to keep his off field game in check. I don't think he is sending that is sending that message.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw a few interviews in front of the press and any time he was asked about passed incidents he would just say 'That is the past and I am not focusing on the past. I am focusing on the future and being the face of a franchise' He stuck to that line of answering questions. Kept saying he is a positive guy who always looks forward. I would have been more comfortable if he had owned up to making mistakes and claiming to have learned from them, etcetera. I don't know what he specifically told teams in private. They don't usually let that out.

I got a bad vibe off of it all and I was Winston supporter all the way. I still think he has the best tools and his come from behind wins are a testament to his ability but is he going to be that guy in the NFL? I think we are starting to see signs that he will be the guy that is all about his fame and not so much about putting the work in a la Manziel. Heck, any time I see a football player show up at the combine out of shape it is a red flag. And I know that could be nothing like it turned out to be for Alshon Jeffery but Winston said that he likes to eat in the offseason and that is what he does. With a position where the mental side of the game is sooooooooo important it is disconcerting. This guy has to be able to lead, to work harder than anyone on the team and to keep his off field game in check. I don't think he is sending that is sending that message.

He refused to address the rape allegations because there's the possibility of a civil suit and anything he says can be admitted by the other side as evidence.

Winston showed up out of shape at the Combine? In what way? The guy was 6'4" 231. Sam Bradford showed up to the Combine at 6'4" 236. Was he out of shape?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He refused to address the rape allegations because there's the possibility of a civil suit and anything he says can be admitted by the other side as evidence.

Winston showed up out of shape at the Combine? In what way? The guy was 6'4" 231. Sam Bradford showed up to the Combine at 6'4" 236. Was he out of shape?

Yep, he looked soft and flabby. Doesn't he get that this offseason is a job interview? Maybe he figures that he will go top ten no matter what, so he doesn't care. Doesn't care?

That makes sense about the legal issues and maybe he answered questions differently in private, but he came across as dismissive. He could have said that he would like to answer questions more directly, however at this time I am not permitted.

I was totally sold on Winston before the combine but now I have serious doubts.

It doesn't matter though. The chances that the Rams make a move for him are not good.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, he looked soft and flabby. Doesn't he get that this offseason is a job interview? Maybe he figures that he will go top ten no matter what, so he doesn't care. Doesn't care?

That's not being out of shape. That's called being a QB. Don't make me post the pictures again. :LOL:

That makes sense about the legal issues and maybe he answered questions differently in private, but he came across as dismissive. He could have said that he would like to answer questions more directly, however at this time I am not permitted.

If he said that, people would claim that he had something to hide.

I was totally sold on Winston before the combine but now I have serious doubts.

It doesn't matter though. The chances that the Rams make a move for him are not good.

Well, just divergent philosophies I guess. I was totally sold on Winston before the Combine and the Combine did nothing to change it. Film is film. Only thing that would change it would be a career altering medical problem or him bombing the interviews. Neither were an issue.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Johnny Tricycle 2.0. never wanted him before, now I'm going to enjoy watching him get lit up in Tampa.... however with their shit division he just might be able to lift them out of the dumpster.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. It's dumb as crap and it's dumb as crap that trivial crap like that can be trademarked in the first place. Even more so if you end up falling flat on your stupid face like Kenny Trill.

If anyone would be trademarking that super dumb nickname, it should be the dude who gave him the nickname.

This what I hate about business in general, and even more so marketing and partly why I gave up on that hell-hole practice. Nothing but fake BS 24/7 in that field.

Sometimes I really hate this world. And this is one reason why. Really arrogant, really egotistical, really petty ways to make a quick buck.
Right.
Should be practicing humility and focusing on football.
Thoughts of expanding his brand before he's accomplished anything is poor character, as it is he also floats the idea about playing pro-baseball.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get all the judgment here...if any of us were Winston and someone advised you to do this, we would do it too.

You choose how you react to stuff, and lots of people on here are choosing to get very worked up over something that is completely irrelevant. If he doesn't turn out to be a good player, by all means throw it in his face...until then??

Corbin

I don't get all the judgment here...if any of us were Winston and someone advised you to do this, we would do it too.

You choose how you react to stuff, and lots of people on here are choosing to get very worked up over something that is completely irrelevant. If he doesn't turn out to be a good player, by all means throw it in his face...until then??
This is a forum post board where people discuss topics including this one. If you don't like reading peoples opinions this might not be the best place for you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seriously, I think anyone who trademarks their own freaking (nick)name is a dickhead. Especially when it isn't even a nickname and especially when it's basically stolen from something else.
Well to be honest, I tried to trademark mine to keep anyone from using it in relation to similar products that I offer and it was always part of the name of my businesses. Unfortunately, they wouldn't award me the trademark because it was too common in use and could represent a living individual. But still, in this day and age, trademarking your name isn't as much about making money off your name but about preventing jackals from making money off of it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a forum post board where people discuss topics including this one. If you don't like reading peoples opinions this might not be the best place for you.

He just gave his opinion. That it's no big deal and nothing to skewer the guy over. I agree with him. I'd say you should probably reflect on your own post if that's how you feel.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He just gave his opinion. That it's no big deal and nothing to skewer the guy over. I agree with him. I'd say you should probably reflect on your own post if that's how you feel.
This^^^

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW - "Everyone Loves a Great Rack" is trademarked. Is it because I'm vane or is it because I don't want others making money on my ideas and hard work and also creating something that could be mistaken for my product and therefore making my product less valuable. Is Jameis supposed to just sit there and let someone make money of something like shirts that say "Famous Jameis Sucks Ass" or shirts with his likeness and the words "Famous Jameis"? Screw that. Let them do something to earn it rather than bottom feed off of someone who has.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
That's not being out of shape. That's called being a QB. Don't make me post the pictures again. :LOL:

This! I saw Nick Foles around campus a few times when he was at the U of A and he was chubby for a college athlete.

Corbin

Yeah and I gave mine and you gave yours. I now feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Athos

Legend
BTW - "Everyone Loves a Great Rack" is trademarked. Is it because I'm vane or is it because I don't want others making money on my ideas and hard work and also creating something that could be mistaken for my product and therefore making my product less valuable. Is Jameis supposed to just sit there and let someone make money of something like shirts that say "Famous Jameis Sucks Ass" or shirts with his likeness and the words "Famous Jameis"? Screw that. Let them do something to earn it rather than bottom feed off of someone who has.

Meh. The thing with that shit is, there's always someone who actually did it beforehand. You're just getting the trademark first.

I'm betting "everyone loves a great rack" was created a long ass time ago. I'm talking since man first discovered how great sex is and the benefits of a great rack.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh. The thing with that crap is, there's always someone who actually did it beforehand. You're just getting the trademark first.

I'm betting "everyone loves a great rack" was created a long ass time ago. I'm talking since man first discovered how great sex is and the benefits of a great rack.
Start a business and put all your effort into marketing and brand ID and such - then talk to me about it. Virtually any business has been done before but slogans and brand IDs and how you present your product are a huge part of having a successful one and differentiating yourself from the other businesses that may be producing a similar product. If any moron can use your brand ID that you have made marketable, they are flat out stealing from you and your brand then means nothing.

But I suppose anyone should be able to put CocaCola on a can of carbonated sugar water and everything is fine. Branding is essential to the businesses and the consumer as well and it is a huge part of what gives any business value with the consumers.

No matter what you do for a living, your living is dependent on branding. And that even applies to government workers.

Athos

Legend
Start a business and put all your effort into marketing and brand ID and such - then talk to me about it. Virtually any business has been done before but slogans and brand IDs and how you present your product are a huge part of having a successful one and differentiating yourself from the other businesses that may be producing a similar product. If any moron can use your brand ID that you have made marketable, they are flat out stealing from you and your brand then means nothing.

We aren't talking brands with Winston. We're talking some dumbshit nickname. Stop putting words in my mouth. Branding names. I'm talking just straight up names. Not names of companies or anything. Your actual name. That's dumb imo.

And I'm still going to laugh my ass at at egotistical children like Johnny Shitball, Kenny Trill, and now Winston, who try and go trademark shit without doing a thing. Makes them look like idiots.

Just like the idiotic celebrities who try and trademark the names of their fucking children.

Egotistical BS that doesn't impress me.

But then, I loathe marketing with a passion. It's a bunch of fake ass BS. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
While I may agree on some of the douchebags doing it, it is unfortunately a necessity in order to prevent people from abusing the names or terms. And it is about the only way. It doesn't matter if it is a name of a person or a brand name.