The Rise: The Official Stedman Bailey Junior Highlights Film

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Re: The Rise: The Official Stedman Bailey Junior Highlights

X said:
lockdnram21 said:
You dont have to agree thats y its my opinion. I hope im wrong but thats how I feel.
It's reasonable to think that way - to be skeptical and all. And it would be premature to think that Stedman will come out and light it up immediately this year. Most receivers take at least a year to get acclimated with the speed and level of competition in the NFL. Now, that said, even if he only turns out to be "average", that's a step up from what we've had around here for a while.

And even so. You don't think he has the potential to be better than Brandon Gibson at least?

yea he has the potential to be better then gibbson. but I dont see him being better then quick or givens.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

lockdnram21 said:
X said:
lockdnram21 said:
You dont have to agree thats y its my opinion. I hope im wrong but thats how I feel.
It's reasonable to think that way - to be skeptical and all. And it would be premature to think that Stedman will come out and light it up immediately this year. Most receivers take at least a year to get acclimated with the speed and level of competition in the NFL. Now, that said, even if he only turns out to be "average", that's a step up from what we've had around here for a while.

And even so. You don't think he has the potential to be better than Brandon Gibson at least?

yea he has the potential to be better then gibbson. but I dont see him being better then quick or givens.
Different types of receivers. He can be better than Quick, but not as tall. And he can be better than Givens, but not as fast. Where he fits in remains to be seen, but if he continues to catch everything that's thrown at him, and maintains his propensity to find the endzone, then he's going to be very successful on this team and in this league.

lockdnram21

Legend

I think quick is going to be ready this year, and with that I dont think bailey will see the field much except for 4 receiver sets.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

lockdnram21 said:
I think quick is going to be ready this year, and with that I dont think bailey will see the field much except for 4 receiver sets.
Certainly possible. All of a sudden the Rams find themselves with a surplus of *potentially* good receivers.
It's a good problem to have.

Ebonemalone

Rookie

So did he not have a senior year? Sorry I don't know

I would say he is "deceptively fast".

Honestly when he runs it looks like he's gliding at 80%, like a kinda fast jog. But at the same time it looks like he leaves people in the dust! So what do I know :p

A55VA6

Legend

Bailey and Givens will be the starters with Tavon in the slot. Quick will come in as a role player or when a player needs a breather. I doubt he beats out Stedman...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

A55VA6 said:
Bailey and Givens will be the starters with Tavon in the slot. Quick will come in as a role player or when a player needs a breather. I doubt he beats out Stedman...

I don't know if I'd go that far just yet.

Quick has a season up on the offense and while I hope for the best for Bailey I just don't see him beating out Quick as a rookie.

lockdnram21

Legend

A55VA6 said:

I think it will be the other way around. Fisher and snead already said quick is there guy. Stedman will be the role player. Like I said before bailey gets to much love. Imo baileys college play want transfer to nfl. Quick will get more oppertunities and I think he will succeed. Imo quick will benefit the most from tavon.

A55VA6

Legend

CGI_Ram said:
A55VA6 said:

Quick has a season up on the offense and while I hope for the best for Bailey I just don't see him beating out Quick as a rookie.
I just don't believe Quick is going to be the guy everyone wants him to be. I hope he will succeed, but I don't think he'll be that Vincent Jackson type guy.

A55VA6

Legend

lockdnram21 said:
A55VA6 said:

I think it will be the other way around. Fisher and snead already said quick is there guy. Stedman will be the role player. Like I said before bailey gets to much love. Imo baileys college play want transfer to nfl. Quick will get more oppertunities and I think he will succeed. Imo quick will benefit the most from tavon.
Bailey doesn't get enough love to be honest. Just wait and see...

lockdnram21

Legend

A55VA6 said:
CGI_Ram said:
A55VA6 said:

I just don't believe Quick is going to be the guy everyone wants him to be. I hope he will succeed, but I don't think he'll be that Vincent Jackson type guy.

I feel the same way about bailey. Fisher and snead chose to bring quick along slowly because they knew it would take a little longer because quick never had a wr coach and ran a limited route tree. He flashed his potential last year. With a offseason and having the playbook already he should be fine. Quick and bradford just need to get there timing together. Some of those passes were bradford fault.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Quick and Bailey have completely different skill sets. It's more likely to be about match-ups. Also, I think Quick will be more of a redzone type receiver where Stedman will be a guy who moves the chains - ala DA. Bailey is a very smooth runner. I certainly wouldn't call him slow. By what Snead and Fish have said, he is well coached, he is smart, he loves to study the game, and is game fast. The guy also has very good route running skills and great hands. I like his chances. I'm not anointing him an instant starter but I think he is going to be the real deal when the dust settles.

I like our stable of receivers. And I think they all can and will earn a fair amount of PT.

A55VA6

Legend

RamFan503 said:
Quick and Bailey have completely different skill sets. It's more likely to be about match-ups. Also, I think Quick will be more of a redzone type receiver where Stedman will be a guy who moves the chains - ala DA. Bailey is a very smooth runner. I certainly wouldn't call him slow. By what Snead and Fish have said, he is well coached, he is smart, he loves to study the game, and is game fast. The guy also has very good route running skills and great hands. I like his chances. I'm not anointing him an instant starter but I think he is going to be the real deal when the dust settles.

I like our stable of receivers. And I think they all can and will earn a fair amount of PT.
I agree with this. I could see some Quick being a threat in the endzone. His size and strength will really help near the goal line.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

I believe it will be a chess match between quick and Bailey. All about whose a,better mismatch against tgr opposing defensive scheme

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Rabid Ram said:
I believe it will be a chess match between quick and Bailey. All about whose a,better mismatch against tgr opposing defensive scheme

That's where my money's playin'

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

Quick has all the physical tools to be an elite WR. If the light bulb turns on in his head WATCH OUT. Bailey is talented and will find ways to get open. It's gonna be a great WR battle in training camp.

lockdnram21

Legend

I doubt it but will see. I think quick will emerge as the #1 receiver. Bailey at best will move a head of pettis

A55VA6

Legend

I'm just looking for matchups. And honestly, I don't care who steps up.. I just want someone, or more than 1 to step up and make huge plays.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

The things that separate Bailey from everyone else are his hands (which are as good as Pettis') and his impressive route running. He truly does know how to run routes, and he does a lot of the little things right, which is especially impressive for a young player. The fact that he's reaching out to one of the best route-runners of our time in Torry Holt speaks volumes as well.

I don't expect him to wrest the starting job from Quick, who has more experience in this offense. There's going to be a learning period for both Bailey and Austin, and there's going to be some mistakes made, as there is with almost all rookies and young players. But I suspect that there will be just as many exciting and explosive plays to watch on this offense, on this team, and I fully expect that there will be contributions from both (or more, depending on if Helmick, Blake, or Akins can get a job on this team) of our rookie receivers when it's all said and done.