The Real Reason the Rams Traded Ernest Jones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamInferno

UDFA
This is the real reason the Rams traded Ernest Jones. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors. Don't listen to Whitworth (he basically just copied and pasted my post from here to Twitter anyways).

Inside the Rams' War Room:

Scene: A dimly lit conference room at the Rams' headquarters. Les Snead and Sean McVay sit at the head of the table. Around them, team executives and coaching staff murmur nervously, exchanging glances as they realize the old "Eff Them Picks" strategy might be losing its edge.

Les Snead: (rubbing his temples) "Alright, folks. We’ve traded away first-rounders like they were going out of style, and it got us a Super Bowl. But the league has caught on to our 'Eff Them Picks' strategy. We need something fresh, something bold... something they’ll never see coming. Any ideas?"

The room falls silent, everyone deep in thought. A few coughs are heard. Someone drops a pen. The tension is thick.

Sean McVay: (leaning forward, eyes narrowing) "Come on, people. We’re the Rams. We don’t just follow trends; we set them. What’s the next big move? How do we stay ahead of the curve?"

More silence. Some nervous shuffling. Then, from the back of the room, a low-level intern, barely out of college, hesitantly raises a hand.

Intern: (timidly) "Uh... what about... 'Eff Them Players'?"

All heads turn toward the intern. A few gasps. The room goes eerily quiet.

Les Snead: (arching an eyebrow) "Go on..."

Intern: (gaining confidence) "Well, if 'Eff Them Picks' got us a Lombardi Trophy, maybe the next step is... you know, trading away players before anyone expects it. Trade 'em while they're at the top of their game and still on cheap contracts. You have to admit, no one would see it coming. We trade our best guys for... well, whatever we can get, and throw everyone off balance. It’s like... extreme roster churn. Keep 'em guessing, right?"

The room erupts in murmurs. Some nod, others look horrified. McVay rubs his chin, deep in thought.

Sean McVay: (slowly) "You know... it’s so crazy... it just might work."

Les Snead: (a sly grin forming) "Imagine the headlines: 'Rams Trade Franchise Record-Holding ILB for a 5th Rounder.' The other 31 teams will never see it coming. They’ll be too busy trying to figure out what the hell we’re up to."

Les then turns to an assistant sitting nearby, still wearing a stunned expression.

Les Snead: "Get Tennessee on the line."

The intern smiles awkwardly as the room bursts into applause. Les Snead stands up, clapping the intern on the back.

Les Snead: "Congratulations, kid. You just earned yourself a promotion."

The scene ends with Snead and McVay exchanging a knowing look. The legend of 'Eff Them Players' is born.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
You have to play the hand dealt.

mel gibson poker GIF

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I needed that laugh.

I'll miss Ernest Jones...but I'm all on the Omar Speights train next.

In before the next "Eff Them Players" is Alaric Jackson.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Titans GM: “We are interested. We will give you a 3rd round pick for him”.

Les: “No deal. That would actually make sense. We need to keep the league guessing and look like we know something they dont. Lets just swap late round picks”.

Titans GM: “…ok… but even if you let him walk as a free agent, your compensatory pick is worth more…”

Les: “Are you in or do I need to call Indianapolis?”

Titans GM: “Ok, ok, we will give you a 5th for Jones and a 6th.”

Les: “Now we are talking. Lets get this inked before I sober up.”

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
...i before e except after c or when sounded like a as in neighbor and weigh...

going with spates

(unless it's german, then it's spites)