FEATURE The Rams Need to Write the Final Chapter of Tom Brady’s Story… Again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

House Thread

ROD House Thread
ROD FEATURE
The Rams Need to Write the Final Chapter of Tom Brady’s Story… Again
By AvengerRam, @AvengerRam
May 10, 2022

On February 3, 2002, the Rams were supposed to make history.

Before them was an opportunity to win a second title in three years, and to cap off one of the most dominant seasons in league history.

Instead, a young upstart named Tom Brady helped the New England Patriots change the script and begin an unmatched dynasty and a career that earned Brady the title of “G.O.A.T.” (Greatest of All Time).

Twenty years later, it looked like the Rams had returned the favor by preventing Brady from achieving the storybook ending he sought and sending him home in defeat. This ending just seemed right, at least from the perspective of Rams’ fans and the many NFL fans who perceive Brady as a bit too arrogant, a bit shady, or just plain unlikeable.

It really was, in many ways, the perfect flipping of the script. The calm, cool and confident Brady had his lipped bloodied and, adding insult to injury, was flagged for his aggressive messaging to the officials his belief that “they can’t do that to ME!!!”

Even more poetic was the parallel between the ending of Super Bowl 36 and the Rams’ defeat of Brady and the Bucs. In 2002, the Rams erased as 17-3 deficit, only to see Brady march his team into field goal range in under two minutes. In 2022, the Rams fumbled away a huge lead, leading to a tie game with under two minutes to play. This time, however, it was Matthew Stafford who found a way to get his team into range for a walk-off field goal.

Unfortunately, Brady had us all fooled. After a short “retirement,” he announced he was returning. By all indications, it was never a serious plan to leave the game. Rather, it seems that Brady was engaged in a power struggle that resulted in the removal of Head Coach Bruce Arians, who had dared to challenge Brady when his play was less than stellar.

Now, we have an announcement that Brady has already been hired as a FOX Sports commentator with a promise of an unprecedented salary whenever he decides to hang it up for good. Brady, upon the breaking of this story, announced that he’s looking forward to his broadcasting career, but first must attend to “unfinished business” on the field.

Ah, yes… that old Brady arrogance. The idea that he’s in control of everything, and that he can just will his way to the perfect “riding off into the sunset” finish.

Not surprisingly, the national media has eaten up this story. I mean... its a great narrative from a dramatic standpoint. From a football/analytical standpoint, on the other hand, one can certainly question the logic behind jumping on Brady's bandwaggon. After all, the Rams have faced Brady's Bucs three times over the past two seasons, and bested them in each instance.

And so, the Rams have a job to do. For the sake of humility. For the sake of those who believe that Brady has crossed from “hero” status to an over-the-top deification. For the sake of the 2001 GSOT team that had history stolen by a QB who won the MVP with 145 yards passing… the Rams need to end Brady’s run, once and for all.

Again.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
How about a Nick Scott karate chop to the larynx to shut him up permanently, voiding his Fox analyst job ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It felt sooo good watching Brady walk off losing at the hand of the Rams.

Because... I swear there was some crazy otherworldly intervention going on for them to claw back. The fumbles, etc. Hell Stafford almost fumbled early in that comeback drive.

Weird shit.

It sure looks like we could get another shot to knock him out.

Good read, Avenger.

dang

Legend
The NFL keeps shoving this shit down our throats. The $$ is insult to injury for an unproven analyst. Is there really a huge audience for this?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
It felt sooo good watching Brady walk off losing at the hand of the Rams.

Because... I swear there was some crazy otherworldly intervention going on for them to claw back. The fumbles, etc. Hell Stafford almost fumbled early in that comeback drive.

Weird shit.

It sure looks like we could get another shot to knock him out.

Good read, Avenger.
I would be willing to bet money they started giving us greased footballs.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Should be interesting, everyone on Fox is already trying to convince us how great this is going to be. He’s done that Man in the Arena and Tom vs Time and those Jim Gray interviews, but Brady had control over all those, Jim Gray was feeding Brady softballs every week. This is live and spontaneous and have we ever heard Brady be critical ? He’s mister PC, full of coach speak, jock speak, whatever you want to call it. Fox is betting that he’s the next Aikman or Romo maybe, but I don’t know there’s a lot of guys who really don’t want to see his smiling mug talking about their favorite team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should be interesting, everyone on Fox is already trying to convince us how great this is going to be.
Agreed. Changing a head coach is a big deal. I respect Bowles and have for years but Arians is a tough act to follow. Good chance there's some dropoff.

I think the Bucs best chance is a lights out defense and Brady doing his thing with low mistakes and taking advantage of situations as they come. So not going to rule them out but I like our chances very much.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thought of having to deal with Brady in the booth for years to come is nauseating.

Brady, such the attention whore.

Edit: Nice read AvengerRam!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
This is gonna be great! The rams will beat tompa Bay for the fifth consecutive time, once again sending the greatest cheater of all time into retirement. Only this time, he will be contractually forced to cover every second of the rams back to back superbowl victories because his duties with fox begin the day after his season/career ends next January, and because fox is broadcasting the superbowl weeks later.

I am going to happily watch every second of the 48 hour pregame because I will know that behind every fake smile and transparent attempt to convince the world he's in a good place, the reality will be that he is doing all he can to hold it together emotionally and could break down at any moment.

As a rams fan, I have to say it will be a gratifying and appropriate twist having his storybook ending stomped on by the rams for a second, and final, time.

From what we know about Brady, these 2 season enders to finish his career will eat at him for a long long time.

Some people stupidly claim that football fans hate Tom and the Patriots because they've won so much. Of course that's ridiculous. Americans love winners. Cheaters, not so much. And thats why people hate the patriots; not because they've won, but because of how they won.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Hoping to go this year to that game. I am hopeful we'll get to face Brady as well and see him take a dive when Donald or Jones gets up in his grill. Have a suspicion he may be injured as father time is undefeated. Just ask LeBron.