The Rams Need to Get A "Go To" WR More Than Any Other Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We still don't know anything more than the usual internet GMs - OK? You don't KNOW that Sammy is even special by NFL standards. Also, are you going to say that no LTs have started as RTs or Guards? Let's not get too high and mighty over our opinions - ok? Either that or post that picture you have of Snisher's draft board.

Process of elimination...

-Fisher has a history of not picking OL'man high.
-We want to trade out of #2... no Clowney.
-We have starting LT's but need depth (Ala trade down picks.
-Watkins posted himself in a Rams uni after we vetted him... make it what you want

Watkins makes the most sense unless trades back too far. In that case we keep trading back and stock pile a BUNCH of second round picks. I say we draft Watkins.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If this was Long's last year, I could see it... but this is his 2nd year on the Rams, and the coach who has a history of NOT drafting linemen high, and the GM who has a history of stockpiling receivers are going to use a top 10 pick on his eventual replacement? And let most of that value go to waste for at least a year (probably more) playing another position that we could have drafted someone much lower to play?

I don't see it.

If they go that route, I'll admit you were right and I'll hope for the best, but it seems like a transparently bad plan to me.
Nah... Not even saying that. But he might. Long is coming off another injury. Our RT looks promising but..... Do you REALLY want to put that low of a value on our QB's blind side? I don't. But I also don't claim to know what Fisher sees/knows in reality. If Long is out for the first part of the season - then how valuable is a LT or RT so that Barks can swing over? I also don't think any of us have EVER heard Fish discount the idea of taking an O-lineman in the first. Has he ever been put in that position? I don't think he has.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Nah... Not even saying that. But he might. Long is coming off another injury. Our RT looks promising but..... Do you REALLY want to put that low of a value on our QB's blind side? I don't. But I also don't claim to know what Fisher sees/knows in reality. If Long is out for the first part of the season - then how valuable is a LT or RT so that Barks can swing over? I also don't think any of us have EVER heard Fish discount the idea of taking an O-lineman in the first. Has he ever been put in that position? I don't think he has.
I admit I'm not 100% confident in Long's health, but a top ten pick is too much to invest in a "just in case, and out of position until then" scenario. You need to spend that pick on someone who will be performing their intended job right away (at least hopefully).

There should be good "backup plan" tackles to draft later. And I think Fisher/Snead know that if they were to pick a top 10 tackle, they'd be sending the message of admitting the Long signing was a major mistake.

Unfortunately, neither of us (or any of the rest of us in this most epic battle since the video of "Love Is A Battlefield") will get any satisfaction until May... unless the Combine changes minds positively or negatively about these guys.

jjab360

Legend

-Watkins posted himself in a Rams uni after we vetted him... make it what you want

Watkins makes the most sense unless trades back too far. In that case we keep trading back and stock pile a BUNCH of second round picks. I say we draft Watkins.
And posted himself in a Browns uniform almost immediately after.:rolleyes:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

That's fine. And maybe we do what you suggest. But we are all merely posting our assumptions and opinions. It makes the most sense to YOU. But others don't see the guarantee at LT. Nor the depth to swing your RT to LT and have either position secured. Those are huge positions for our offense. Some might say more important than a 6'1" 200 lb receiver that has had drop issues.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's fine. And maybe we do what you suggest. But we are all merely posting our assumptions and opinions. It makes the most sense to YOU. But others don't see the guarantee at LT. Nor the depth to swing your RT to LT and have either position secured. Those are huge positions for our offense. Some might say more important than a 6'1" 200 lb receiver that has had drop issues.

Yeah... but my opinion is awesome so there... ;)

I try to kill all the buzz that I don't support because I feel I'm fighting the good fight. Gives me a sense of security in a weird way, lol.

Plus I just love to debate in general. Competition brings out the best in all of us.

jjab360

Legend
So did he send out 32 tweets? If so - Smart kid.
I don't follow Sammy Watkins' social media, but I wouldn't be surprised. He probably just posted whatever pictures fans tweeted him, he's just happy to be going to the NFL, the uniform doesn't really matter, imo.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
So did he send out 32 tweets? If so - Smart kid.
And if he put out a tweet with him in a Redskins uniform and the caption "Ha ha, just kidding.", he is obviously the most awesome draft choice EVAR and we MUST pick him. ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah... but my opinion is awesome so there... ;)

I try to kill all the buzz that I don't support because I feel I'm fighting the good fight. Gives me a sense of security in a weird way, lol.

Plus I just love to debate in general. Competition brings out the best in all of us.
Works for me. Too bad you're wrong. :D:p

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.... no you didn't, hooker. Lol :D

I can't handle that. It gets people kicked off Seahawk forums... *slyly looks around the room*
Just because you can't afford me.... Oh WAIT!

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.... no you didn't, hooker. Lol :D

I can't handle that. It gets people kicked off Seahawk forums... *slyly looks around the room*
tj_hooker-show_7555.jpg