The Rams may have gotten even more than they thought in Peters and Talib

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gonna go easy on the kool-aid right now when it comes to both our CB additions. Talib is long in the tooth so let's see how he plays this season and next before we put the cart ahead of the horse. Same with Peters, who has a tendency to wear out his welcome and we're currently in the honeymoon stage where everything's rainbows and unicorns. Investing big in Peters will be extremely risky at this point, far better to see how he sustains his locker room presence over the next couple seasons and go from there.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
He may have slowed a bit but his experience and savy allows him to overcome that. Just watch him when you come to camp. He was lined up against Woods and the both of them put on a clinic for their respected positions. Woods winning some, Talib winning others.

It's a thing of beauty and to think we have Peters across the field locking down that side!

Can't wait!
Talib has slowed down. I'm worried speed wideouts will beat him deep. Rams have to get constant pressure up front on QB's so they don't have time to take 7 step drops and let long plays develop.
The coverage will adjust as needed. Rams have the luxury of using Talib as the second corner against teams with speed guys. Peters will cover the fastest receiver.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Peters will definitely benefit further from Talib's presence. Hoping he's also taking consideration of teaching Hill and Peterson as well. Lock Angeles will be in full swing if that's the case.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That article felt like it was on a loop.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Totally agree. Woods is criminally underrated. I think after this season the Rams receiving core will be considered one of the absolute best in the NFL.
I just re-saw that Atlanta game: Woods was great. That hookup right before half on the 50yarders was amazing. Atlanta had 2 very good corners. I do think the Vikings corners can handle us....but that is about it. I don't like our matchup with the Vikings---and the 2017 shows us that in spades. BEsides that, we can beat anybody, and WOods and Cooks will be a big part of that. I wonder if Kupp levels off.