THE RAMS ARE A SUPERBOWL CONTENDER...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a Rams fan for 15 years. I didn't have a team until I heard Nick Foles signed with the Chiefs, the last STL QB. I thought he'd become the starter. So I figured if I was going to watching the Chiefs I may as well become a fan.

Later that year I went to a game where he started and watched him beat JAX. Alex Smith turned out to be the better player however. I've been a fan ever since.
team sucked, changed allegiance, claimed fandom for a winning team.
Yup, that’s a bandwagon fan.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I was a Rams fan for 15 years. I didn't have a team until I heard Nick Foles signed with the Chiefs, the last STL QB. I thought he'd become the starter. So I figured if I was going to watching the Chiefs I may as well become a fan.

Later that year I went to a game where he started and watched him beat JAX. Alex Smith turned out to be the better player however. I've been a fan ever since.
There is so much wrong with that. I can not say "I have no words".
I do, it would just take awhile.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Guys, let's be reasonable. A lot of St. Louis fans felt betrayed when they left. I didn't, but a lot of people did. They followed the Chiefs, the Packers, the Broncos (in my brother's case), and other teams when the Rams left.

I don't blame @SuperMan28 for changing his allegiance when many people did - considering the history St. Louis has with the NFL. The Rams were the second team we had; the Cardinals were the first. Two teams leaving takes a lot out of people.

Again, I am a Rams fan. I grew up a Rams fan, I've remained a Rams fan, I will die and be cremated as a Rams fan. But I do not blame people for jumping ship and not being fans when the teams leave. Trust is a human thing, and a lot of St. Louisans (again, not me because I support the team over the location) got that fractured not once, but twice.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Guys, let's be reasonable. A lot of St. Louis fans felt betrayed when they left. I didn't, but a lot of people did. They followed the Chiefs, the Packers, the Broncos (in my brother's case), and other teams when the Rams left.

I don't blame @SuperMan28 for changing his allegiance when many people did - considering the history St. Louis has with the NFL. The Rams were the second team we had; the Cardinals were the first. Two teams leaving takes a lot out of people.

Again, I am a Rams fan. I grew up a Rams fan, I've remained a Rams fan, I will die and be cremated as a Rams fan. But I do not blame people for jumping ship and not being fans when the teams leave. Trust is a human thing, and a lot of St. Louisans (again, not me because I support the team over the location) got that fractured not once, but twice.
A little flak ain't gonna kill him. He'll get through this with all those KC wins behind him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A little flak ain't gonna kill him. He'll get through this with all those KC wins behind him.
True. I'm just stating my perspective and an outsider's perspective to a lot of L.A. Rams fans. I've seen it from so many people in my family, from the people I see on the streets where I wear my cousin's old St. Louis Rams hat (that I've had since he passed when I was a teenager, may Cousin Irv rest in peace and paradise). They all say, "Why are you still following the Rams? They left us."

St. Louis is a good sports town that is slow to heal when they are hurt and has had people threatening - and oftentimes succeeding - to move our teams out of our area (with the lone exception that has never happened - and I pray never happens - is the baseball Cardinals).

I am a proud L.A. Rams fan because I grew up as one when they were in St. Louis, because I followed them since 1999, the very first football season I could remember as a nine-year-old kid, the very first game (the Saints' game) I went to as a kid, because I watched highlights of Deacon, Merlin, Youngblood, Crazy Legs, even Night Train Lane, as much history as I could get into because I did that with all of my sports teams.

I am not ashamed of my St. Louis background, far from it. I respect the traditions of the Los Angeles Rams because they are an intricate part of my memories growing up, memories so intertwined that you could not sever it from my heart with a million swords.

But I know that I'm not everyone. Not everyone sticks with teams, and that's okay because it comes from a place of hurt. I didn't care because I would follow my teams to the depths of hell, if they wanted me to do it; that's my loyalty to the things I love. But not everyone is like that.

Not trying to make this an LA/St. Louis bashing thing, so please don't. I'm just trying to share my perspective on things.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Like last year a legit playoff contender. But I don't see a Superbowl contender. You gotta have a good enough defense. Ours is not there yet. With all that youth its gonna take a year or two. The 2021 Rams defense stepped up in the postseason. They had experienced vets. We don't have that.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For us to be a legit contender we need a DT to emerge (alongside Fiske & Turner) so our front can handle the run in that tough playoff game where the offense gets checked. Can Brown do that? Doubt it but who knows.

We need more consistency in the secondary. It has been improving so this is possible, which I was more negative on a few weeks prior. Durant has been playing better and Williams return has been huge.

And we need health across the board. Good run of health and getting players back is crucial.

I think it is possible. Not likely but ruling us out would be a mistake. A run of good health alone makes us dangerous.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Fine, I will concede I'm a Nick Foles bandwagon fan.
tombstone-movie.gif

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think it's a little early to declare the Rams as a Super bowl contender right now. It looks like the NFC West will have one playoff team, whoever wins the division.

However, if the Rams beat the Shehawks in the next game, we'll be either in 1st or 2nd place in the NFC west with the dolphins and patriots up next. Both winnable games, IMO.

But I feel a whole lot more optimistic today than I did about 17 days ago.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
Our team is better than what the numbers show. They are inflated by the outragous AZ game. I see a changed team. One that is battling to get better by the week. Ive noticed Verse and Fiske are trying to be patient with thier spots. I like the rotation of players to keep them not tired, and get some snaps for others.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

I have more sympathy for St. Louis losing their Cardinals. I have less for them losing the Rams; they knew full well the Rams had been ripped away from their fans in L.A.

sloramfan

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah minn was a SB contender before their 2 losses...

detroit is a SB contender but barely beat a depleted rams team...

green bay... ditto

and you ram fans sell the rams short....????

we are in the mix, especially after last nights win...

go rams

i believe in you... i don't care what the glass half full crew thinks...

go rams

slo

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
We picked a good year to get off to a bad start. I think the thread is a tad optimistic but I will take that over the doom sayers. We should be worried about Seattle who are better than we give them credit but, if we continue to improve the way we have, we should give them plenty of problems

It’s fascinating to see two rookie undrafted free agents looking like the most likely players to turn our defensive fortunes around! With another at LG transforming our OL. We are building through youth, which I love watching, but do we need to add solid vets at ILB and DT? TE?

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Let's not kid ourselves. The oline is going to be much better when avila and Jackson come back from injury.

That's when kwill is really going to eat. And maybe corum as well.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It is about health for the Rams. If healthy the offense applies pressure in scoring and the defense applies the pass rush heat. That is how this year's team is built and we saw it working last night.
But up until Thursday, when healthy, they applied pressure but had inconsistent red zone results. They looked great in the red zone Thursday which was nice.

Detroit 2 of 5 (20 pts total)
Arizona 1 of 3 (10 pts total)
San Fran 3 of 5 (27 pts total)
Chicago 1 of 4 (18 pts total)

Total 7 of 17

Green Bay 2 of 3 (19 pts total)
Raiders 2 of 3 (20 pts total)

Total 11 of 23

Vikings 3 of 3 (27 pts total)

Total 14 of 26

But they're getting better....7 of their last 9. Keep that shit up and their point totals will rise. And getting there more often than 3 times a game will also help.

FWIW, our defense has allowed 13 of 24 in the red zone.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
I’m going to:

1) pray for health.
2) Hope we get Avila, JJax, Whitt, Higbee and JJohnson soon.
3) Have faith they will keep tinkering with ILB (maybe add another player).
4) Sit back and enjoy watching the Rams be competitive for the rest of the year.

Go Rams!! Thanks McSnead for always adjusting to the situation in front of you.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But up until Thursday, when healthy, they applied pressure but had inconsistent red zone results. They looked great in the red zone Thursday which was nice.

Detroit 2 of 5 (20 pts total)
Arizona 1 of 3 (10 pts total)
San Fran 3 of 5 (27 pts total)
Chicago 1 of 4 (18 pts total)

Total 7 of 17

Green Bay 2 of 3 (19 pts total)
Raiders 2 of 3 (20 pts total)

Total 11 of 23

Vikings 3 of 3 (27 pts total)

Total 14 of 26

But they're getting better....7 of their last 9. Keep that shit up and their point totals will rise. And getting there more often than 3 times a game will also help.

FWIW, our defense has allowed 13 of 24 in the red zone.
We were not healthy without Kupp or Nacua. They allow the offense to apply the heat and the overall design to function. This defense is built to tee off on teams passing the ball. That requires scoring by the offense.