THE RAMS ARE A SUPERBOWL CONTENDER...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sloramfan

Starter
CASE IN POINT..

we lose 4 of 5 games...

all except one... by one score...

with a completely decimated o-line

against supposed nfc super teams (detroit)...

and come to think of it... all except one of our losses were one score losses that could have been won...

enter kupp and nacua...

and a minnesota team that is a media darling...

on national tv...

UH OH !!!!!

what happened???

yikes those damn rams ... WON??????

go rams

slo

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Agreed. This time could easily be 6-1 despite missing half its starters on offence, having a young and inexperienced defence, arguably the worst ILBs in football, some questionable play calling in the end zone and the refs apparently against us every week.

If things return to normal, we are definitely in contention.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
It was an excellent upset no doubt. However Super Bowl contenders generally play a high level of complimentary football.

I did a quick Google search of the Rams defensive ranking and this is what I came up with. Is there hidden bright spots these stats don't shed light on? An example of this would be impact players returning from injury or even a rookie stud primed to break out as the season progresses.
20241025_043022.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was an excellent upset no doubt. However Super Bowl contenders generally play a high level of complimentary football.
Well I can see how a bandwagon fan like yourself would see things that way, however knowledgeable football fans wouldn’t pass judgement off of just 6 games.
Especially when that same defense just held the #6 offense to 8 points below their scoring average (and only allowed 6 points in final 3Q) while also holding them to 70 yards less of total yardage.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Dont ever under-estimate these guys. When you got McVay, Stafford, Kupp, Puka, etc etc etc.

Heart of a champion!!

Taking some cues from the LA DOGERS. Which by the way LETS GO DODGERS!!!!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It is about health for the Rams. If healthy the offense applies pressure in scoring and the defense applies the pass rush heat. That is how this year's team is built and we saw it working last night.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Quite a long post for you, @sloramfan !! lol.
Love your posts tho, lots to get excited about as the team gets healthier, and maybe adds a LB??

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Well I can see how a bandwagon fan like yourself would see things that way, however knowledgeable football fans wouldn’t pass judgement off of just 6 games.
Especially when that same defense just held the #6 offense to 8 points below their scoring average (and only allowed 6 points in final 3Q) while also holding them to 70 yards less of total yardage.

The NFC is pretty wide open. If the Rams can stay healthy it's pretty much up for grabs. The current top team in the NFC last their best player.

How am I a bandwagon fan exactly?

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
Good Health and good play calling the rest of the way and we are right there. any word on how sore is Puka and Kupp and Williams ankle injury? 10 days should help, like a second bye week. go rams.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
We all agreed at the beginning of the season that our success hinges on two things. Health and the Defense. We knew a healthy offense would score a sufficient amount of points this season, and we knew the defense would be a liability at times this season. Well, both things have happened, injuries on both sides, and a young defense looking like a young defense.
Do I think we're a super bowl contender this year? No, only simply because we don't have the the experience on the defensive side of the ball and we have some serious holes. I would however consider us a playoff team, whether we get to the NFC championship game or a wildcard is irrelevant. I just don't think we have the tools this year to make that push against playoff teams. JMHO

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
The NFC is pretty wide open. If the Rams can stay healthy it's pretty much up for grabs. The current top team in the NFC last their best player.

What player on the top NFC team lost their best player ?
Detroit has the best record.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I did a quick Google search of the Rams defensive ranking and this is what I came up with. Is there hidden bright spots these stats don't shed light on? An example of this would be impact players returning from injury or even a rookie stud primed to break out as the season progresses. View attachment 68143

The argument there would be that the defense is incredibly young and should improve over the course of the season.

Whether that actually happens, we'll see.

What we do know is that the Vikings are one of the best offenses in the NFL, and the Rams defense played incredibly well against them, one week after playing well against a bad Raiders offense (decent defenses keep bad offenses looking bad).

Am I confident that is a sign of permanent improvement? No, I think it's going to be up and down most of the season.

But certainly some signs of progress the last two games.

tempests

Hall of Fame

I did a quick Google search of the Rams defensive ranking and this is what I came up with. Is there hidden bright spots these stats don't shed light on? An example of this would be impact players returning from injury or even a rookie stud primed to break out as the season progresses. View attachment 68143
It's a very young defense with a first year defensive coordinator. They're still finding their legs.

And Jared Verse is that rookie stud who is breaking out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rams fan during GSOT, then bail on them to become a Chief fan. You probably have some Patriots gear stowed away in the closet.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Rams fan during GSOT, then bail on them to become a Chief fan. You probably have some Patriots gear stowed away in the closet.
I was a Rams fan for 15 years. I didn't have a team until I heard Nick Foles signed with the Chiefs, the last STL QB. I thought he'd become the starter. So I figured if I was going to watching the Chiefs I may as well become a fan.

Later that year I went to a game where he started and watched him beat JAX. Alex Smith turned out to be the better player however. I've been a fan ever since.