The official vent thread; Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Fisher will coach at least until his contract is up, so there's still plenty of time with him. As for the coordinators, if we fire them we better have someone damn good to replace them, that's all I'm saying. With how talent deficient this team was, I don't hold them to the quick turnaround that other teams have.. Especially when they fall off the next year (Washington)... This was probably the worst team in history for the past few years, just consistently losing and having nothing of value on the team. It takes a while to restock talent.

I'm still confident, I wrote the season off when Bradford was rolling on the ground in Carolina. I just want to see youth get some time to develop, I like that Bailey is being involved more. Otherwise I'm apathetic at this point to where the season is going. Good news is Washington keeps dropping games, so it's always nice to see that.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
That's the thing. You didn't. What you expected is perfectly reasonable. The culture in St. Louis has been corrupted so much that it accepts failure.
Losing's not acceptable in the long term in STL! That's why there are a lot of unsold tickets for visiting team's fans. In this second decade of STL Rams teams, season tickets sles are at their lowest. Packages do well Not full season tickets. Obviously, the product has been lacking!

A55VA6

Legend
Fisher will coach at least until his contract is up, so there's still plenty of time with him. As for the coordinators, if we fire them we better have someone damn good to replace them, that's all I'm saying. With how talent deficient this team was, I don't hold them to the quick turnaround that other teams have.. Especially when they fall off the next year (Washington)... This was probably the worst team in history for the past few years, just consistently losing and having nothing of value on the team. It takes a while to restock talent.

I'm still confident, I wrote the season off when Bradford was rolling on the ground in Carolina. I just want to see youth get some time to develop, I like that Bailey is being involved more. Otherwise I'm apathetic at this point to where the season is going. Good news is Washington keeps dropping games, so it's always nice to see that.
I'd take anyone over Walton.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Same here.

I'd like to see more of the unknowns; Bailey, Quick, Pead

Hello Schotty!

V3

Hall of Fame
Losing's not acceptable in the long term in STL! That's why there are a lot of unsold tickets for visiting team's fans. In this second decade of STL Rams teams, season tickets sles are at their lowest. Packages do well Not full season tickets. Obviously, the product has been lacking!

I mean that people don't expect the Rams to win. The Rams weren't exactly doing that great, ticket-wise, at the beginning of the season. People are giving up on the franchise as a whole. I know A LOT of them. I can't say I blame them, either. This is seriously the lowest I've ever felt about the Rams.

RamzFanz

Damnit
How do you have Tayvon Austin, target him twice without any originality, and run him once late in the game?

The play calling was Schotty. Nothing but a stinking pile of Schott.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I don't know why people are mad at Snead. His job is to bring in the talent. I think he's done that.

What happens with the talent once it's in the coaching staffs hands is the problem.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Well, the Dline did pretty well against the run today. However, I think their lack of effectiveness against the pass has a lot to do with the secondary and how teams are game planning.

I agree with the lack of solid pressure theory. DB's can't even fart upwind from a receiver these days, so ya gotta be able to hit the QB, which helps your secondary, and avoid messing up his hair while doing it. I'm truly sick of the "defenseless receiver" bull-corn as well. He PUTS himself in that position. No guts, no glory.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's all on tape. Not much to be said. Loyalty to some of the players and coaches has to go. I can't blame Givens for not being a #1 WR, that's not in his skill set. Nor can I blame Williams for being a bad G, he was a bad T first.
As old and bad as this team was a couple years ago there was so many holes to fill some of these guys that were brought in just to fill holes with a slight chance to develop. They are just placeholders till real players can be drafted or signed. We're seeing some of that now. Some veterans are slipping as we watch.

The position coaches need to do a better job of putting the players in a position to succeed. The front office needs to spend the cap money in a more productive way. And the head coach needs to throw loyalty out the window when it comes to his players and coaches job performance.

But overall I'm still positive on the Rams future.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The averages for run against were not that good but it seemed like they were getting gashed for 6-12 yards every time they ran it and the only reason they didn't do more is no one could cover Fitz, 12 targets and 12 receptions sad. The second half should have been tight man coverage and sending 6 or 7 guys after Palmer every p

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Watching the Panther/Saints game and this happens:

DB covers receiver and wraps his arms around him completely before the ball get there, obvious PI. No flag ofc. What does the announcer(Cris Collinsworth) say? Oh, this is basically the playoffs for these guys, boys wlil be boys.

Who thinks the Rams get flagged for PI any game of this season for that? Such BS.

Im not blaming our loses on refs, but this crap pisses me off.

I said it earlier today. I'm stating to buy into the conspiracy theory in the NFL more these days. The chosen teams are pointed out to the officiating crews before the games and they are instructed to make calls against the other team every chance they can. In games where there is no clear favorite maybe they let them play but it seems there are plenty that go uncalled against Rams opponents or in other games that get multiple flags against the Rams.

Where was the roughing call on the sack of Clemens when Abrahams went helmet to helmet from behind?? A hell of a lot more obvious to me than the Brockers call a couple of weeks ago.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Well, we're knocked out of the playoffs...again. At this rate, Fisher's not going to be coaching here for long, and Snead's going to go with him. And we have a bunch of bone-headed dumbasses who can't pull their freaking heads out of their freaking asses and stop giving the freaking opponent free yardage with their freaking penalties. My freaking fate, the penalties.

At this point, I'm worried that this coaching staff and front office is yet another failure who can't turn this team around.

Fisher, Snead and Co. already have more wins in 1 season and 13 games than the previous regime had in 3 years. I'm willing to give them more time as I don't really think you can say what could have happened if Bradford didn't tear his ACL.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
A few thoughts I'd like to point out. I am reading a lot of criticism regarding Schotty. Keep in mind he is playing with a back up quarterback. I remember a lot of criticism with Denver's play calling with Tebow. The offensive cord came out and said he was limited due to having Tebow. Same case here, he could probably open up the offense more with Sam in.. A few glaring problems are:

1) Not enough QB pressure from our 4. Long and Quinn didn't make enough plays
2) We need help on the O-Line. Doesn't matter how good the QB is if he has no time and players aren't picking up their assignments.
3) Young.. We are just a young team that needs some leadership. We are one of the youngest teams, I look for next year to be different with 1 year of added experience.
4) Cook doesn't deserve his contract. We need less $ guaranteed and more $ based on performance..

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'm as frustrated as anyone else, and believe me, I don't like to see the Rams lose.

However, I think there are some teams who happen to "rebuild" quicker and have a good season or two and then collapse(see: Washington) or half ass a rebuild and have a mediocre team as a result(see:Indianapolis). Then there are other teams who take more time to rebuild(see:Seattle, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Carolina). The Seahawks were 14-18 in their first 2 seasons under Carroll while Carolina was 13-19. Another thing to take into consideration is that no team has won only 15 games over 5 seasons. What Fisher and Co. inherited was uncharted in NFL history.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I mean that people don't expect the Rams to win. The Rams weren't exactly doing that great, ticket-wise, at the beginning of the season. People are giving up on the franchise as a whole. I know A LOT of them. I can't say I blame them, either. This is seriously the lowest I've ever felt about the Rams.

I'll second that. Its now the decade anniversary of us missing the playoffs, and despite the new "experienced" regime, the result at the end of this season is the same. As much as I respect Fish, I believe it until I see it. I guess what's most frustrating is this is the most talented our team has been in a decade plus, yet I'm not sure how much closer we are to the playoffs this year than we were in 2005. What has this franchise been doing for the past decade?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Well, the Dline did pretty well against the run today. However, I think their lack of effectiveness against the pass has a lot to do with the secondary and how teams are game planning.

I'm sure they were holding extra men into block after seeing 2 WR sets tear through our zone like butter.

Should've never let go of Mikell, or Fletcher.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'll second that. Its now the decade anniversary of us missing the playoffs, and despite the new "experienced" regime, the result at the end of this season is the same. As much as I respect Fish, I believe it until I see it. I guess what's most frustrating is this is the most talented our team has been in a decade plus, yet I'm not sure how much closer we are to the playoffs this year than we were in 2005. What has this franchise been doing for the past decade?

Is it the most talented, though?

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm sure they were holding extra men into block after seeing 2 WR sets tear through our zone like butter.

Should've never let go of Mikell, or Fletcher.

I hated that they let go of Fletcher. I wasn't expecting Mikell to be this missed, though.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Our issue running today happened for 3 reasons imo:

1. OL was being outplayed. Although I didn't think the best 5 were our there. I wanted Long/Saffold/Barnes/Dahl/Barksdale (Williams weakened the line).
2. Cards didn't fear KC's arm or our WRing threats. As a result we saw plenty 8 man boxes. I blame Schotty for continuing to run into loaded boxes.
3. Know your opponent! AZ is stout in the middle w/Williams, Dockett, Campbell, Washington, Dansby. The best way to attack them in the run imo is on the edges. I wanted to see them try Benny more on outside runs today with his power and speed. Stacy did admirable all things considered

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'm as frustrated as anyone else, and believe me, I don't like to see the Rams lose.

However, I think there are some teams who happen to "rebuild" quicker and have a good season or two and then collapse(see: Washington) or half ass a rebuild and have a mediocre team as a result(see:Indianapolis). Then there are other teams who take more time to rebuild(see:Seattle, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Carolina). The Seahawks were 14-18 in their first 2 seasons under Carroll while Carolina was 13-19. Another thing to take into consideration is that no team has won only 15 games over 5 seasons. What Fisher and Co. inherited was uncharted in NFL history.

I can by into that theory. They really need to hit this years 1st rounder(s) out of the park. Imo a huge impact player next year could put us over the top (as far as playoffs). I'd love to see us turn a top 5 Skins pick into multiple picks this year or in future years. Imo Matthews &/or Evans could really help this offense improve next year