The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Lumber..........I take it you are a massive Iron Maiden Fan? Have you seen Steve Harris' guitar??

steve_harris_2005.jpg

Yes I've seen that before. They're the greatest band ever.

Our celebrity fans aren't quite as impressive as that. Jasper Carrott, UB40 (worst band ever) errrrmm..... that's about it

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We don't have any celebrity fans but then again our average gate is only 3,500. Still, the town the team is based in has a population of 5,000 (the stadium holds 7,000 and does fill up for derbies/big games) so we do ok!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ex- Barcelona head coach Tito Villanova has died aged 45 from cancer. Sad day for European football, he was a great guy by all accounts.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
Ex- Barcelona head coach Tito Villanova has died aged 45 from cancer. Sad day for European football, he was a great guy by all accounts.

45 is no age at all. Obviously knew he'd quit Barca because of his health but it still comes as a shock

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
As you lot have probably guessed from the avatar, I myself am a Middlesbrough Fan.
For the benefit of the American guys in this thread, we are otherwise known as the 'other' team in the north east (even though some would argue we have a better recent history than the other 2), but I won't get into that... ;)
Anyway, over the last few years we have been languishing in the second tier of English football, promotion is not happening this year. But we have high hopes for next year with our new(ish) manager having his first big transfer window to bring in new faces.
I had a season ticket for 11 years, but had to give it up 3 years ago when I went to University. I still go to as many matches as I can, but I work most Saturdays to it's not always possible. As such I look forward to finishing Uni so I can get my ticket back :D
Good to see there a few other fans on here, and that it would appear you aren't all glory hunters *cough* Man City, United and Chelsea fans *cough* :sneaky: Which is always good. Look forward to discussing the game here with you guys (y)

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I remember watching Middlesbrough in the uefa cup final a good few years ago. The were a good side at one point.

How are you all feeling about the premier league title race? I'm gagging for Liverpool to win it. I know they've spent big but not nearly as much as city/Chelsea have and the idea of a relative underdog coming from nowhere to win it is great. Plus, apart from arsenal they are the only big club with any English players.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I'm gagging for Liverpool to win it."

I couldn't think of anything worse than that lot winning the league. We'll never hear the last of it.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Sorry dude but it's the truth. Better than either of the other two IMO.

What happened to the hammers yesterday? They bust my coupon, I thought it would be a draw.

Good result for Middlesbrough too!

Didn't see the Birmingham result lumber, sorry for my ignorance haha!

And my team got a crucial win vs fellow relegation candidates moving from the relegation spot in 11th up to 9th. A good day for us!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll never forgive Liverpool for getting our teams banned from Europe just after West Ham had finished third in the league.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad your boys had a win though, never bet on West Ham will only let you down!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
It's been Leeds the last few seasons, anytime I don't bet on them they win 4-0, when I do they get utterly horsed.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I was actually at the UEFA cup final that time @ScotsRam . It was over in Eindhoven, Netherlands; shame about the result, but was a great experience nonetheless, 2006 it was.
Agree with you on the Premiership, although Liverpool look like they may have mucked it up today. I can't see City losing again now that they have Aguero and Yaya back healthy. I would like to see them win it, just for Gerrard's sake if nothing else. it would be a real shame for him to retire having not won the league.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
Sorry dude but it's the truth. Better than either of the other two IMO.

What happened to the hammers yesterday? They bust my coupon, I thought it would be a draw.

Good result for Middlesbrough too!

Didn't see the Birmingham result lumber, sorry for my ignorance haha!

And my team got a crucial win vs fellow relegation candidates moving from the relegation spot in 11th up to 9th. A good day for us!

We lost 3-1 at home to Leeds. We haven't won at home since October. If I'd renewed my season ticket (I didn't cus my second daughter came along and spoiled everything), I would've paid £250 per home win so far (two in total). We've dropped into the bottom 3 but with a game in hand on Tuesday against Wigan. Its at home. I'm not holding out hope.

Then away to Bolton last game of the season next weekend. Our away form was keeping us out of danger but that's gone to pot as well so I fear we'll be relying on others if we're going to avoid the drop.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forget about that flv, this is far more important..........."it's happened again, its happened again, Tottenham Hotspur, it's happened again"!

LumberTubs

Name
Phil

Well freak me, we don't make things easy for ourselves. I was convinced before the game we were down cus we don't do last day escapes.

A lot needs to happen now over the summer to avoid another flirtation with league one next year. But for the moment I'll enjoy this feeling

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Glad your boys are ok lumber. I made the trip to paisley yesterday (200 miles each way) to watch my team park the bus, waste time, dive about and lose 1-0. Not a happy man today. We are flirting with the relegation play-offs... 2 games to go.