The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Totally gutted. Unlucky USA. You still made it further than England, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Croatia and Italy amongst many others. Good effort.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Thanks haven't heard that one. Where does it come from?
It comes from back when trains had a guy shovelling coal into the coal pit. When he needed to take a shit he would do it on the shovel because the dust on the shovel meant it didn't stick. They would then fling it in the fire as quickly as possible. Thus, quick like the shit off the shovel.:D

One of my personal favourite bits of slang actually :ROFLMAO:

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
If not for Tim Howard, this game wouldn't even be close. Having an incredible game...

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This World Cup just keeps on giving.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Straight from the training ground, that free kick. Great effort!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a well worked free kick, such a shame he didn't finish.

You Americans should be damn proud of that performance. I have to go to supporting Germany now for the sweepstakes :(.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Genuinely one of the best games of football I've ever seen.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What an absolutely fantastic game of football. I feel so sorry for America just like I did for the Swiss earlier and Chile and Mexico at the weekend. Usually one of the underdogs will see there way through just a shame it never happened tonight.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Bad luck to the USA -- great performance.

USA , like Australia , suffer in soccer as a result of their domestic football being so powerful -- the majority of the best athletes go to where the $$ is.