The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
England deserve to win this IMO.

If not for Schmeichel they would be leading.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looked like a dive to me but the replay angle I had wasn’t great. Kane was a clear dive earlier, it’s what he’s best at.

TK42-RAM

The Denmark manager Kasper Hjulmand is all class.

Great tournament by Denmark considering how it began. Would not have lost any admirers.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kane and Sterling the two biggest cheats in the tournament yet we are always blaming the Italians, Spanish and Portuguese etc for diving. That was never a penalty, absolutely awful decision.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Kane and Sterling the two biggest cheats in the tournament yet we are always blaming the Italians, Spanish and Portuguese etc for diving. That was never a penalty, absolutely awful decision.
First of all--England utterly dominated the match and deserved to win.

And yes, both in real time and in replays I thought it was a penalty. Sterling got clipped on his right AND hip-checked on his left. That's a lot of contact a few feet from goal. Not much contact, but enough to draw a penalty IMHO.

And I'm sorry, I'm sick of the Spaniards and the Italians writhing around in agony on the pitch and then "magically" jumping up like nothing happened. It's bad for the sport. Yes, all teams do it to a certain extent, but some teams are just ridiculous with the flopping and diving.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“First of all--England utterly dominated the match and deserved to win.”

It was an even game for the first 60 minutes, the Danes then looked shot and England took over. I never said they didn’t deserve to win I’m just dubious about the way they did. Football is a contact sport, just because there is slight contact shouldn’t mean it’s a foul. No Danish player made a challenge on him and he went over looking for a penalty. I don’t like diving, never have, my point is all teams do it yet we get all high and mighty about other teams doing it and then laugh it off when ours do. It’s all cheating and unfortunately part of the game for years now.

TK42-RAM

And I'm sorry, I'm sick of the Spaniards and the Italians writhing around in agony on the pitch and then "magically" jumping up like nothing happened. It's bad for the sport. Yes, all teams do it to a certain extent, but some teams are just ridiculous with the flopping and diving.

... like now?

Get up -- you're tired because you sprinted

TK42-RAM

Stopping before taking a penalty is such a joke -- commit to a spot and punch it in ..

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Bummer! Was rooting for England mainly because of their heartbreak history.

Close, hard-fought game.

Interesting how common PK misses were this year.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s always brutal to lose in a shootout (IMO).

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair Neil I think that’s everyone’s opinion. Never been a great way to finish a match when you have an interest in it, good to watch as a neutral though.

TK42-RAM

Forest have started their Championship campaign well ....

tableafterrd3.png

:weary::weary:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron RAMSdale about to sign for Arsenal @OldSchool. Surely he’ll immediately become your favourite player? I don’t actually rate him though, not sure it’s a good signing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron RAMSdale about to sign for Arsenal @OldSchool. Surely he’ll immediately become your favourite player? I don’t actually rate him though, not sure it’s a good signing.
I don’t hate the signing, I would have if we paid their initial asking fee. He’s an adequate keeper and a typical one. Makes some stops that are highlights and blunders some so you think we’ll fuck I could have stopped that. Arsenal certainly spent money and think they have one more coming, we’ll see if it was well spent.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Odegaard is signing isn’t he? Thing is they let Martinez go who I think is better than Leno and Ramsdale. Poor decision that.