The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Arteta might be happening after all.

Also there's this translation "intensive talks over Ozil to Fenerbache"

View: https://twitter.com/FrdNigdelioglu/status/1206666201977503745?s=19

Ozil out would be such a great Christmas gift to all Arsenal fans

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

struggling myself
are they going all heston on this shit? I am confused

p551_v_v8_at.jpg

191216161757-serie-a-anti-racism-campaign-exlarge-169.jpg

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Not surprising considering that Italian football has a culture of racism that's normalized in Serie A. It's a shame considering that it left a dent in Mario Balotelli's career.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Not surprising considering that Italian football has a culture of racism that's normalized in Serie A. It's a shame considering that it left a dent in Mario Balotelli's career.

I read up on this - if you look closely the eyes on the apes are different. Blue eyes, one has “Asian” eyes..... so the message is we all come from apes. Weird how they use cultural stereotypes in an attempt to end cultural stereotypes

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I read up on this - if you look closely the eyes on the apes are different. Blue eyes, one has “Asian” eyes..... so the message is we all come from apes. Weird how they use cultural stereotypes in an attempt to end cultural stereotypes

Not gonna bother trying to sugarcoat their intent, that's blatant racism to me, plain and simple.
I'm gonna stop here before it gets inflammatory.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Looking like a deal has been reached and Mikel Arteta will be our next manager. I get the appointment and tbh with the state of everybody in between Leno and the front 3 it's not shocking we aren't able to haul in a bigger name, if they even went after one. From the start the responses from the people in charge said they wanted to go with somebody younger and energetic so we'll see how this works. It's a rebuild and will take multiple transfer windows to affect any change. Talks are already in place to sell Ozil to his home country which is a big positive. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Lacazette sold either to help fund some of the upgrades we need in the back and the midfield. And once he comes in I'd wager we see more playing time for the youngsters as he'll have a need to see exactly what he has and he'll try to develop them. Speculation is he'll be introduced by the Everton game yet Pep said he's travelling with City this weekend.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I saw the one thing I'd hoped for. More effort from the players. Still wasn't great but there was effort.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Well I saw the one thing I'd hoped for. More effort from the players. Still wasn't great but there was effort.

The kids played well. Saka is a keeper.
Martinelli gives me hope. Thought Nelson played well as did Willock. Not sure wht Lacazette wasn’t out there, I think he’s more positive for the kids than Auba. Anyway. Great news on Xhaka he is caca. Torreira can win the ball. I have hope!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Better work rate today and some positives moving forward. Torreira was impressive and could be a major factor for Arteta going forward. Overall pleased with the perfor aside from the finishing. Too many extra and bad touches in the final third.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sanchez? He played for Villa not Arsenal unless we’ve signed Alexis and I don’t know about it.
Bit harsh on Noble, I know what you mean though. We’ve been crying out for someone to play in midfield but we are still left with him and Snodgrass. Says it all that he is often one of our better players as well.
Not really sure it matters who we appoint next when you’ve got to work with our spiv owners.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And we played a great match for about 75 minutes then just straight shit the bed.