The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same with Emery on the wrong formation. Why in the world would we pay $72 million for Pepe for him to not only be held from the starting lineup but to not even play! Both sides had so many chances this could have been a 5+ goal match for each team. Next year when we finally get Saliba on the squad will improve the defense but there is just no fire from the team. We easily could have lost badly but yeah we left so many goals on the pitch.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Man that Arsenal drama sounds rough, I have a soft spot for them getting me into football back in the Wenger days when the thing to critique them on was him trying to make them a possession-style team but were potent in the counter

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Meanwhile

B76428F1-14F4-4621-9EEB-113815E5DCD8.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unai Emery sacked, you’ve got what you wanted @OldSchool
I just was baffled match in and match out about his tactics. Like yesterday we're down a goal need to press the attack and you take off Gabriel Martinelli who's only been outscored by Auba and Laca and you bring on Ozil. Ozil is a fine sub but you then put him out as a winger which he never plays and it doesn't fit his skill set. Then late in the game you take off Mustafi and we're thinking ok here we go gonna get Pepe or Laca on the pitch! Nope! We get Torreira a defensive midfielder. So in what's widely reported as a must win game from the manager in a match that could have seen us advance in the Europa league he leaves Laca and Pepe, who's sate for several matches now after we bought him for $72 million, and you lose at home by a goal. His tactics have just become so bad this was bound to happen.

Going forward the guy I'd like to see is Allegri. The board has shown they'll get players the manager needs and he'll need a couple defenders to pair with last years purchases of Tierney and Saliba. I do think that'll be the end of one of either Laca or Auba though but we have so much youth in the attack it will be a minor speed bump as Allegri sorts out the defense. A few others I'd like as well but for my money he's the guy. A real interesting hire would be Pochetino just to see Spurs fans freak out. Also for Allegri not sure how reliable this source is but....

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I just was baffled match in and match out about his tactics. Like yesterday we're down a goal need to press the attack and you take off Gabriel Martinelli who's only been outscored by Auba and Laca and you bring on Ozil. Ozil is a fine sub but you then put him out as a winger which he never plays and it doesn't fit his skill set. Then late in the game you take off Mustafi and we're thinking ok here we go gonna get Pepe or Laca on the pitch! Nope! We get Torreira a defensive midfielder. So in what's widely reported as a must win game from the manager in a match that could have seen us advance in the Europa league he leaves Laca and Pepe, who's sate for several matches now after we bought him for $72 million, and you lose at home by a goal. His tactics have just become so bad this was bound to happen.

Going forward the guy I'd like to see is Allegri. The board has shown they'll get players the manager needs and he'll need a couple defenders to pair with last years purchases of Tierney and Saliba. I do think that'll be the end of one of either Laca or Auba though but we have so much youth in the attack it will be a minor speed bump as Allegri sorts out the defense. A few others I'd like as well but for my money he's the guy. A real interesting hire would be Pochetino just to see Spurs fans freak out. Also for Allegri not sure how reliable this source is but....

Does Allegri speak english? No more good Ebenings needed. I’m down with Nuno