The Official Rams vs. Eagles Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The way I see it, we can only lose 2 or three more games for the rest of the year. We gotta find lightning in a bottle and fast. We nearly found it today, but we did that young team thing we do so well. GSOT magic or we're done, boys. We're on the ropes...

We can do this! We just gotta remain healthy and point that muzzle away from our toe. It feels like a very tall order, but it fundamental football, in reference to the penalties.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The way I see it, we can only lose 2 or three more games for the rest of the year.
Yes, this is the problem with just 16 games. Every game is 6.25% of your season, if you don't take advantage and make the plays to win games you can win, it adds up fast.

Tough games left are Seattle, @Seattle, Broncos, @KC, @AZ, @SD. Rams can beat Seattle at home and at AZ due to the rivalry factor. At KC and SD are no harder than beating Philly on the road (which could have easily happened today), those are doable. But realistically, likely losses are to Broncos and at Seattle.

The easier games (at home or against lesser teams) are Oakland, Giants at home, @WAS, home against AZ, and 49ers twice. No NFL game is a gimme, but the Rams can drop only one of these.

That's the path to 10-6. Or of course since this is the vent thread, the Rams lose every one of the 6 "tough" games and at least half the "easy" games for a path to no better than 4-12.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes, this is the problem with just 16 games. Every game is 6.25% of your season, if you don't take advantage and make the plays to win games you can win, it adds up fast.

Tough games left are Seattle, @Seattle, Broncos, @KC, @AZ, @SD. Rams can beat Seattle at home and at AZ due to the rivalry factor. At KC and SD are no harder than beating Philly on the road (which could have easily happened today), those are doable. But realistically, likely losses are to Broncos and at Seattle.

The easier games (at home or against lesser teams) are Oakland, Giants at home, @WAS, home against AZ, and 49ers twice. No NFL game is a gimme, but the Rams can drop only one of these.

That's the path to 10-6. Or of course since this is the vent thread, the Rams lose every one of the 6 "tough" games and at least half the "easy" games for a path to no better than 4-12.

That's depressing...

I'm just gonna do the count down one game at a time. Hopefully it never reached 0. We're on the ropes. Our record is proving every POS pundit right.

That ticks me off because they're wrong.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Until this team pulls its collective head out of it's ass we won't win more than the occasional game here and there. That's not even venting, or talking from spite. That's reality. I think the coordinators need to be on the hot seat here if things don't improve.

Defense-We have all the players from last year, plus the best college DL, plus some good corner play from Gaines, plus the NFL's best UDFA in preseason in Westbrooks. What's changed from last year's dangerous defense? The DC is what's different. I see less out of his defense than last year's DC, who was reviled. Four games, 1 sack? That's pathetic on a level rarely seen.

Offense-Schotty's playcalling is so head-scratchingly erratic it hurts. Either the offense is incapable of playing up tempo when they need to, or Schotty can't call plays fast enough. Our playbook seems dull and unimaginative. Maybe that's all we can execute. Either way, guess who's in charge and responsible?

Head Coach-I don't know if I'd fire him. I think he's a good HC. But like DV, he needs to modernize. He needs get the penalties fixed, it's not the same NFL anymore. And IMO his OC and DC are being outclassed from a in-game playcalling standpoint, and he seems pretty loyal to them regardless. I think even if we somehow manage to go 7-9 or even 8-8, it's time for a breath of fresh air in the coordinator's positions. New QBs, new start.

Of course, that's from the outside looking in.

AZRamsFan93

That's depressing...

I'm just gonna do the count down one game at a time. Hopefully it never reached 0. We're on the ropes. Our record is proving every POS pundit right.

Did you read what you just wrote? :)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
That's depressing...

I understand how you're feeling re: pundits! The team has the talent to be in the playoffs, just haven't proved it! Aggravating for sure!

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
About the sacks, yes it's disappointing. But a lot of our sacks come in bunches. We've had lots of games where we get 4 sacks here, 8 sacks there, 7 sacks there, 3 there, so it will add up if we can get going. Obviously if this keeps up though, it's going to suck.

this was a team missing 2 starting ol men. we should have had some sacks. got to start wondering about williams

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It's maddening.

When Bradford went down, I thought for sure QB would be a problem area, and it would stunt the development of our WRs. QB and WR (and RB) are about the only areas of the team I feel good about at this point. Our vaunted D couldn't get a sack at the checkout line of a grocery store. WTF?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
this was a team missing 2 starting ol men. we should have had some sacks. got to start wondering about williams

They got the ball out quick. We need improvement for sure, but their speed in getting the ball out definitely didn't help. Teams know how to face our defense because we don't adjust and they can continue throwing quick passes.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I want to know wtf has Williams done to this defense to mess it up so much? This is bullshit..... should we pick up our D cord from last year again? so freaking pathetic...

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I still can't believe we have one freaking sack in 4 games. WTF happened to this group?

We are beating ourselves. We just lost to two teams that are 8-2 combined and we should of beaten both of them. We should be 3-1 right now and that sucks ass.

I never would of thought the offense would be this much better than the defense.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Forget a sack... has the D even 'knocked down' the freakin QB this season??? There are individual players with more sacks than the entire team, 1/4 of the way through the season. That is just pathetic. You'd think after a BYE, the team would have schemed up SOMETHING.

Sappy113

Rookie
Forget a sack... has the D even 'knocked down' the freakin QB this season??? There are individual players with more sacks than the entire team, 1/4 of the way through the season. That is just pathetic. You'd think after a BYE, the team would have schemed up SOMETHING.

There are a lot of players with more sacks than the entire Rams team. That happens when you're on par for FOUR SACKS IN AN ENTIRE SEASON!

I can't comprehend how Williams took this front 7, and ran it into the ground in just a few months.

Rambition

Rookie
I want to know wtf has Williams done to this defense to mess it up so much? This is bullcrap..... should we pick up our D cord from last year again? so freaking pathetic...
i'm starting to think we'd have been better off if they'd just made dave mcginess the DC.

iced

Really tired of the offense finding ways to give the defenses touchdowns...