The Official LGB's Thread.. Let's GOOOOO BLUES!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Also, Backes is the biggest coward I've ever seen on a sports team. I will never forgive the guy for leaving his teammates to answer the hard questions after Game Six instead of sucking up his pride and answering them himself

Wait, he didn't talk to the media after game 6? Did they try to talk to to him and he wouldn't do it, or did they not approach him?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wait, he didn't talk to the media after game 6? Did they try to talk to to him and he wouldn't do it, or did they not approach him?

No. He left the arena immediately and let teammates like Steen, Tarasenko, and Schwartz take the media's questions. Of course they wanted to talk with him; he is the captain, after all, and he had a shit series.

If Backes was half as accountable as Dustin Brown was, he'd be a great captain, and he would've talked to them no matter what. But what he did was beyond cowardly. You don't do that shit to your team.

If he can't suck up his fucking pride and be a good teammate, then he doesn't deserve to be a captain. Plain and simple.

bluecoconuts

Legend
No. He left the arena immediately and let teammates like Steen, Tarasenko, and Schwartz take the media's questions. Of course they wanted to talk with him; he is the captain, after all, and he had a crap series.

If Backes was half as accountable as Dustin Brown was, he'd be a great captain, and he would've talked to them no matter what. But what he did was beyond cowardly. You don't do that crap to your team.

If he can't suck up his freaking pride and be a good teammate, then he doesn't deserve to be a captain. Plain and simple.

Yeah, not a fan of that. For all of Dustin Brown's faults, he always holds himself accountable first and foremost, and I respect that about him. He's quick to pass praise to other players and take blame away when he doesn't deserve it, and always makes himself available, after good games and bad ones. I just wish he'd go to the net and park himself in front, use his body more.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Saw St Louis resigned Hitchcock for a year, kind of got the feeling that they didn't really have anyone else and settled for him.