The Official LGB's Thread.. Let's GOOOOO BLUES!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@bluecoconuts that's why LA wins, and why we lose. We hand out NTCs and NMCs like candy to mediocre players like Berglund and Bouwmeester. Armstrong is a fucking idiot, and if he isn't fired, I will quit watching this team until he is.

bluecoconuts

Legend
@bluecoconuts that's why LA wins, and why we lose. We hand out NTCs and NMCs like candy to mediocre players like Berglund and Bouwmeester. Armstrong is a freaking idiot, and if he isn't fired, I will quit watching this team until he is.

We'll be losing Williams and Stoll this year, most likely Voynov and Richards to. Nick Shore will be up full time, offense will be a little different, hopefully faster.

Defense is the big question. Forbort is ready to play now, but plays on the left side. Miller is more of a fit for Voynov, and plays the right, but is more raw, there's questions on if he's ready or not.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Okay, time for trading (as a note, I'm fucking releasing Ott):

T.J. Oshie to the Los Angeles Kings for Valentin Zykov and Nikolai Prokhorkin.

Carl Gunnarsson and Brian Elliot to the Philadelphia Flyers for Shayne Gostisbehere and 2015 third round pick (#87 overall).

David Backes to the Boston Bruins for a 2015 first round pick (#14 overall).

Alexander Steen to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Sonny Milano and 2015 second round pick (#38 overall).

Jake Allen and Santeri Saari to the Florida Panthers for Jayce Hawryluk and Jordan Martindale.

Paul Stastny, Jay Bouwmeester, and Ty Rattie to the Dallas Stars for a 2015 second round pick (#49 overall) and a 2016 second round pick.

Thomas Vannelli and Joel Edmundson to the Arizona Coyotes for Maxim Letunov. (I know I'm desperate, but so what?)

Jordan Schmaltz to the Buffalo Sabres for William Carrier (I know, I'm really fucking desperate.)

#14 overall, #49 overall, #118 overall, #127 overall, #148 overall, and a 2016 second to the New Jersey Devils for 2015 first round pick (#6 overall) and 2016 third round pick.

2015 draft:

#6 overall - Ivan Provorov, defenseman.

#38 overall - Roope Hintz, center.

#56 overall - Dmytro Timashov, left wing.

#87 overall - Nikita Pavlychev, center.

#94 overall - Pavel Karnaukhov, center.

Starting roster:

1st line - Schwartz - Fabbri - Tarasenko
2nd line - Jaskin - Barbashev - Zykov
3rd line - Prokhorkin - Milano - Hawryluk
4th line - Carrier - Martindale - Reaves

1st D pairing - Provorov - Pietrangelo.
2nd D pairing - Lindbohm - Shattenkirk
3rd D pairing - Gostisbehere - Parayko

Goalies - Binnington & Lundstrom.

In the system:

Roope Hintz
Dmytro Timashov
Nikita Pavlychev
Pavel Karnaukhov
Ville Husso
MacKenzie MacEachern
Samuel Kurker
Jaedon Descheneau

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
images

bluecoconuts

Legend
T.J. Oshie to the Los Angeles Kings for Valentin Zykov and Nikolai Prokhorkin.

Deal

Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Shore-Oshie
Clifford-Andreoff-Lewis

Muzzin-Doughty
McNabb/Martinez-Miller
Martinez/McNabb-Greene

Helps spread out the forward lines, speed, skill, and a physical presence up and down, the biggest questions remain on D, I put Miller as he's a better fit than Forbort. There is a chance they trade Martinez for cap space, but I'm not sure I'm seeing it. Voynov, and Richards being gone saves cap space (that can afford the Oshie hit) and Toffoli hopefully doesn't cost them an arm and a leg. I'd be okay with this lineup.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Deal

Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Shore-Oshie
Clifford-Andreoff-Lewis

Muzzin-Doughty
McNabb/Martinez-Miller
Martinez/McNabb-Greene

Helps spread out the forward lines, speed, skill, and a physical presence up and down, the biggest questions remain on D, I put Miller as he's a better fit than Forbort. There is a chance they trade Martinez for cap space, but I'm not sure I'm seeing it. Voynov, and Richards being gone saves cap space (that can afford the Oshie hit) and Toffoli hopefully doesn't cost them an arm and a leg. I'd be okay with this lineup.

I knew that it would be a sure thing for you. In exchange, we get top six caliber forwards, both of whom want to play in the NHL. If Prokhorkin doesn't come over, then we have Descheneau who can slide in (too old for the CHL) or Timashov (whom I think actually has a good chance at being a superstar in the right system.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I knew that it would be a sure thing for you. In exchange, we get top six caliber forwards, both of whom want to play in the NHL. If Prokhorkin doesn't come over, then we have Descheneau who can slide in (too old for the CHL) or Timashov (whom I think actually has a good chance at being a superstar in the right system.

I think he wants to come over, but his defensive game probably wont be up to snuff. That's the problem with most young guys, getting them to play 200 feet, and go to the dirty areas to battle for pucks. LA requires this in their system, that's why it took Toffoli and Pearson longer to come up than it would for most other teams. The Blues would probably take a hit on defense, and that could be killer. That's what killed LA this year, with the loss of Voynov, plus other injuries throughout the year, the defense took a hit. It would have been worse if not for Doughty increasing his minutes, and playing all situations. If he doesn't win the Norris over Subban and Karlsson it'll be a damn shame. Those guys are both great offensive players, but they get the most of their starts in the offensive zone, play protected minutes, and aren't a huge impact on defense. Doughty is a far better all around defenseman who can do it all and plays in every situation. Down a goal with a minute left or up a goal with a minute left, up a man or two, or down a man or two, Doughty is on the ice.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
It would piss me off beyond belief if the Blues traded Oshie.

Memento

Name
Jemma
It would piss me off beyond belief if the Blues traded Oshie.

Why? Honestly, what has Oshie done in the playoffs, where it actually counts?

I think he wants to come over, but his defensive game probably wont be up to snuff. That's the problem with most young guys, getting them to play 200 feet, and go to the dirty areas to battle for pucks. LA requires this in their system, that's why it took Toffoli and Pearson longer to come up than it would for most other teams. The Blues would probably take a hit on defense, and that could be killer. That's what killed LA this year, with the loss of Voynov, plus other injuries throughout the year, the defense took a hit. It would have been worse if not for Doughty increasing his minutes, and playing all situations. If he doesn't win the Norris over Subban and Karlsson it'll be a damn shame. Those guys are both great offensive players, but they get the most of their starts in the offensive zone, play protected minutes, and aren't a huge impact on defense. Doughty is a far better all around defenseman who can do it all and plays in every situation. Down a goal with a minute left or up a goal with a minute left, up a man or two, or down a man or two, Doughty is on the ice.

Yeah, if either one of the defensive forwards win the Norris, I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
What have any of the Blues done in the playoffs?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, if either one of the defensive forwards win the Norris, I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief.

Defensive forwards is putting it nicely, I'd rather Kopitar or Toews on the blueline in a pressure situation protecting the lead than those two.

Memento

Name
Jemma
What have any of the Blues done in the playoffs?

Uh, Tarasenko? Schwartz, Pietrangelo, and Shattenkirk? Jaskin is still only twenty-two. Those are the only guys on the active roster that I want to see them keep, actually.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Uh, Tarasenko? Schwartz, Pietrangelo, and Shattenkirk? Jaskin is still only twenty-two. Those are the only guys on the active roster that I want to see them keep, actually.

Tarasenko has been pretty awesome, but in my limited playoff Blues games I've seen, I don't think I've seen much from the other three that really impressed me.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Keep Senko, Shat, Schwartz, and Oshie. Get whatever you can for the rest and call it a day. Try to get some of the picks from the Miller trade. We need to get our farm system going again.

This current team shits it's pants every time it sees the postseason. Embarrassing.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Keep Senko, Shat, Schwartz, and Oshie. Get whatever you can for the rest and call it a day. Try to get some of the picks from the Miller trade. We need to get our farm system going again.

This current team shits it's pants every time it sees the postseason. Embarrassing.

Why Oshie? What the fuck has he ever done for us?

bluecoconuts

Legend

Kings cut ties with Prokiorkin the other day, he didn't want to go into the AHL, just wanted to jump into the NHL, and the Kings weren't having it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Kings cut ties with Prokiorkin the other day, he didn't want to go into the AHL, just wanted to jump into the NHL, and the Kings weren't having it.

Well, fuck him then. Still think that Zykov was the main prize anyway. You don't mind putting a mid-round pick in the deal, do you?

Also, fire Hitchcock and Armstrong. Pay Babcock whatever he wants. We're interested, and we're one of the four teams allowed to talk to him. Maybe he can change the culture of this team.

yoinesh123

UDFA
Name
yoinesh
I guess Babcock was out of our price range pretty quickly.....................

Memento

Name
Jemma
I guess Babcock was out of our price range pretty quickly.....................

Wasn't just price range; he wanted to be the Leafs' coach.

Well, I fully expect to be picking in the top ten in 2016. Our players have tried to fire Hitchcock themselves, Armstrong is still the GM (and knowing our shit luck, he'll probably deal away Fabbri, Barbashev, and/or Parayko for a shitty veteran player and let Tarasenko get offer-sheeted and sign with some other team), and there's going to be a huge power struggle on this team between the brain-dead coach (whoever he may be) and the arrogant, selfish players.

Also, Backes is the biggest coward I've ever seen on a sports team. I will never forgive the guy for leaving his teammates to answer the hard questions after Game Six instead of sucking up his pride and answering them himself. He has absolutely no right to be wearing that "C" like it means something. And before you claim me to be an anonymous Internet coward, yeah, I'd gladly say that to his face if we met without hesitation. Don't even care if I get slugged for it; it'll be worth it to see the look on his face.