The non-Rams free agents signed thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
LOL the Dolphins are franchising Landry. $16 million for him when they have $7 million in cap space. He’s getting pai about $2 million per ypc.

Dolphins should make room for him. I didn't like him as a fit for us (we're covered in the slot) but that dude racks up damn near 100 receptions for 1k yards annually. Granted, slot guys are easier to find and all, but he also adds a lot of yards after contact too. Them needing a QB makes it worse too. If they move him or let him go whoever plays QB for them is going to have a tougher road ahead, so it's not a good situation.

They really need to work on that front office IMO. I always thought Hickey was in over his head and suspect it's the same with Grier, they've been a mess for a while before and after Tannenbaum. If I were the owner I'd probably clean house, hire the right guy to head it up and start over.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dolphins should make room for him. I didn't like him as a fit for us (we're covered in the slot) but that dude racks up damn near 100 receptions for 1k yards annually. Granted, slot guys are easier to find and all, but he also adds a lot of yards after contact too. Them needing a QB makes it worse too. If they move him or let him go whoever plays QB for them is going to have a tougher road ahead, so it's not a good situation.

They really need to work on that front office IMO. I always thought Hickey was in over his head and suspect it's the same with Grier, they've been a mess for a while before and after Tannenbaum. If I were the owner I'd probably clean house, hire the right guy to head it up and start over.

Landry wants to be massively overpaid. I'd move on.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...cut-mike-glennon-once-new-league-year-starts/

Bears will cut Mike Glennon once new league year starts
Posted by Josh Alper on February 28, 2018

gettyimages-861649480-e1519830928504.jpg

Getty Images

There was plenty of speculation about where quarterback Mike Glennon would land as a free agent at this time last year and the answer came when the Bears signed him to a three-year, $45 million deal.

This year’s speculation has concerned whether the Bears will cut Glennon after the first year of that deal. The answer came on Wednesday.

General Manager Ryan Pace said during his Scouting Combine media session that the Bears will release Glennon after the start of the new league year. That comes as little surprise given the $2.5 million roster bonus and $12.5 million salary Glennon is set to make under the terms of the deal he signed last year.

That means Glennon’s time with the Bears will end after he made four starts to open last season. Mitchell Trubisky replaced him as a starter after poor showings in those games and the Bears will move on to finding a cheaper backup to their 2017 first-round pick.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wtf does one person need/do with $130 million? He won’t even see it for the rest of his life.
It could be gone very fast...Hell, I know I could go through that amount, and have one helluva time doing it.:rockon:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/01/plenty-of-interest-in-dion-lewis/

Plenty of interest in Dion Lewis
Posted by Mike Florio on March 1, 2018

829580626-e1504969656555.jpg

Getty Images

The veteran running back market typically doesn’t include players who draw extensive interest. This year, it could be different.

Patriots running back Dion Lewis is expected to get serious consideration from multiple teams, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

Potentially interested teams include the Jets, Texans, 49ers, Raiders, and Colts. As many as six or seven teams are expected to pursue Lewis.

A fifth-round pick of the Eagles in 2011, he arrived in New England after stints in Philly, Cleveland, and Indy. His best year by far came in 2017, with 896 rushing yards (an average of five yards per attempt) and 214 receiving yards. He had six rushing touchdowns and three receiving touchdowns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ders-may-cut-michael-crabtree-marshawn-lynch/

Raiders may cut Michael Crabtree, Marshawn Lynch
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 1, 2018

Despite comments from Raiders G.M. Reggie McKenzie and coach Jon Gruden that indicated receiver Michael Crabtree and running back Marshawn Lynch were in the plans for 2018, both could be gone before the regular season.

That’s the word from Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, who reports that both players are in flux and could be out of Oakland this year.

The issue is the players’ salaries: Crabtree has a cap hit of $7.7 million this season, while Lynch has a cap hit of nearly $6 million and could earn more in performance incentives. The Raiders would like to have both players back, but not necessarily at those prices.

Lynch has a roster bonus of $1 million due on March 18, so the Raiders may need to decide on his status soon. There’s more time to decide on Crabtree’s status. But decisions will need to be made on both players at some point in the months ahead, and those decisions won’t be as easy as McKenzie and Gruden suggested.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/01/report-seahawks-talking-about-michael-bennett-trade/

Seahawks talking about Michael Bennett trade
Posted by Josh Alper on March 1, 2018

462430702-e1504745832439.jpg

Getty Images

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll answered questions on a variety of topics during a media session on Thursday and defensive end Michael Bennett’s status was on the list.

Bennett said at the end of the season that he did not expect to be back with the Seahawks in 2018 and Carroll said Thursday that he hasn’t spoken to Bennett for a while. He said there are “conversations going in all directions” regarding Bennett and it appears a trade is one of the directions.

Brady Henderson of ESPN reports that the Seahawks are talking to other teams about a trade involving Bennett. There’s no word on which teams have been on the other end of the line.

Bennett had 8.5 sacks for the Seahawks in 2017 and has three years left on the deal he signed in 2016. His cap number for 2018 is just under $7.4 million and Seattle would have over $5 million in dead money left if they were to part ways with Bennett this offseason.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/06/bills-sign-chris-ivory/

Bills sign Chris Ivory
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 6, 2018

gettyimages-884822476-e1520351023168.jpg

Getty Images

It didn’t take running back Chris Ivory long to find a new job.

Ivory is signing with the Bills, according to multiple reports.

The Jaguars cut Ivory last month, and since he was released he’s available to sign now, rather than wait until the start of the league year next week. He had visited the Browns in addition to the Bills.

Ivory showed a lot of promise early in his career with the Saints and became a 1,000-yard rusher in 2015 with the Jets. But after signing with the Jaguars in 2016 he never became their starter and averaged less than four yards a carry in both of his seasons in Jacksonville.

Now Ivory will serve as the backup for LeSean McCoy in an offense that figures to be run-heavy once again.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I want Deion Lewis, Allen Robinson and Trey Burton. But it’s probably not gunna happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want Deion Lewis, Allen Robinson and Trey Burton. But it’s probably not gunna happen.

Why Dion Lewis? He's going to cost a pretty penny, and I'd rather have Gurley on the field.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Why Dion Lewis? He's going to cost a pretty penny, and I'd rather have Gurley on the field.
I just feel he would fit perfectly in McVays offense. He’s a tremendous receiving back. He could be our Chris Thompson. And would only accumulate Browns and Austin’s touches. Which would be around 130. I think it would be worth it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just feel he would fit perfectly in McVays offense. He’s a tremendous receiving back. He could be our Chris Thompson. And would only accumulate Browns and Austin’s touches. Which would be around 130. I think it would be worth it.

We don't need a Chris Thompson. We have a Todd Gurley. We can draft a guy on Day 3 to for that sort of skill-set and use our cap space on a guy who will contribute more. JMO.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

He's also one of their biggest threats in the redzone

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
We don't need a Chris Thompson. We have a Todd Gurley. We can draft a guy on Day 3 to for that sort of skill-set and use our cap space on a guy who will contribute more. JMO.
You have anyone in mind? I don’t think it’s a bad idea to have a guy who can step in and not miss much of a beat with the offense. Lewis is a very good player. I’m not sure you can find a player of his caliber on the 3rd day of the draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You have anyone in mind? I don’t think it’s a bad idea to have a guy who can step in and not miss much of a beat with the offense. Lewis is a very good player. I’m not sure you can find a player of his caliber on the 3rd day of the draft.

Maybe Nyheim. He is fast and close to 200 lbs. He is a good receiver out of the backfield.

nighttrain

Legend
Maybe Nyheim. He is fast and close to 200 lbs. He is a good receiver out of the backfield.
this guy, looks very good in 4th round
Nyheim Hines is fast...really fast.

The former Wolfpack standout showed it on Friday at the NFL Combine when he ran the 40-yard dash. In his two attempts, Hines clocked times of 4.39 and 4.38 seconds, which were the fastest two among the 32 running backs in attendance. Penn State running back Saquon Barkley posted the next fastest time at 4.41 seconds.

Hines, an All-ACC first-team selection last season, finished his junior campaign with 197 carries for 1,112 yards and 12 touchdowns and 26 receptions for 152 yards. He also led the ACC with 1,774 all-purpose yards.

Prior to the combine, Hines was projected to go between the fourth and seventh rounds in April's NFL Draft.