The mother of all polls (LEMONGATE)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What kind of donuts are the ones that have lemon in them?

• Lemon filled

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lemon jelly

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lemon donuts suck either way, so it doesn't matter to me. BAVARIAN CREME FOR THE freaking WIN!
I LOVE Bavarian Crème donuts. They may be my all time favorite. Just sayin'

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You are very astute in your observations. That's what makes you and the rest of the ROD members such perfect judges. Have you ever tried getting the same jelly they put in the berry ones for your toast? And yet - they are still called jelly filled. We are simply talking about a different type of jelly. A jelly that wouldn't typically be put on toast, lemon or otherwise. If you were to inject normal jelly into a warm donut, you would end up with juice - not that sort of jelly like substance found in Jelly Donuts. The only way to fix that problem was to make a different kind of jelly.

I will go into it in subsequent posts but like I said, that is a very sharp pick up. Brilliant I might say. If only Paul could work his brain around the nuances. Obviously, he is either being coy or really doesn't understand. I'll leave that for y'all to judge as well.
Inject? Jelly? I'm outta this thread. Back to the booty thread for this guy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
One short side note. If my opponent thinks that was mud slinging, he needs to grow a pair. He is obviously trying to play the woe is me card. We're FOOTBALL fans here. So to my opponent I say:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
More attack ads.
If my opponent would only stick to the facts, this would be a clean debate.
Sad.

FilledDoughnuts.jpg

pTdIUzB.jpg

gVntfwx.jpg

MmyDm1M.jpg

hdWiwAp.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@RamFan503 and I have a bet that we need the membership to weigh in on, and ultimately decide who's right about this particular subject.

Donuts with lemon (filling or jelly) inside.
What are they called, and what do they contain?

My position (ehem, the CORRECT one) is that lemon- FILLED- donuts don't contain any jelly at all. It's simply a glucose concoction that tastes like lemon that's pumped into the donuts. As such, it's MY position (again, the correct one) that those donuts are called LEMON FILLED donuts. Stu would have you believe they're called LEMON JELLY donuts <scoff>

(*disclaimer: they're awesome. this is not a complaint about the donut itself)

To further solidify my case to you excellent and unbiased ROD members (and you look great by the way, and I'm not just saying that), I present you with the ingredients AND NAME of the donut in question from one of the largest producers of donuts in our Country. Dunking M#!%#&F#*!)#* Donuts.

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/menu/food/bakery/donuts/donuts.html?DRP_FLAVOR=Lemon Filled Donut

cDW6Emn.png

*DROPS MIC*

Thank you for your participation in this poll, and thanks in advance for making me the winner. By the way, have you lost weight? Because, really, you look freakin' awesome today and I don't throw around compliments so haphazardly. Got some sun today too, it looks like. Nice.

Peace out

- X -
Good of you to throw me one right over the plate.

Voters - My esteemed opponent has asserted that the gigantic donut corporation known as Dunkin' Donuts doesn't use the word JELLY when describing their Lemon Jelly Filled donuts. But to quote the donut giant when they spoke of their early days as a small company, "The people caught on and it became a common prank to slip one lemon-filled jelly donut in every batch of donuts they sold and is a tradition carried on today even by the largest of donut vendors, Dunkin' Donuts."

I can understand that with his limited knowledge of the company except for the more recent corporate image, my opponent did not realize that indeed, Dunkin' Donuts knows that the lemon filling in their donuts is a form of filling commonly referred to in the industry as JELLY.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dunkin' Donuts knows that the lemon filling in their donuts is a form of filling commonly referred to in the industry as JELLY.
And yet it's not jelly, so they call them lemon filled donuts.
Jelly donuts, however, are filled with actual jelly. They're not called grape filled donuts. They're called...

Wait for it....

Jelly donuts.

giphy.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Been to a couple places that have the bacon maple donut. No other donut worthy of speaking of...
Man! My opponent will stoop to anything in order to make voters think he feels their pain.

Here's what my opponent had to say about the subject on June 4th, 2012.
"You like those maple icing donuts?
Cuz those just flat out suck
."

Now if my opponent loved the bacon maple donuts so much, wouldn't you think he'd mention that there?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man! My opponent will stoop to anything in order to make voters think he feels their pain.

."

Now if my opponent loved the bacon maple donuts so much, wouldn't you think he'd mention that there?
Bacon can make even a lemon filled donut taste good. Maple and bacon together are as American as apple pie.
Why? Are you against America now?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And yet it's not jelly, so they call them lemon filled donuts.
Jelly donuts, however, are filled with actual jelly. They're not called grape filled donuts. They're called...

Wait for it....

Jelly donuts.

giphy.gif
Actually - They are not. It is a substance referred to as jelly. If you were to put actual jelly into a donut, it would melt. Certainly everyone has had a PBJ in their lunch as a kid. On a hot day, what happens to that jelly? It becomes part of the bread - doesn't it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Whatever you guys do, do NOT attempt to throw any kind of "lemon party" to figure this out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bacon can make even a lemon filled donut taste good. Maple and bacon together are as American as apple pie.
K - gotta laugh there.

While it is true that Bacon can make practically anything taste good, you clearly had no such thoughts when you made that quote.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Actually - They are not. It is a substance referred to as jelly. If you were to put actual jelly into a donut, it would melt. Certainly everyone has had a PBJ in their lunch as a kid. On a hot day, what happens to that jelly? It becomes part of the bread - doesn't it.
Well sure. If you were careless enough to pipe jelly into a hot donut. But are the donuts hot when you eat them?
No, they're not. That's why they pipe jelly into them after they've cooled.

randy-watson-o.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
K - gotta laugh there.

While it is true that Bacon can make practically anything taste good, you clearly had no such thoughts when you made that quote.
Well if I can change.

And youz can change.

EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!

rocky4armsraised.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ahem.... My fellow constituents. As much as my opponent wants to accuse me of running a dirty campaign, I have to ask you. Is it really dirty to use his own words against him? Shouldn't he be held accountable for his statements regarding the exact subject of which we are speaking?

To wit I give you his recent statements during this campaign:
Wow. That's pretty low. Saying I'm un-American while attempting to pander to the voters.

But what does my opponent REALLY think?

Back in 2012, our esteemed colleague Libertadrocks stated the following:
:slap!:
.... But maple icing donuts are amazing. Quixote you need to check out frost donuts in Mill Creek WA. Mmmm bacon maple bars

june06_donut.jpg

My opponent's response?

That just looks wrong.

So who is this Mr. X? And will you ever really know if he is speaking from the heart or just once again, pandering to get votes?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
So who is this Mr. X? And will you ever really know if he is speaking from the heart or just once again, pandering to get votes?
You know, if you say "Mr. X" out loud, it sounds like "misdirects". Just sayin'.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Again. Resorting to making this poll about me as opposed to the donut. :oops:
My track record speaks for itself, and the people of ROD know this well.

I earned a purple heart in the battle of Maple.
My ancestors sailed over on the Mapleflower.
My dear Grandmother's name was Maple (well, it was Mabel, but that's close enough)

ROD, despite my opponents' muck raking, you can't hold a whole board responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole board system? And if the whole board system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our internet in general? I put it to you, ROD - clearly my opponent is posing an indictment of our entire American society! Well, you can do whatever you want to me, Stu, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Gentlemen!

Sum1

Hall of Fame

."

Maple is also one of the greatest flavors of all time...and I don't just mean donuts.

I like to create my own BBQ sauces from time to time...made a great tasting maple-dijon sauce once. Maybe you ought to steal that idea and perfect for commercial sale...