The Los Angeles Rams Need to Trade for Courtland Sutton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like Tutu Atwell & seeing him make a catch against Bobby Wagner & the inner reaction was pretty cool.Like I said he is tougher than what he gets credit for.Kupp helped him a long even before Puka.

IMO his GROWTH will continue & he WILL get paid after this season.Potential a lone will add VALUE!! I don’t know how much Courtland Sutton is worth.I won’t question what he might bring to The Rams WR ? Is it worth it & I don’t think so right now.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I know DRob is on a 1 year contract, but I feel like people forget about him. He is a great fit in this offense and should be better this season after a year of playing time in it.

I don't disagree that you can never have too much talent, but I just don't see this as a move the Rams would make... Not for Sutton anyway.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well sorry for the rest of your response but it's kind of important on if a team can or cannot trade for a layer. The Rams currently need to clear at least $6 million from their cap to add Sutton. And that just puts us at the bare minimum range to even be able to add him. If you can't financially add a player why even go on to the rest. Rams have to give a shit about the cap and fortunately for us they do.

Like ive acknowledged in many other posts the past few years RE - cap: i know it exists, i know teams have to manage it. But as ive also mentioned...how many players have the signed/re-signed cut, traded, etc despite a few having big contracts? From Jared Goff to Jalen Ramsey and many in between.

I kept hearing this was some "cap hell" and everyone's favorite MoRtGaGeD tHe FuTuRe...i'm still waiting for that to happen.

Point is, if they wanted Courtland Sutton or any other players, I'm confident they could finagle the numbers to make it work, because I'm pretty sure they have more resources and insight about all the contracts rather than going to overthecap.com.

That's why i don't give a shit about the cap. Because the team has continued to function $ wise despite what overthecap.com and sportrac.com has.

And going back to Courtland, if he gets traded here, i fail to see the problem. Especially come November or December he's scoring a go-ahead tud to secure a division title. I wonder if anyone cares about the cap then.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, I want to see what Whittington can do.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you. Excited to see how he starts training camp. We know other WRs on the team are working out together. I hope the vets have been in contact with him and working out together.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah he's going to be fun to watch in preseason. I expect he'll be a good teams addition and also work his ass off in blocking and the dirty work. I don't expect him to be special as a weapon or anything, but he seems like the kind of guy who could get a role for McVay and deliver some good things for us as a young wideout. Meaning move the chains a bit, outlet underneath with solid hands, and good blocking.

I wonder how smart he is, and whether he's a potential Woody type. But just gonna enjoy watching him develop. He's another example of why this WR group is better than most around the league. Rams know what they like and do a great job getting those types. I think the only thing they have been a bit deficient on is their eye for the deep threat out wide who can stretch it or work back and help you. Though, in their favor they haven't exactly been drafting very high.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Same. I think they see him in a role similar to what Pharaoh Cooper played. Hopefully we get more than one or 2 good seasons out of him, unlike with Cooper. Whittington certainly has that dog in him, that's for sure.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Whittington might be the guy to step in where skow played:
STs stalwart and some routes in the passing game. He if can be an improvement, all the better.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Like I've posted elsewhere, Rams have 4 WR's that are very similar in size, talents, work ethic, speed, hands, YAC, etc.: Kupp, Puka, D.Rob & Whittington. Tutu is of course the outlier, but I think this is the plan -- make opposing D's guess as to who's playing what role. And if one goes down, they have basically the same guy to take his place.