The Los Angeles Rams Need to Trade for Courtland Sutton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Personally because it's very unrealistic as his base pay and his gameday active roster bonuses are far more than we can afford on the cap hit. Yes I get that things can be restructured or new deals can be done but as usual in these scenarios this writer mentions nothing about that which is an obstacle to a trade happening.

Man i mean this w/ all due respect. i don't give a shit about the cap....at this point w/ the our team handled all the past contracts, i've seen too many players come and go, signed and cut despite having this so called cap issue.

Cap gonna cap...all i care about is on-field.

Add again to that I think it's unrealistic for Denver to trade him especially when you look at their depth chart. Do we really thing an offensive mind like Asshole Face is going to trade his only reliable WR while running out a rookie QB? I dislike the guy as much or more than anybody but I doubt he's that stupid.

i'll give you this...if they get rid of Courtland they have Marvin Mims and a rookie as their 1-2, w/ a rookie QB.

Also I don't think Courtland Sutton is the last piece or even a piece that puts us over the top.

There's never a last piece. Players get hurt, roster is always being churned, the more the merrier. Courtland Sutton is a good WR.

It's because she also suggested that this could be Stafford and McVay's last run when Staffford has requested an extension and McVay has said he's here to stay (for now).

like it or not this is always gonna be the narrative since Rodney Harrison made that up a couple years ago and everyone gonna run with it...

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Garbage. This season, run what you brung.
We are fine.
2024 is going to be a big year for us.
Its all lining up for the NFL to get some "How do you like the RAMS now" as they get punched in the mouth.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
His game isn't speed, nor is it elite route running. He is a good athlete but what he adds is size, catch radius, possession. He'd help us of course, might even make our wideout group unstoppable with Stafford dealing with good protections and a run game. I mean in the redzone DBs would be shitting their pants. But I think speed is something we should prioritize if we were to make a move at wideout, because size and possession are two things we have. And also because we may need draft capital to solve LT next offseason.

Denver has a young QB who will be learning on the job. I like their WR draft addition. But they're going to need that possession option that Sutton provides, so if they move him it probably means he's unrealistic in his demands. Asshole Face is a lot of things, but one thing he's not is a poor judge of talent. So I would expect they try to make it work by letting him do the holdout thing then when his demands soften get him done.

If they do move him would the Rams be a top bidder? Seems unlikely to me. But you never know with the Rams of course. My guess though is that ship has sailed for the Rams even if he does get traded.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't see the move happening. Of course, many moves this regime has made blind sided me.

But he's had one 1000 yard season and would likely expect a contract bigger than any other Rams receiver. I just don't see a "me" type receiver contract being offered with our current receiver room.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
This makes me think that this writer was PAID by someone in Courtland's camp.
Beat writers for Buffalo don't write articles like this for no reason.

One should also wonder why a beat writer for the bills is suggesting the RAMS make the trade. The Rams’ WR corps is in a helluva lot better shape than the bills’.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
One should also wonder why a beat writer for the bills is suggesting the RAMS make the trade. The Rams’ WR corps is in a helluva lot better shape than the bills’.
Maybe she's bored.

nantucket9

UDFA
Name
nantucket9
Sutton would be a great get (as would other WR's I'm sure), but the main point made by that author is spot on: The Rams are razor thin at WR and if Kupp keeps getting injured, or if Puka (knock on wood) got hurt, the Ram WR corp would be a serious weakness. Another solid WR would be a very welcome addition. But at what $$ (salary cap?) cost etc etc...? Rams might have to roll the dice and hope the present starting WR group stays healthy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sutton would be a great get (as would other WR's I'm sure), but the main point made by that author is spot on: The Rams are razor thin at WR and if Kupp keeps getting injured, or if Puka (knock on wood) got hurt, the Ram WR corp would be a serious weakness. Another solid WR would be a very welcome addition. But at what $$ (salary cap?) cost etc etc...? Rams might have to roll the dice and hope the present starting WR group stays healthy.
It's tough to say. But the Rams seem to be looking to go more balanced at their attack and even maybe a little run heavy - though it always seems unlikely with McVay at the helm and Staff at QB.

I have to wonder if all the blocking the WRs are doing if that also wears them down.

I'm not opposed to the Rams signing another high end receiver but at what cost to other positions we may need like ILB.

I'd expect if they go that sort of route it may be more of a veteran, last contract receiver. Of course I don't pretend to know who that might be.

As far as Sutton goes though. I get the distinct feeling that not only does asshole face seem to hate the Rams under McVay but also was hoping he'd retire so that he'd come in to be the coach of our team. I remember an episode of Cowherd's show where he was pining for the Ram's job. Now that it doesn't seem to be a likely scenario, I think he would ask more from the Rams than any other team in the NFL.

Fuck asshole face and I really hope that if we work out something for Sutton, it's on a truly Rams friendly deal that fucks him in his sphincter looking pie hole.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man i mean this w/ all due respect. i don't give a shit about the cap
Well sorry for the rest of your response but it's kind of important on if a team can or cannot trade for a layer. The Rams currently need to clear at least $6 million from their cap to add Sutton. And that just puts us at the bare minimum range to even be able to add him. If you can't financially add a player why even go on to the rest. Rams have to give a shit about the cap and fortunately for us they do.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
(IMO)

1). I live in Colorado and watch Sutton play. His numbers are a reflection of the crummy QB play of Wilson & Company. He's a legit WR.
2). Not sure what the Rams would give up to add him to WR room? Tutu and Picks? His contract demands price him out of the Rams future 2025 and beyond.

The Broncos are in a rebuild. If Sutton came cheap at the trade deadline I hope the Rams deal for him. Other than that it's not worth it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
(IMO)

1). I live in Colorado and watch Sutton play. His numbers are a reflection of the crummy QB play of Wilson & Company. He's a legit WR.
2). Not sure what the Rams would give up to add him to WR room? Tutu and Picks? His contract demands price him out of the Rams future 2025 and beyond.

The Broncos are in a rebuild. If Sutton came cheap at the trade deadline I hope the Rams deal for him. Other than that it's not worth it.
TuTu seems to be a player asshole face might like. That may be the key if this were to go down. I still doubt it happens though. Take that for the grains of salt it's worth. I have no fucking clue what they're thinking. I just trust this regime like no other I've witnessed in my 56 years of fandom.

dang

Legend
I believe the Rams will run with what they have with an eye on cuts. But if they look playoff bound at the trade deadline I see them making a move at an impact position (WR, CB, EDGE??).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
TuTu seems to be a player asshole face might like. That may be the key if this were to go down. I still doubt it happens though. Take that for the grains of salt it's worth. I have no fucking clue what they're thinking. I just trust this regime like no other I've witnessed in my 56 years of fandom.

YEP - & glad it’s them making the choices. A lot of dodo thinking about trades.Funny how Atwell still isn’t respected by Rams Fans. I get the passing on Creed,but seriously what a joke that that his talent gets so overlooked.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We loaded up on the OL, the TEs and RBs. It will be interesting to see what our offense looks like this year. Could be a little different than in the past. I wouldn't mind seeing us Ram that ball down people's throats.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's tough to say. But the Rams seem to be looking to go more balanced at their attack and even maybe a little run heavy - though it always seems unlikely with McVay at the helm and Staff at QB.

I have to wonder if all the blocking the WRs are doing if that also wears them down.

I'm not opposed to the Rams signing another high end receiver but at what cost to other positions we may need like ILB.

I'd expect if they go that sort of route it may be more of a veteran, last contract receiver. Of course I don't pretend to know who that might be.

As far as Sutton goes though. I get the distinct feeling that not only does asshole face seem to hate the Rams under McVay but also was hoping he'd retire so that he'd come in to be the coach of our team. I remember an episode of Cowherd's show where he was pining for the Ram's job. Now that it doesn't seem to be a likely scenario, I think he would ask more from the Rams than any other team in the NFL.

Fuck asshole face and I really hope that if we work out something for Sutton, it's on a truly Rams friendly deal that fucks him in his sphincter looking pie hole.
I remember that interview. When McVay was rumored to be quitting Asshole Face was all over LA. I'd day he was definitely hoping to get the Rams or Chargers job. He took Denver by default but wanted either Stafford or Herbert as his QB. It was obvious from the start that he had no interest in arise sol Wilson.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams are razor thin at WR and if Kupp keeps getting injured, or if Puka (knock on wood) got hurt, the Ram WR corp would be a serious weakness.
The Rams are not razor thin at WR. They have two studs and hard working depth options. Kupp has always had a penchant for injury due to his physicality. Nacua is very similar in that respect. But Kupp has always bounced back and barring a situation where the medical reports are not good, which is possible given how tight lipped the Rams are, I am not inclined to bet against him. And Nacua is young.

What they need is that third heat. Speed. But they're not up shit creek or anything without it because there is enough quality for production plus McVay as a gameplanner. It is just that a field stretcher could really make the underneath weapons more dangerous and vice versa.

Now TE is a concern to some extent, but it's always been behind Kupp in regards to the pass game role, who is a TE/WR hybrid type. So the TE role has never carried a lot of weight in the pass game and they have enough talent to wait for Higs to return.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams are not razor thin at WR. They have two studs and hard working depth options. Kupp has always had a penchant for injury due to his physicality. Nacua is very similar in that respect. But Kupp has always bounced back and barring a situation where the medical reports are not good, which is possible given how tight lipped the Rams are, I am not inclined to bet against him. And Nacua is young.

What they need is that third heat. Speed. But they're not up shit creek or anything without it because there is enough quality for production plus McVay as a gameplanner. It is just that a field stretcher could really make the underneath weapons more dangerous and vice versa.

Now TE is a concern to some extent, but it's always been behind Kupp in regards to the pass game role, who is a TE/WR hybrid type. So the TE role has never carried a lot of weight in the pass game and they have enough talent to wait for Higs to return.
IMO - The Rams had a couple nice TE’s,but Higbee went down in the playoff game against Detroit. Never will understand the resigning in the middle of the season,especially to Tyler !!

My question is will he make it back before the season ends & will he really EVER comeback ?? I mean really comeback before he gets CUT in terms of EVER starting again as The Rams TE ?

Parkisan was a nice signing & has 3 years. Plus Davis Allen IMO is a STUD(steal) from last season.He pass 2 catch radius was sort of insane at one point.He has the size & work ethic which Ram Fans tend to really over look.

That said Hunter Long is a player I like,but Tyler Johnson is a WR no Ram Fan EVER TALKS about.

Who here likes when a player breaks a rookie record(Puka)? Then what RAMS FAN ever likes when The Rams beat the NINERS after LOSING 7 straight games.

Tyler Johnson had a TD catch to help beat them & disregard the streak.He also doesn’t get enough credit for his NFL career IMO.I think his signing really keeps a CORE GROUP together.
Tutu Atwell is TOUGHER than RAM FANS think & for his size has a nice catch radius when reach for a football.Him & Stafford have another season together.

If anyone watch Willie’s try to throw a deep ball & then season Matthew come in just to launch a pass to Tutu Atwell was pretty cool to see.Your like wait what. Who threw that & who’s he throwing it to ? Then you see the catch with #15 & look at the QB #9