The Los Angeles Rams Are Stuck In Uniform Purgatory

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not sure why they insist on waiting to change until the stadium is done. Would be cool to see them wear the blue and whites, if that is where they are headed, in the old stadium where they last wore them.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Not sure why they insist on waiting to change until the stadium is done. Would be cool to see them wear the blue and whites, if that is where they are headed, in the old stadium where they last wore them.

rules make them have to wait 2 years so they couldnt change til the 2018 season and probably figured, whats another year? would be better to unveil new stadium and unis same time. with the stadium pushed back a year I really hope they dont wait another year for the jerseys too

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Rams are stuck in uniform stupidity. It's just plain dumb not to choose to wear the best uniform in the NFL on a reg basis. And their white super bowl 14 unis haven't even been considered yet, it's always the home ones, which are great but the home-away combo was awesome.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Y’all sound like a bunch of women you’ll be moaning the rams cleats don’t match their pants next

I don’t care abou the uniform or how
It looks just get me W’s

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Rams just look moronic for putting white horns on the helmets before they can change the rest of it. I mean....that is just really amateurish and makes me wonder who the hell makes these decisions. It is like they WANT to make themselves look stupid. Blue and white to pander to the aging crowd instead of something more unique to appeal to a new generation??? Smart.

P.S. At 45 years of age, I consider myself part of the "aging crowd", but I just don't care for the Blue and Whites. There are already multiple teams with that scheme. The Royal and Canary is one of a kind, and it screams RAMS to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
. The Royal and Canary is one of a kind, and it screams RAMS to me.

IMHO, that is the scheme they will end up going with, but the wait is killing us softly.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What I don't want is some "modern" Nike bullcrap redesign. You know, with neon yellow accents around the numbers and "Rams" written down the side of the pants. Something that 20 years later fans will laugh at and say "what were the thinking?"

I agree, except it won't be 20 years, it'll be right away. Browns fans that I know hate the name on the pant leg and across the chest, it looks like a HS uniform.

Even the team and players dislike it. They are already planning a re-do.

The Rams just look moronic for putting white horns on the helmets before they can change the rest of it. I mean....that is just really amateurish and makes me wonder who the hell makes these decisions. I

That's Demoff. He may be the most tone deaf person who ever tried their hand at marketing, he's terrible.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's Demoff. He may be the most tone deaf person who ever tried their hand at marketing, he's terrible.

I disagree Les, they went blue & white because the Los Angeles contingency wanted that look and they could modify the current uniform as they will change their uniforms when they move into the new stadium so that is why they are making minor changes. The white horns look fine with the white on whites and it's the old gold the LA fans could not stand, so they removed it. Demoff has been listening, you and others just have to understand a new uniform will not be coming until the new stadium is completed.

Keep in mind all of us still embrace the philosophy that "Les is More."

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I remember a post where fan predominantly preferred the Royal Blue and Yellow, can't recall if it was on the official site or on here.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I disagree Les, they went blue & white because the Los Angeles contingency wanted that look and they could modify the current uniform as they will change their uniforms when they move into the new stadium so that is why they are making minor changes. The white horns look fine with the white on whites and it's the old gold the LA fans could not stand, so they removed it. Demoff has been listening, you and others just have to understand a new uniform will not be coming until the new stadium is completed.

Keep in mind all of us still embrace the philosophy that "Les is More."

I understand the uniform change is coming, and the rules surrounding it.

But the helmet doesn't match, it looks awful. The jersey looks bad with the pants and helmet. There are three different shades of blue being used. Fans hate the look overall.

The white on white is the closest thing to a decent combo they have.

They went to the white horns and let fans vote on the face mask color, the horn color was already decided. The pants having one stripe or two was the other vote, color was already decided.

FYI it's not just the LA area fans that disliked the old gold in large numbers, plenty of fans from all over didn't like it. I never liked it, at first it was OK but as time went by I liked it less and less.

Fan voting was done online, so we all had a say if we wanted.

Ants

Starter
I've started to actually hate (ok, that's a bit strong) the blue and yellow uniforms.
They just looked ugly and dated against Seattle.
Give me the updated Blue on blue, or blue & white...a little of that gold mixed in.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've started to actually hate (ok, that's a bit strong) the blue and yellow uniforms.
Give me the updated Blue on blue, or blue & white...a little of that gold mixed in.

They amped up the yellow a bit, they've done it before too. It's a little bit too much IMO.

7.-1999-Rams-e1473958712148-560x301.jpg

Ram65

Legend
I like the Colour Rush ones personally - the players look dangerous in them

Me to for some strange reason.

I don't mind the home whites this year. Love the white helmets. I can take the little gold.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Do you think it is possible that they're new colors will be blue, white and silver/grey instead of the gold?... the reason I ask is there is a lot of LA Rams apparel for sale out there with this exact color scheme...

Go Rams....... ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Do you think it is possible that they're new colors will be blue, white and silver/grey instead of the gold?... the reason I ask is there is a lot of LA Rams apparel for sale out there with this exact color scheme...

Go Rams....... ;)

There was also a helmet spotted on Demoff's desk a few years ago that had silver horns.

It would be smart to float different thing out there for the next few years and see what people respond to.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Purgatory? More like hell. Its an abomination, whats going on. I wince at every close up on game game day. And, man, I'd hate to see what kind of Herb Tarlek business collections some of you have in your closets but the gold and blue unis are hands down the best, with the gold horns, of course. The white away jerseys were some of the finest garments the league has ever been lucky enough to have promoted professional football. And it's not even close.