LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Stimulus check came in

So I bought this

Traeger Pro 34 wood pellet grill

View attachment 36764

Give us a FULL review if you could once you really get some time with it. I basically ignored my grill when I moved here and I need to replace it and doggone it have I had the itch to grill, smoke and other stuff, but it's a lot to research.

This was the one I was thinking of, so would love to hear your take on it!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
All those years of standing in front of amplifiers while playing in bands and going to clubs and concerts has come back to bite me in the ears. Went to an ear/nose/throat doctor and then to a group of audiologists and found out I have tinnitus and have lost most of the ability to hear high frequencies. Sometimes the ringing in the right ear gets so bad I go totally deaf.

This is tough for someone who records songs using headphones. I researched and bought some bone conduction headphones that bypass the ear drums and transmit the sound straight to the cochlea. So far so good.

Air - AfterShokz

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
All those years of standing in front of amplifiers while playing in bands and going to clubs and concerts has come back to bite me in the ears. Went to an ear/nose/throat doctor and then to a group of audiologists and found out I have tinnitus and have lost most of the ability to hear high frequencies. Sometimes the ringing in the right ear gets so bad I go totally deaf.

This is tough for someone who records songs using headphones. I researched and bought some bone conduction headphones that bypass the ear drums and transmit the sound straight to the cochlea. So far so good.

Air - AfterShokz
I had no idea these even existed.
Are they safer than headphones?

bluecoconuts

Legend

Air - AfterShokz

Very interesting, I too have tinnitus, did you notice a change in quality (rehearing old frequencies) or is it more a safety thing?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol. My DCI’s came out in 1993
Still love em
It’s been a long time since I played consistently and the DCI black was a bit upright, with age and putting on a few lBs My swing has flattened out a bit. Hope I can still hit them

I've been using a 4 year old Cobra F6 driver. I ain't changing anytime soon. Most forgiving driver I ever had. I don't hit the sweet spot as much as I should. But it still goes the same distance. I tried a demo Callaway for a round and didn't hit many fairways. It wasn't any more distance either. That just told me I'm sticking with my F6 until it falls apart. The rest of my bag is Adams. For some reason Adams has the best feel for me compared to other brands. I had a Taylormade set of irons for years, but I like the Adams better.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Got my Riddell mini helmet in the mail today

ramsnewhelmet30a.jpg

ramsnewhelmet31a.jpg
ramsnewhelmet32a.jpg

ramsnewhelmet37.jpg

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I had no idea these even existed.
Are they safer than headphones?

They minimize the possible damage because they bypass the ear drums but I still have to listen at a lower than normal volume. I'm connected to Bluetooth on my pc and can walk all around the house and still hear clearly.

It's a volume thing. Any headphones, including these, if listened to at a loud volume for too long may cause hearing damage. Earbuds are the worst. That ringing one hears after being in a club or concert with loud music is a sign that damage has been done. In most cases it goes away eventually but for me it didn't. There's a constant whooshing sound that is especially noticeable when it's quiet.

Bone conduction headphones

Very interesting, I too have tinnitus, did you notice a change in quality (rehearing old frequencies) or is it more a safety thing?

They aren't as good as regular headphones so I downloaded an equalizer to boost the higher frequencies. But only an audiophile like myself would notice the quality or lack of it. I'm very pleased with them. One of the interesting things I found out while doing the tests for tinnitus is that the hearing loss has affected my balance. There seems to be some crystals in the inner ear that have moved into areas they should not be. The human body is a strange thing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been using a 4 year old Cobra F6 driver. I ain't changing anytime soon. Most forgiving driver I ever had. I don't hit the sweet spot as much as I should. But it still goes the same distance. I tried a demo Callaway for a round and didn't hit many fairways. It wasn't any more distance either. That just told me I'm sticking with my F6 until it falls apart. The rest of my bag is Adams. For some reason Adams has the best feel for me compared to other brands. I had a Taylormade set of irons for years, but I like the Adams better.
I'm so hooked on golf again, no pun intended. Love this Taylormade driver I bought, although I'm really struggling to hit it. (Archer not the arrow).
Played a round last week with a buddy of mine, we had a 6:18 am tee time. Was home at my computer with a cup of coffee at 9:45 am. That's how it should be done.
My game is actually quite horrible, but I am loving playing again. Its weird, I used to play low 80's, would touch 70 once in awhile, and just always felt so much pressure on every shot. Would play every course from the tips back then, would have multiple money matches going on. Now I'm hacking away from the white tees, probably wouldnt break 100 if I added up the score, but cant wait to get back out there the minute I'm finished.....
My short game is amazingly good considering how long I've been away from the game.
I still have an Adams Tight lies 4/5 wood in my bag. Its the only "wood" I've ever been able to hit off the turf

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm so hooked on golf again, no pun intended. Love this Taylormade driver I bought, although I'm really struggling to hit it. (Archer not the arrow).
Played a round last week with a buddy of mine, we had a 6:18 am tee time. Was home at my computer with a cup of coffee at 9:45 am. That's how it should be done.
My game is actually quite horrible, but I am loving playing again. Its weird, I used to play low 80's, would touch 70 once in awhile, and just always felt so much pressure on every shot. Would play every course from the tips back then, would have multiple money matches going on. Now I'm hacking away from the white tees, probably wouldnt break 100 if I added up the score, but cant wait to get back out there the minute I'm finished.....
My short game is amazingly good considering how long I've been away from the game.
I still have an Adams Tight lies 4/5 wood in my bag. Its the only "wood" I've ever been able to hit off the turf

I do enjoy the game. I think once I accept that I'm not Arnold Palmer, it will take pressure off my game. I'm a high handicapper. I know it. I hit some beautiful shots sometimes. Sink some long putts on occasion. But I also hit some gawd awful shots too. The life of a high handicapper. I usually break 100, but not by much. I'm thinking breaking 90 is asking too much. I'm 64 years old and I can still hit a 250 yard plus drive at least once or twice a round. Not much technique. Instead of watching videos to gain distance, I figure just swing harder. Works for me. Besides, I can never figure out what the guy is trying to say in those videos. What the hell does "Transfer the weight in your hips" even mean?

CeeZar

Rookie
Only 6.5 months waiting for the ATF. I wasn't expecting these to clear until August or September. Now I just need to get a Form 1 for the Banshee and a better optic. :giggle:

IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My next purchase.
IMG_20200628_175525632.jpg

I have a turret loader but that is what I use for my hunting loads. This will be primarily for pistol and AR rounds so I can load a bunch at a time. I'm also buying the auto feed system for it. When I go shooting, I like to shoot a LOT.

CeeZar

Rookie
IMG_0981.JPG

I went with the Dillon 650 about 8 years ago or so. Looking back I should have bought 1100. I waited far too long to buy a bullet feeder. This is a Mr. Bulletfeeder and it works like a charm. If you haven't already decided, just buck up and buy a bullet feeder with the press.

The wife and I both shoot IDPA and in a good year can go through 10K+ of 9mm between matches and practice I also load 5.56 with this and with SMK 77s get 3/4 MOA. That's pretty good for ammo loaded on a progressive. But I know my loads are holding me back and so my next purchase is a turret press as I want to shoot the AR out to 800 yards with sub MOA. If I enjoy the medium range stuff, this hobby will get expensive(r) as I won't be happy until I'm reaching out to 1200+ yards.

And too think I gave up golf because it was too expensive and time consuming....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
View attachment 37118

I went with the Dillon 650 about 8 years ago or so. Looking back I should have bought 1100. I waited far too long to buy a bullet feeder. This is a Mr. Bulletfeeder and it works like a charm. If you haven't already decided, just buck up and buy a bullet feeder with the press.

The wife and I both shoot IDPA and in a good year can go through 10K+ of 9mm between matches and practice I also load 5.56 with this and with SMK 77s get 3/4 MOA. That's pretty good for ammo loaded on a progressive. But I know my loads are holding me back and so my next purchase is a turret press as I want to shoot the AR out to 800 yards with sub MOA. If I enjoy the medium range stuff, this hobby will get expensive(r) as I won't be happy until I'm reaching out to 1200+ yards.

And too think I gave up golf because it was too expensive and time consuming....
I looked at the Dillons but I tend to like the finish and smoothness of Hornady. My turret is a great unit but I want to be able to literally crank them out. The RCBS powder measurer is really inaccurate. There's no way I can do loads without going into the scale first and then using my trickle feeder to bring it to dead on balls. I have an electric case trimmer/primer hole cleaner and use them religiously as my hunting loads can do some significant case stretching. With target loads, you are likely not pushing velocities so much as you are finding that sweet load. Still, I would have one if you don't already.

So while on the subject... Where are you getting your powder? That and primers are being a bitch to come by.

I have tons of brass from the ranges and stuff I've bought and bout a shitload of bullets at gun shows over the years. I really need a good source for non-hunting powders and primers.

Last edited:

CeeZar

Rookie
I looked at the Dillons but I tend to like the finish and smoothness of Hornady. My turret is a great unit but I want to be able to literally crank them out. The RCBS powder measurer is really inaccurate. There's no way I can do loads without going into the scale first and then using my trickle feeder to bring it to dead on balls. I have an electric case trimmer/primer hole cleaner and use them religiously as my hunting loads can do some significant case stretching. With target loads, you are likely not pushing velocities so much as you are finding that sweet load. Still, I would have one if you don't already.

So while on the subject... Where are you getting your powder? That and primers are being a bitch to come by.

I have tons of brass from the ranges and stuff I've bought and bout a shitload of bullets at gun shows over the years. I really need a good source for non-hunting powders and primers.

for powder, primers, and rifle bullets. I get pistol bullets typically from Precision Delta or Bayou Bullets depending on what I'm loading. With the occasionally runs on supplies we've been seeing for the last 10 year or so, I buy primers in 10K lots and powder in 8# lots so I have plenty on hand to weather the storm. This also spreads out the hazmat shipping charge.

I just use range pickups for pistol brass and AR plinking rounds. For the AR "precision"ish rounds I bought 1K of once-fired Lake City brass a couple of years ago and I think I'm on my second loading with those. They should be good for a couple more. I'll need to buy some fancy new brass from Lapua or Norma if I get nice turret press and all the fancy stuff you have for your hunting loads.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Just closed on 30 acres in Versailles Ky today.

Gonna build my house this year. I won’t be moving again - i may buy more land but this town is where I’ll be growing old. My hero Sam Shepard lived and died up the road so I’ll be fixing to copy my hero. I love this country.

Seeing all the rifles you guys are posting is getting me itchy. Having pistols in SB was verboten so i can’t wait to get my Wilson combat 1911 here soon.

549FBB7A-5BE6-409B-A2AE-EA1FCC45631E.png

B20B42D2-2F7B-4A53-945B-19E8710EAA1A.jpeg

BC0C7841-A5F2-4C08-B745-AF380236AD1B.jpeg

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Gonna build my house this year. I won’t be moving again - i may buy more land but this town is where I’ll be growing old. My hero Sam Shepard lived and died up the road so I’ll be fixing to copy my hero. I love this country.

Seeing all the rifles you guys are posting is getting me itchy. Having pistols in SB was verboten so i can’t wait to get my Wilson combat 1911 here soon.

View attachment 37122
View attachment 37120
View attachment 37121
Good God that's gorgeous. I'm jealous.

CeeZar

Rookie

View attachment 37122
View attachment 37120
View attachment 37121

I'm not sure what is nicer, your property or a Wilson Combat 1911. Possibly a tie :)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
for powder, primers, and rifle bullets. I get pistol bullets typically from Precision Delta or Bayou Bullets depending on what I'm loading. With the occasionally runs on supplies we've been seeing for the last 10 year or so, I buy primers in 10K lots and powder in 8# lots so I have plenty on hand to weather the storm. This also spreads out the hazmat shipping charge.

I just use range pickups for pistol brass and AR plinking rounds. For the AR "precision"ish rounds I bought 1K of once-fired Lake City brass a couple of years ago and I think I'm on my second loading with those. They should be good for a couple more. I'll need to buy some fancy new brass from Lapua or Norma if I get nice turret press and all the fancy stuff you have for your hunting loads.
Thanks man.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

View attachment 37122
View attachment 37120
View attachment 37121
Needs a few of these to knock that grass down.
IMG_2924.JPG