The FIGHT is on (five years late?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
I want to go on record right now and state that I would not pull out. :sneaky:

That face has seen a lot of mileage, (girl 2) but dat ass(girl 1)! :eek::X3:

Here's a better pic of this Meisha Taint though.

Miesha%20Tate%20em%20ensaio%202.jpg

Anyway, this "FIGHT", and I'm no big boxing fan anyway, just seems several, several years too late. Like, two old guys mucking about, too late.

I'm convinced this is Mayweather waiting until Paq is old enough for him to risk his rep taking a nose dive after getting his ass whooped.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Mac---that is Miesha Taint.

I'd know that butt anywhere.

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=miesha-Taint-12-04-11-10-48-53-793.jpg
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks she's as sexy as hell. Something about girls with big noses that I like. She was Rousey's best opponent so far.

The boxing fight is too late, and boxing is too fixed to be credible anymore. I'm a MMA guy now. There are still some bad decisions once in a while, but not like boxing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just hope Pacquaio tags him early so that Mayweather is forced to exchange like in the Judah and Moseley fights.

Otherwise, it will be the Tour de Las Vegas with Mayweather in the Maillot Jeune...

If I wanna see a guy on a bicycle, I'll go to the beach. Hopefully, that's not how it goes, but that's how I fear it will.

fearsomefour

Legend
I just hope Pacquaio tags him early so that Mayweather is forced to exchange like in the Judah and Moseley fights.

Otherwise, it will be the Tour de Las Vegas with Mayweather in the Maillot Jeune...

If I wanna see a guy on a bicycle, I'll go to the beach. Hopefully, that's not how it goes, but that's how I fear it will.
Manny comes straight ahead, Mayweather is a great counter puncher....does not bode well for Manny. Plus Floyd is a bigger guy....he will pot shot him and pick Manny apart I think.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Manny cuts off the ring. He doesn't stupidly pursue or simply pressure by coming straight ahead. The only time Pacquiao got caught, it was after he had hurt JMM and he got reckless.

If anything, Pacquiao is known for bringing punches from all angles which requires lots of both in and out as well as side to side action.

As for bigger, the bigger puncher BY FAR is Manny. Ask any fighter who's fought both and it's no contest; Manny's the much, much bigger fighter as far as throwing the bigger shots. Moreover, Mayweather will do nothing to utilize his weight advantage.

Will he muscle Manny against the ropes?
Will he try to bully him inside?
Will he use his weight to ANY advantage?

No. Plus, he'll have more weight to carry later into the fight. That would be okay if Mayweather were fast in the late rounds in the last 5 years or if he were still taking no damage. None of that is true anymore.

Mayweather has never been hit like he's gonna be hit. My only question is after he gets hit... Does he run and hope for a hometown decision or does he go to war.

If Mayweather wants to be the greatest ever, he has to BEAT Manny...he can't hold and run his way to a crap Vegas decision. If he earns a victory, more power to him. It will mean he beat Manny.

I don't see it. I think Manny clocks him or Mayweather bitches out and runs like he's Forrest Gump.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
To disrespect the sheer brilliance of the Rope-a-Dope is to deny perhaps the single greatest fight strategy ever devised for a single fight in Boxing History.

Listening to Mayweather now is like listening to a dog loudly lick his own crotch. It ain't right, it sure don't sound right and you're pretty sure he's gonna leave a stain when he's done.

fearsomefour

Legend
I heard a guy saying that the most money has come in on a draw....that doesn't mean the fight is fixed, it just means people think it is.
I am putting some money down no Mayweather in a decision.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Just watched the pre-fight presser and Mayweather didn't look right. He looked introspective, reflective and a little overwhelmed by the scope of the whole thing. That's the wrong place for Mayweather to be.

Manny, otoh, looked a little too happy which also was the wrong place to be.

This fight is setting up to be a major dud... Dammit.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Disgusting fight. Mayweather ran and held most of the fight and while he may have done "just enough" to win... He sure as hell did NOT BEAT Manny. Hell, they barely met in the damn ring.

Shit fight thanks to Mayweather not engaging. Pernell Whitaker was a defensive demon and still had a wicked offense.

I want my my money back.

This is why I love Mexican fighters. They have heart. This gutless wonder.... Sometimes you have to go to war... This guy wouldn't know anything more than a slap fight.

What a bitch. Maybe Manny should have worn a dress into the ring. Maybe then Mayweather would have tried to hit him...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Mayweather can't be beat. Hate his style all you want, but he's the champ.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Yep, whomever scored it 118-110 was definitely watching a different fight to me...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Mayweather can't be beat. Hate his style all you want, but he's the champ.

It's not his style. I know boxing. My grandfather introduced Larry Holmes to boxing and in my youth, I was a bookie. My record in picking fights over the first 120 fights was 108-12. I picked Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson in Tokyo.

It's not about style. Against Zab Judah, Mayweather had maybe his toughest fight and he had to FIGHT him.

Mayweather sold this as part of his quest to be the best ever. Based on who Mayweather fought and based on how this fight was billed, Mayweather needed to BEAT Manny. He barely boxed Manny.

This wasn't fought as a PPV fight. This was barely a headline HBO or SHO fight.

For $100, they all needed to fight like it was Gatti-Ward, Hagler-Hearns, Tyson-Holyfield. There was NO urgency.

I love defensive fighters. Andre Ward, Winky Wright, Sweet Pea...

Maybe I'm just mad I got sold a shitty fight. And it was a shitty fight.

Athos

Legend
Boring hug it out match.

Might as well have played kum-bah-yah during the fight.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
That fight was anti climatic... With the eye test Pac should have won but Floyd got more counter so I get it. I just feel like he just stood around for most of the fight.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh, I have no problem with Mayweather's style. I knew what it was going in. What blows me away watching him is how quick he is and the reflexes he has. It's like the guy he's fighting is punching in slow motion.

Do I wish Mayweather was more of an offensive fighter? Yes. There were a couple spots during the fight where he caught Pacquiao and had a chance to take it to him but didn't want to risk it. But that's who Mayweather is and you gotta respect how good he is at what he does.

For me, it's like watching Peyton Manning or Tom Brady mentally pick apart a defense. Not always the most entertaining thing to watch but you just gotta respect the work they're putting in.