The doldrums

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
This is the part of the year I loathe the most - no real NFL news. What do you all do to pass the time?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think I need to get out more.

hqdefault.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I make crazy mock offseasons at this time of the year. What else can I do? I mean, Spring Training for baseball's barely began, and the hockey trade deadline (and eventual draft; I think the Blues may very well have at least three first round picks) isn't here yet. So...yeah, making crazy mock offseasons.

dang

Legend
This is the part of the year I loathe the most - no real NFL news. What do you all do to pass the time?
Play golf, bowl, watch college basketball, happy hours, check out new restaurants, day trips, play poker, go to music venues to watch bands, follow NFL free agency, watch the NFL draft, etc. But take a break from the day to day NFL news stream to be fresh minded come August. Go Rams!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
For me it's May through mid-June. After the late-April Draft and some post-Draft Free Agency signings when teams fill-out their rosters. That six week period, most coaches and players are not even in the building.

This time is quiet but I think there's a ton going-on.

The 2023 League Year starts on March 15. Before then, every team must get below the salary cap (almost half are currently over the cap) and apply Franchise Tags. Restricted and Exclusive Rights free agents will need to be tendered, or will become unrestricted free agents. A few pending free agents will sign extensions because their teams don't want to risk losing them. All this has to be worked-out in less than four weeks.

Then you have coaching staff hires, and plenty of early Draft news. We will see some players cut and others restructure their contracts for cap relief.

No, I view this as a critical time where teams are strategizing their roster-plans, and beginning the implementation of those plans.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Watch the LA Kings battle for a play off spot. We are in second place now but its going to be tight the rest of the way and gotta keep winning to ensure a spot in the post season.
GKG!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I shopped for tickets to a Yankees/Braves spring training game. Found them too!

4 more weeks and free agency starts.

4 more weeks and the draft publications come out.

We'll have plenty to talk about/debate/complain.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch the LA Kings battle for a play off spot. We are in second place now but its going to be tight the rest of the way and gotta keep winning to ensure a spot in the post season.
GKG!!

~ArkyRamsFan~
I'll join you! Still in awe of that 2nd Stanley Cup they won in 2014, against all odds.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'll join you! Still in awe of that 2nd Stanley Cup they won in 2014, against all odds.
Amen brother. I still pull up the highlight vids of the 2012 and 2014 Stanley cup runs and still get goose bumps watching the boys pull out one nail biting win after another.
Hopefully some of our youngins' can up their game for another Cup run!

~ArkyRamsFan~

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The great thing about the NFL… there is always something going on and something to talk about.

Up next Free Agency!

For the sport of football we’ll put up game day threads for the XFL and enjoy that league. The XFL seems to be a testing ground for rules and other things that make their way to the NFL. And the 2020 version of the XFL was good football.

oldnotdead

Legend
I'm retired and my GF does door dash. She makes a pretty good living doing that. With a Toyota hybrid, the corolla gas isn't a killer. She works an average of 5 hours and makes about $100. So she and i have plenty of time to do things without money worries. She has a cosmetology license but makes more on door dash LOL.

I don't mind the offseason as I love NFL football but when it's done it's fishing, sightseeing, and going out to dinner time. She goes to concerts with her sisters and cousins, while her brothers come over for poker night.

It's why I don't mind paying $5/mo for NFL+ because I can go out and do things and come home and watch the full game when it's blacked out in AZ. For anyone looking for access to out of market games that's the way to go. The games are available 10 min after they end. Lots of times I will go fishing and come home in the afternoon and watch the game when I get home. I love the NFL but it's only a small part of my life.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I make crazy mock offseasons at this time of the year. What else can I do? I mean, Spring Training for baseball's barely began, and the hockey trade deadline (and eventual draft; I think the Blues may very well have at least three first round picks) isn't here yet. So...yeah, making crazy mock offseasons.

How are your Blues Mocks. I got into a LA Kings thread pridicting what they needed & how close they were.
Baseball is a different thing in itself.I’m an Angels Fan & the last 10 years with Trout sucked.That guy the Cards had Grinich? An outfield Stoneman drafted before Trout.He was a good GM,that didn’t spend.He didn’t ruin the team though by over spending.He brought in Vlade & won a World Series.Built the team the right way.
—My question would be how good are The Cards going to be? If NFL(Rams) offense wins championships,is there a better team on paper.There is a rookie pitcher & infielder that will be awesome. The pitcher staff is my ?
I can’t Mock Draft - It kills me months ahead.As a Ram Fan I use to do it before Christmas,just looking. Those standout players don’t go away & Rams needs are what I focus on now as days.
I thought 2020 trade up for Taylor RB trade up for Dickerson C/G & take CB Bryant(Hags).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Apparently, I work too much. I should schedule a vacation for this time of year instead.