The Beauty of a Perfect Tornado

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Wife and I are certified weather spotters so have seen a few in my time. Have been in a couple of minor ones. Had a forming one go over my house and then touchdown less than a half mile north of my house last year and another a mile south a few years back so have hunkered down in my house a few times. We don't have a basement so you're basically just sitting in a bathtub hoping it's not your time to go lol. Currently searching for a new house and a basement is a requirement.

Sound advice from the instructor we got our weather spotter certification from "If you're watching a tornado and it's getting bigger than you're on the wrong side of it."
How does one become a certified weather spotter and who offers such a certification? I spot weather all the time. It was sunny out today. I spotted it immediately.

Psycho_X

Legend
How does one become a certified weather spotter and who offers such a certification? I spot weather all the time. It was sunny out today. I spotted it immediately.
National Weather Service. Take a couple of free classes in person all though I think they are doing some virtually now. May vary from state to state I'm not sure. It's been 20+ years since I took mine so may be different idk. It's not very hard either way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

the most detailed video of a tornado wreaking havoc. super high definition.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

this guy videos a tornado coming straight at him and then over him. put the volume up to really experience the horror.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@kurtfaulk , you need to move to Kansas...We call it The (other) Land of Oz and have been known to have a tornado or two.....lol. You too, @CGI_Ram

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I’ve seen many waterspouts from the beach in Florida.

Once was speaking at a seminar at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale when the wind kicked up outside to a point that the whole room was distracted. Turned out that a tornado hit the executive airport next door and flipped a bunch of small planes.