The Beauty of a Perfect Tornado

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the full life cycle of a spectacular tornado in the middle of nowhere.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Have you ever seen one?

Anyone?

I have always thought it would be fun to participate with storm chasers.

Despite living in Missouri for 30yrs… I never saw one. Tons of bad storms. Tons of basement trips. Closest was about 1/2 mile, at night, F1 (very small one).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you ever seen one?

sydney isn't known for tornado activity.

i feel like there was a mini one in our suburb a few years ago during a bad storm, even though it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the news. the damage caused was very centralised, as in it seemed like the damage was in a straight path instead of widespread damage. trees fell down in a stretch and then all the others untouched. obviously it wasn't a tornado because there was no video of one but the damage was tornado like.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

That was fascinating!

I now will now proceed down the rabbit hole with the many questions this video produced.

Thanks for sharing brother!

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Have you ever seen one?

Anyone?

Despite living in Missouri for 30yrs… I never saw one. Tons of bad storms. Tons of basement trips. Closest was about 1/2 mile, at night, F1 (very small one).
A very long time ago I saw a water spout around where Newport Beach is. Took a while for me to figure out what it was.

Very very small but distinct enough to make the evening news.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
California is not known for tornadoes. But there is usually a small one that might touch down for a few seconds somewhere almost every spring. The worst I've ever seen was the summer dirt devils on the dry farm land. Part of me thinks it would be cool to see one up close. The other part of me thinks I'm crazy for thinking that.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve personally seen two up close(1- Colorado, 1- Iowa). Both monster, F3s.

Watched an F5 20 years ago from 40-50 miles away. Thankfully I believe no casualties, just a great deal of farm land destroyed.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
When I got out of the Navy I went into OTR trucking. I was on a home load run and was in Southern Illinois when one hit. About 10 miles or so ahead of me. I could see it. Pretty good size, but in the middle of nowhere. Still fucking scary. Living in Central Missouri. There are tornados all the time at the beginning and into summer. I've luckily never had one hit me. But, they have hit close. We had some straight line winds hit 7-8 years ago that fucked some stuff up.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Have you ever seen one?

Anyone?

Seen 4, been in 1. I'd rather do 6 hours of a hurricane than 30 seconds in a tornado. (although hurricanes spawn tornadoes, you just don't see them because your ass is hunkered down.)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fuck tornadoes. Not a lot of things in nature truly scare me, but tornadoes do. Closest one hit when I lived in Florissant. The next closest was Maryland Heights. Never again.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck tornadoes. Not a lot of things in nature truly scare me, but tornadoes do. Closest one hit when I lived in Florissant. The next closest was Maryland Heights. Never again.
We'll get you a smaller, kinder tornado....F1 or F2?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

get a load of this guy.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wife and I are certified weather spotters so have seen a few in my time. Have been in a couple of minor ones. Had a forming one go over my house and then touchdown less than a half mile north of my house last year and another a mile south a few years back so have hunkered down in my house a few times. We don't have a basement so you're basically just sitting in a bathtub hoping it's not your time to go lol. Currently searching for a new house and a basement is a requirement.

Sound advice from the instructor we got our weather spotter certification from "If you're watching a tornado and it's getting bigger than you're on the wrong side of it."

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve never seen a funnel cloud, but I have been involved in two rain wrapped tornados. Believe it or not, one was in Ontario, Canada on my way back to Detroit in A Tour bus. There were trees next to the highway that looked like they were getting swirled in a washing machine right next to me. Another time a rain wrapped tornado moved the tail end of the bus around pretty violently near KCI airport in North Kansas City, MO. (found out about it later that it was a tornado and not straight winds)

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
have seen a couple , small ones , F1' s

always touched down in the middle of a corn field , and didn't do much damage , other then the corn , and a few cribs

there has been a few larger ones in the area , but I never personally saw them

one story I always like to tell , is one night , the wife and I were out walking our dog , we were right next to our church , which is about 7 or 8 blocks from our house , well , the Tornado siren went off , so we started for home , but I'm pretty sure everyone in town came out of their house , and started looking at the sky , trying to see through all the trees

you would think that when a Tornado siren goes off , that would mean , head for the basement , but nope , what a Tornado siren really means is , everyone leave your house and go stand in the middle of the street

just thought it was funny