The Bears Have No Choice But to Trade Mitchell Trubisky

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder
The Bears Have No Choice But to Trade Mitchell Trubisky Before Training Camp

The Chicago Bears spent three years being patient with Mitchell Trubisky. There was no other choice after the team traded up to the No. 2 overall pick to draft him back in 2017.

Yet the patience seemingly went out the window this offseason when they traded for Nick Foles. The veteran is looking to rebound after signing a four-year, $88 million deal in Jacksonville last year, only to play in four games and go 0-4 as a starter. As of now the acquisition sets up a quarterback competition. However, that would only complicate things further, and the Bears can simplify all of this by trading Trubisky.

View: https://twitter.com/lriddickespn/status/1240334037551587328?s=21

The only positive would be if adding Foles lit a fire under Trubisky, and he suddenly lived up to his potential, as it's highly unlikely the veteran opts out of his current contract, which is scheduled to pay him just under $15 million in 2021 and over $20 million in 2022 in his 32 and 33 seasons.

View: https://twitter.com/nicholasmoreano/status/1242223505749532672?s=21

But based on past results, Trubisky is not going to earn a second contract in Chicago. He has sputtered along and only threw for 3,138 yards and 17 touchdowns last season. He also finished with just 9.6 yards per completion and averaged only 209.2 yards per game.

Adding Foles' huge contract, even with the opt-outs, doesn't make sense if the plan is to keep Trubisky. It's simply too large of a financial hit. Ryan Pace ought to cut his losses and trade the former UNC QB while he still can.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I don’t know how excited I’d be about the prospect of Foles being my teams qb. He was serviceable but inconsistent pretty much everywhere except philly, and he had a similar situation in Jax handed to him. Bortles, like Trubisky, is physically gifted but doesn’t seem to have developed the mental side of it. Bortles is released and Foles is the guy, Foles goes 0-4, gets hurt and can’t get his job back from Minshew mania. Everyone assumed he’d be the guy in Jax, for whatever reason he wasn’t, now it looks like a competition with Trubisky.
Foles was about to retire before he went to Philly, is he the long term answer in Chicago? Doesn’t seem like a smart bet, and if Foles is your qb you better have a good backup. He’s not the most durable.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I wouldn't trade Mitch for the simple reason that it's 50-50 on whether or not Foles works out. The OP may like the 'fit' with Foles & Nagy but there's no guarantee. What's Chicago's fall-back if Foles doesn't work by the bye week??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don’t know how excited I’d be about the prospect of Foles being my teams qb. He was serviceable but inconsistent pretty much everywhere except philly, and he had a similar situation in Jax handed to him. Bortles, like Trubisky, is physically gifted but doesn’t seem to have developed the mental side of it. Bortles is released and Foles is the guy, Foles goes 0-4, gets hurt and can’t get his job back from Minshew mania. Everyone assumed he’d be the guy in Jax, for whatever reason he wasn’t, now it looks like a competition with Trubisky.
Foles was about to retire before he went to Philly, is he the long term answer in Chicago? Doesn’t seem like a smart bet, and if Foles is your qb you better have a good backup. He’s not the most durable.

As Ram fans we know JARED GOFF is by far better than Nick Foles.

I will start off by saying Nick Foles played well for The Rams & Fisher ruined him for a minute.It was cool to see the NFC West Championship with Foles & Keenum.

The Rams could have & should have kept both QB’s & built there team solid. Snisher didn’t go that way & lucky for Ram fans it became MCSNEAD.I look back & know The Rams have had a lot of talent & Snisher could not coach them up.

I had a big future bet on The Rams to win over 7 games. Whatever it was ? Just know Greg the Leg missed against Baltimore & Nick Foles should have been put in when Keenum had a Concussion.One of the Grossest things I have seen on a football field. Pissed at REGGIE for making a stand. FISher has that much control?

The Dog Killer game, Foles had a TD pass to Kendrick 5 thumbs dropped it.

The Clay hit was bad.Funny how people complain about The Rams O”Line now with an excellent young squad Kromer is building. Foles was not the same after that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Foles will get a gig with every team in the league by the time he retires. He'll be the new Josh McCown.

Ram65

Legend
I have been thinking Trubisky doesn't read defenses and see the open man. He runs early and often, One thing about Foles is he was decisive in Philly. He made quick decisions and throws. The Bears have to keep Trubisky as Foles gets hurt a lot. It's not a big spend to keep Tubisky.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Not sure I would trust Foles. He has had a weird career. He has only ever looked like a competent QB with Philly and has looked pretty bad with the rest of the teams he played for. I know one thing is for sure, if I was a Bears fan, I would not feel good about the upcoming season with those two.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious but on the “top 6” who do you have?
I think the obvious ones are
1 Mahomes
2 Rodgers
3 Wilson

Are we talking Brees and Brady 4 & 5? For a career sure, but for 2020 and beyond? No way.

arguable qbs
Wentz, Watson, Ryan?

Easily top 10
Arguably top 7

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

giphy.gif

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be interesting if Goff played behind the boys OL and Dak played behind ours. Dallas also has a big threat with Elliot that we no longer have.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just curious but on the “top 6” who do you have?
I think the obvious ones are
1 Mahomes
2 Rodgers
3 Wilson

Are we talking Brees and Brady 4 & 5? For a career sure, but for 2020 and beyond? No way.

arguable qbs
Wentz, Watson, Ryan?

Easily top 10
Arguably top 7
Yeah i have him at the bottom of the top 10.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And you would be right because their Goff opinion comes from Hardknocks, ESPN heads, water cooler talk, soundbites and high(low)lights. It's a narrative.
If those fans had actually watched his games they'd say he's good, uber talented but has underachieved in stretches.

I would also trust the objective opinion of a Dallas fan on Prescott over anyone here, but i certainly wouldn't give a rats ass of that Dallas fans opinion on Goff. "I saw him throw 3 INT's in a game once. He sucks."

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As far as Goff goes he is still ascending & the better passer.The Rams passing game will be elite in 2020. I say F” all Ram fans that don’t believe that. Then again I will eat Crow if they aren’t.
My question on Elliot is is he better now than ever??How many years,does he have left to be a top back?How will his numbers compare against Gurley when both careers are over ? Will be interesting to see down the road?

Da Bears brought Foles in to push Mitch T. . Cam Newton would have been the better choice to have at QB?
Nick Foles will not start & there will not be a trade.