The 70's Were A Magic Decade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My parents were somewhat well to do and we had gasp - a second black and white 13 inch TV in the house

I would RUNNNNNN to that TV when LW was on

Our living room TV was in color - oh my
But WE had a wall mounted AC unit in SoCal!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reminds me of my best friend in the late 70s

He was born ONE DAY (ONE FRICKEN DAY) after me and always called me the old man
We were raised to respect our elders....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeez - it only got hot in LA for one week in August (unless you lived in the valley or riverside)
I don't know where you lived, but it was VERY hot In Whittier. Multiple days in the 100's, 3rd stage smog alerts....No humidity like in Houston (lived there for a couple of years), but it was hot.

Tano

Legend
I don't know where you lived, but it was VERY hot In Whittier. Multiple days in the 100's, 3rd stage smog alerts....No humidity like in Houston (lived there for a couple of years), but it was hot.
I grew up in San Pedro went to college in Fullerton live in Glendale for awhile and then moved to Redondo Beach

None of those places were very hot the majority of the year - might get into the 90s every now and then in the summer and fall

I love it when in the 80s especially if there is a breeze

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I grew up in San Pedro went to college in Fullerton live in Glendale for awhile and then moved to Redondo Beach

None of those places were very hot the majority of the year - might get into the 90s every now and then in the summer and fall

I love it when in the 80s especially if there is a breeze
San Pedro is on the coast and so that would be cooler/cold even!

Tano

Legend
San Pedro is on the coast and so that would be cooler/cold even!
Some days it would get cold in the winter. I would have to wear "gasp" a windbreaker

Yes I wore those when I was a teenager - I was such a nerd

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some days it would get cold in the winter. I would have to wear "gasp" a windbreaker

Yes I wore those when I was a teenager - I was such a nerd
How many "Member's Only" jackets did you own?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I love how everybody is saying "and we survived!"

No. Bunches of you died which is why they changed shit. What you're experiencing is called survivorship bias.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love how everybody is saying "and we survived!"

No. Bunches of you died which is why they changed shit. What you're experiencing is called survivorship bias.
Survivors get to write the history!

RojuNj7.gif

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I know more songs by Queen, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, ELO and Boston than all the artists that have charted in the last 20 years.

I subscribe to the Professor of Rock -- he goes back to a week in the seventies/eighties/nineties looks at the top ten, recalibrates and then compares it to the top ten of today. Worth a look if you haven't.

Tano

Legend
No offense to the seventies and eighties, but the nineties was the era I was born in, and thus, the best. It had some of the best cartoons, the music, the movies, etc.

Again, I'm biased, but that's just me.
The music in the 90s?????? Eww

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
The music in the 90s?????? Eww

There was some funny stuff in the nineties ….

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I subscribe to the Professor of Rock -- he goes back to a week in the seventies/eighties/nineties looks at the top ten, recalibrates and then compares it to the top ten of today. Worth a look if you haven't.

Dr. Demento had an incredible (massive) collection of albums back in the day, his radio show was epic and his historical knowledge of obscure music & artists is possibly unmatched. He did a 4 hour local L.A. show that was also syndicated nationally at 2 hours.

And let's not forget the infamous Wolfman Jack, best remembered from the movie American Graffiti. He'd make rock tapes in L.A. and ship them across the border to Mexico where they could be broadcast on the strongest transmitter in North America. Such a powerful transmitter was illegal in the U.S., you could actually drive from the West Coast to the East Coast and never lose his signal on your car radio.

Tano

Legend
There was some funny stuff in the nineties ….

I would change the radio station if any of those 35 songs came on