The 2015 NFL Criminals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Okay, I am taking some of what I said back. I read more reports on this Molly Shattuck rape case and it is a bit more sordid than the above report. Supposedly she got some of her sons friends together and gave them alcohol, got them drunk and then had sex with the 'hot' one. I kind of imagined consensual sober, fully aware encounters. That was not the case and this woman is not in her 30s. She is nearly 50 so I doubt she is as appealing. She was the oldest NFL cheerleader at 38 but that was a decade ago. Her super rich husband traded her in for a much younger woman too so maybe she was having some sort of revenge issue.

I am still not so sure I would have been all that upset though at 15. She still looks good for a late 40s mom. But I don't know.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ustin-gilbert-involved-in-road-rage-incident/

Report: Justin Gilbert involved in road rage incident
Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdknzm3nmu1zdy0n2rjmjjjzdk4ngjlyzq1ztvlmtdk-e1442027751300.jpeg

The Cleveland Browns should have hired a guy named Murphy to be the first coach of the franchise, because it’s now clear that whatever can go wrong for this long-suffering franchise will.

According to newsnet5.com, police in Brunswick, Ohio say that Browns cornerback Justin Gilbert has been involved in a road rage incident. Per the report, Gilbert crashed his car while being chased by another car.

Police cited Gilbert, who was driving a Dodge Challenger, along with the driver of the Mustang that was chasing him. Gilbert has been charged with lack of responsible control.

Gilbert, the eighth overall pick in the 2014 draft, has been a disappointment to date for the Browns. No discipline has been imposed yet upon Gilbert.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
You automatically assume that this would be the greatest thing to happen to the kid because it would've been one of the greatest things for you, in your opinion. Here's the thing, though: that kid is not you. You have no idea if that kid wanted that to happen to him, especially since it was a woman who was thirty years older than he was. And it doesn't freaking matter one bit if he consented to it or not because he is a minor, and it is still rape.

It's totally different when it's consensual sex between teenagers who have no freaking idea of the shitstorm that could happen, like your friend. Don't ever compare that situation to an actual rape and say "these things are not always as they seem." That woman knew what she was doing, knew it was one of the worst crimes you could inflict upon a human being, and she totally freaking deserves to fry for what she did.
I do not think she deserves to fry.
'Rape is Rape' attitude in society does not serve the victims of extremely violent rape. Just my two cents.

a good point i found on the subject said:
We need to rescue rape in all its horror from dilution by loose definition, rebellious juries and failed prosecutions. How this might be done is beyond my competence to hazard in one short essay, but somehow we should accept that there are degrees of consent and non-consent, that there can be contributory folly on a victim’s part, and that if we can acknowledge greater and lesser offences we stand a better chance of securing conviction in the lesser offences, while paying victims of the greater offence the huge respect they are due. As a slogan, ‘Rape is rape’ has proved the rapist’s friend

Priscilla was 14 when Elvis fell in love with her. My grandmother was 16 when she had her first child in the 40's. Sorry. I don't vehemently disagree with posters here often....most of the time I agree with the stuff you throw down, just not this time bro.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...brent-grimes-arrested-at-bills-dolphins-game/

Wife of Brent Grimes arrested at Bills-Dolphins game
Posted by Mike Florio on September 27, 2015

miko-e1443401351565.jpg

In January, the wife of Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes took on the NFL via Twitter. On Sunday, she allegedly took on a police officer.

Per multiple reports, Miko Grimes was arrested at Sun Life Stadium at the game between the Bills and Dolphins for battery of a police officer and resisting arrest with violence.

Video of the arrest, but not of the events preceding it, has emerged online. (Turn off the speakers if in the presence of anyone who shouldn’t be hearing the “F” word yelled multiple times.)

Miko Grimes has become a celebrity of sorts and a media personality in South Florida. As Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report noted in July, an unnamed NFL official said Miko Grimes “cares the hell out of me.”

Whatever the allegations against Miko Grimes, chances are she’ll waive her right to remain silent and share her version of the situation with the world.

[Photo credit: Instagram.com]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...brent-grimes-arrested-at-bills-dolphins-game/

miko-e1443401351565.jpg

In January, the wife of Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes took on the NFL via Twitter. On Sunday, she allegedly took on a police officer.

Per multiple reports, Miko Grimes was arrested at Sun Life Stadium at the game between the Bills and Dolphins for battery of a police officer and resisting arrest with violence.

Video of the arrest, but not of the events preceding it, has emerged online. (Turn off the speakers if in the presence of anyone who shouldn’t be hearing the “F” word yelled multiple times.)

Miko Grimes has become a celebrity of sorts and a media personality in South Florida. As Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report noted in July, an unnamed NFL official said Miko Grimes “cares the hell out of me.”

Whatever the allegations against Miko Grimes, chances are she’ll waive her right to remain silent and share her version of the situation with the world.

Man I hate mouthy broads. I really do.
Complaining about the NFL while her husband is milking them for $16M guaranteed?
And getting arrested for swinging on a cop? Claaaaaaasssssssyyyyyyyyyy.

I'll stop here before I'm accused of misogyny. :sleep:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Complaining about the NFL while her husband is milking them for $16M guaranteed?

Someone did a fine edit job on my PFT post. ;)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

miko-e1443401351565.jpg

I remember that episode on Ballers....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...gets-five-years-in-prison-for-mortgage-fraud/

Irving Fryar gets five years in prison for mortgage fraud
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 2, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptm5nwy5otvkzdg0njfkzjlmmtc0mtyxnjq1yzq4ndzh-e1443825732273.jpeg
AP

Irving Fryar, the first overall pick in the 1984 NFL draft who went on to be a five-time Pro Bowler for the Patriots, Dolphins and Eagles, is heading to prison.

Fryar was sentenced today to five years for mortgage fraud. He and his mother were convicted of conspiracy and theft by deception for fraudulently using the same property while applying for multiple mortgages. His mother got three years’ probation.

“The fact that Fryar had the means to succeed and do good things and instead chose this criminal path makes his actions all the more reprehensible,” acting New Jersey Attorney General John Hoffman said in a statement Friday.

The 53-year-old Fryar was an All-American at Nebraska and at times an excellent player in the NFL, although his off-field issues often overshadowed his on-field excellence. He missed the AFC Championship Game in his second NFL season because he had injured his hand in a fight with his wife and was arrested on weapons charges a couple years after that. He retired after the 2000 season with 851 catches for 12,785 yards and 84 touchdowns.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

Mouthy Broads?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12084-1349805870-5.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

...To be honest? I've swung at a cop myself when he grabbed me by the back of my shoulder to stop me. It's not something I'm proud of. And I've complained about the NFL myself when I watch the sport as much as I can.

Not defending her, but I'm saying that I can't exactly complain without sounding like a hypocrite myself.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-beckham-arrested-for-unpaid-traffic-tickets/

Dorial Green-Beckham arrested for unpaid traffic tickets
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 6, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptg3zjhiotzhzme0yzzhnzriotyyztk2m2q5ogixzmy1-e1444145433187.jpeg
AP

It appeared that the NFL had gotten through a calendar month without an arrest in September.

Not so fast, or in the case of Titans wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham, just a little too fast.

According to Jason Wolf of the Tennesseean, the rookie wideout was arrested last Wednesday (Sept. 30), meaning the league didn’t get to celebrate a month without an arrest (such that they should anyway).

Green-Beckham was stopped for speeding in Van Buren, Mo., and officers cited him for doing 65 in a 55 mph zone. While he was stopped, they found another outstanding warrant for speeding in Osage Beach, Mo. He paid $92.48 to settle the ticket.

Of course, it’s not nearly the trouble Green-Beckham has been involved with in the past, which the Titans are thankful for. He’s caught a pair of touchdowns in his first three games, though they’ve come on just three total receptions as they ease him into things after he didn’t play at all last year.

Memento

Name
Jemma
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-beckham-arrested-for-unpaid-traffic-tickets/

Dorial Green-Beckham arrested for unpaid traffic tickets
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 6, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptg3zjhiotzhzme0yzzhnzriotyyztk2m2q5ogixzmy1-e1444145433187.jpeg
AP

It appeared that the NFL had gotten through a calendar month without an arrest in September.

Not so fast, or in the case of Titans wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham, just a little too fast.

According to Jason Wolf of the Tennesseean, the rookie wideout was arrested last Wednesday (Sept. 30), meaning the league didn’t get to celebrate a month without an arrest (such that they should anyway).

Green-Beckham was stopped for speeding in Van Buren, Mo., and officers cited him for doing 65 in a 55 mph zone. While he was stopped, they found another outstanding warrant for speeding in Osage Beach, Mo. He paid $92.48 to settle the ticket.

Of course, it’s not nearly the trouble Green-Beckham has been involved with in the past, which the Titans are thankful for. He’s caught a pair of touchdowns in his first three games, though they’ve come on just three total receptions as they ease him into things after he didn’t play at all last year.

I'm so fucking glad that I took off the signature, "I was wrong about DGB." What. An. Idiot.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ack-derrick-coleman-arrested-for-hit-and-run/

Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman arrested for hit and run
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 15, 2015

derrickcoleman.jpg
AP

The Seahawks have enough issues to deal with at the moment, and now have an off-field concern.

According to KOMO, Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman was arrested on investigation of vehicular assault and hit and run, and has been booked into King County Jail.

He is being held without bail at the moment, after being booked at 1:20 a.m.

There were no details about the circumstances of his arrest.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...errick-coleman-indefinitely-following-arrest/

Seahawks suspend Derrick Coleman indefinitely following arrest
Posted by Josh Alper on October 15, 2015

Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman was arrested in Bellevue, Washington on Wednesday on investigation of vehicular assault and hit and run and is being held in King County jail while waiting for a bail hearing before a judge.

The Seahawks announced Thursday that Coleman has been suspended indefinitely “pending further information.”

The Seattle Times reports, per the booking report, that Coleman’s pickup truck hit another car around 6 p.m. on Wednesday and that Coleman walked away from his car after the accident. Police found Coleman nearby, arrested him and administered a field sobriety test. Results of that test are not known and a law-enforcement source told the paper that the driver of the other car may have suffered a broken collarbone.

The Bellevue Police Department announced that they will hold a press conference to discuss the arrest on Thursday afternoon, but will release no further information about Coleman’s arrest before that point.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Meh, he will get out of it. Nothing a good lawyer can't fix :rolleyes:

I dunno man. Fixing profile cases isn't what it used to be. The DAs and cops know that they will be scrutinized - and it's not like you can just pay off the victim here (like you often can).

Blood test pending ....

Memento

Name
Jemma
You know, Coleman's case is actually a shame. He's the first hearing-impaired player to make it in the NFL. It really is a shame because he's supposed to be a huge role model for a lot of kids with disabilities.

Memento

Name
Jemma
This guy, however, I have no sympathy for:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...hnny-manziel-girlfriend-pulled-over-by-police

Browns QB Johnny Manziel pulled over by police, admits to drinking
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

October 16, 2015 6:36 pm ET
Johnny Manziel, who spent 10 weeks last offseason in a rehab facility, was pulled over Monday evening by Avon (Ohio) police during a domestic dispute, and alcohol was involved.

According to the police report obtained by News Net 5 Cleveland, Manziel and his girlfriend, Colleen Elizabeth Crowley, were drinking but not charged.

The details:

According to the report, a witness called police after seeing Manziel's white Nissan use the shoulder of the road to pass her at a high speed.

The witness told police the couple was arguing and Crowley attempted to exit the vehicle while they were on the road.

In the report, both Manziel and Crowley admitted they were having an argument and Crowley threw a wallet out of the window.

The report stated the couple then stopped the car in an Avon neighborhood and continued arguing. That's when a second witness called police.
Police stopped Manziel's car minutes later and according to the report, Crowley, who attends Texas Christian University, told officers that Manziel had pushed her head into a window. She wanted her cell phone because she was concerned about her safety and said she wanted to return to Texas.

Police noticed an abrasion on Crowley's arm and determined it was caused when Manziel tried to prevent her from getting out of the vehicle while it was on the road.

Police didn't think Manziel or Crowley were intoxicated to the point where they should be charged, and Crowley told officers that she didn't want to press charges against Manziel. Both Manziel and Crowley left the scene in Manziel's vehicle.

Crowley posted this on Instagram shortly after 6pm ET on Friday: "J & I are good. I appreciate the people who stopped to check on us and call the police, I could see how it may have looked. Anytime anyone sees a guy and a girl arguing on the side of a road they should definitely stop, you never know what that could be. Fortunately it was just an argument, it was private and we are all good!"

Meanwhile, Browns general manager Ray Farmer issued this statement Friday evening: "We were aware of the situation. It is a matter that we take seriously and have expressed our concerns to Johnny directly. Those conversations will remain private and we will refrain from further comment at this time."

The Browns selected Manziel with the 22nd pick in the 2014 draft. After filling in for an injured Josh McCown earlier this season, Manziel hasn't played the last three weeks.