The 2014 Rams Need This Guy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
There is a good part of me that agrees.

And... I'm sick of taking flyers on guys like Quick, Givens, Bailey, Pettis... Quit dicking around land a top WR prospect to compliment Austin!

But; in a Watkins scenario I'm going heavy oline with my next two picks.
best keep SB upright, or Watkins, or even acquiring clones of the Rev and Holt would be little help
train

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Buddy, I've never agreed with you more. Sam Bradford is one hell of a QB and these QB's coming out this year are are more than one level below him. His tape us better than Luck's coming out and it's obvious. I really, really, beleive the Rams find their lightning in the bottle this year just like 99. We're differently built team that vastly resemble the 99 Titans rather than the 99 Rams, but those guys were a yard away from winning the SB.

Also like 99, we are written off. We went 7-9 with Clemens starting half the year! We can win 4 more games with upgrades that are well within our grasp.

I beleive in Sam, I beleive in Fish, I beleive in this team. We should be hungry as hell after last year. A fire storm begins to brew and a hurricane from hell will be our team.

The gsot doesn't exist without the likes of Pace, Timmerman and the donut bros.

Kurt would have looked like Bradford, when McDaniels was our o coordinator. Looking at the stars wondering why he's lying on his back.

We protect Sam. We win games. A lot of games.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Buddy, I've never agreed with you more. Sam Bradford is one hell of a QB and these QB's coming out this year are are more than one level below him. His tape us better than Luck's coming out and it's obvious. I really, really, beleive the Rams find their lightning in the bottle this year just like 99. We're differently built team that vastly resemble the 99 Titans rather than the 99 Rams, but those guys were a yard away from winning the SB.

Also like 99, we are written off. We went 7-9 with Clemens starting half the year! We can win 4 more games with upgrades that are well within our grasp.

I beleive in Sam, I beleive in Fish, I beleive in this team. We should be hungry as hell after last year. A fire storm begins to brew and a hurricane from hell will be our team.

They were a yard away from tying the Super Bowl not winning it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How the hell is that pass interference, it would be an ejection and a 15 yard penalty under today's rules but perfect timing.

I think it was ejection and penalty under the rules at the time too the refs just didn't call it. Maybe they didn't get a good look at it or something.

A55VA6

Legend
Sam is awesome. With talent around him, he could be one of the best out there.

There is a good part of me that agrees.

And... I'm sick of taking flyers on guys like Quick, Givens, Bailey, Pettis... Quit dicking around land a top WR prospect to compliment Austin!

But; in a Watkins scenario I'm going heavy oline with my next two picks.
Bailey can be something special in my opinion. He's got something.
And I hated the Quick pick then and still do now. haha.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

At the risk of beating a dead horse, the Titans did NOT come within a yard of winning the 99 game, unless they also went for and made a 2 point conversion. I agree that the defensive unit somewhat resembles the Titans team, but clearly not the offense. Personally, I don't favor resembling anything other than what they are or become based upon the current personnel and hopefully, a successful draft.

As for Bradford, I'm really tired of the excuses. I think he's a great person with excellent character, desire and effort. And when given time, (he) is accurate (although I believe that Warner lead his receivers better, especially coming across the middle). I also think he's flawed in the areas previously discussed. The problem I have, is that although he's improved in some areas, it would seem that for a 68 million dollar man so highly regarded, his improvement appears stunted and I'm taking the OC changes into account. Remember Sam was so incredibly highly regarded that despite the fact he'd missed final year (Jr) at OU, playing only 2 seasons and coming off a shoulder injury! Talk about a pig in a poke. Back then, it seemed like all the focus was on his shoulder and whether it would hold up or not. I never read or heard about his other weaknesses, even today, it's how accurate he is as though that solves every issue.

In any event, I'm convinced that this season will be "make or break" for a number of skill players, including the QB (assuming they get a viable replacement). Many speak about this being a 3 year break out season and all that. In some ways, I suppose it is, particularly in regards to how they compete in their division. Other than that, I suspect ownership is comfortable with continued progress closer to 5 years.

Lastly, I'd live to see "lightening in a bottle" once again, but just as with lightening, it rarely strikes twice. Now for those of you wishing to see it strike twice, simply add a Pace, Faulk, Holt, Hakim, Bruce, Proehl and stir. I think Sam could shine with that cast.

RamsFan14

Starter
I worry about the hits Bradford has taken throughout his career and how it'll affect his mental side of the game. He was hit too much his first 3 years in the league, and tearing his ACL last year isn't a joke either. I hope he can comeback and withstand the pressure of being in the pocket to make the good decisions and to wait that half second longer tell his WRs get open... Because honestly I think it's a fair question for him (I don't blame him when I say that). A lot of QBs lose there confidence in the OL and/or themselves because of the hits they've taken. Ask yourself, who wants to get hit so much? David Carr and Bulger come to mind all the time when it comes to QBs getting hit too much, too many hits and I think that affected there play down the road. Not saying Bradford can't comeback, I'm just saying it's something to keep an eye on imo (unfortunately :().

It's a sad situation, he's a very VERY talented QB and honestly the Rams haven't gotten the job done when it comes to supporting him as the franchise QB. We failed on a lot of draft picks in the Spags era and we failed to put in him a stable offensive system his first 3 years in the league. Fisher has done a great job improving the talent on this team (he REALLY changed the roster when he took over, it's kinda scary how much he changed it) and I applaud him for the job he's done with the talent he had to start with. Last year to me was Bradford's first chance to show what he could do in the league and he played pretty well too (not great, def above average)... And the knee injury happens... Very unfortunate considering he's been beat up before too. It sounds like Alex Smith alllllllll over again (for the record, I think Bradford is WAY more talented then Smith, but Smith ain't a joke talent wise)...

Just beyond frustrating what's happened over the last 4 years... I REALLY hope we haven't damaged Sam the Ram... This situation is just something... If we make the playoffs with him as our QB, I think it's safe to say a lot of us would be happier with him as our QB then any other QB that us to the playoffs... The man has some toughness, dedication, and idk how anyone couldn't cheer for him to succeed. It's about damn time the luck changes for this franchise!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
In both of those games Florida's D really mixed it up well. They were impressive. If you listen to the announcers (2nd vid) you'll hear them say how OK rarely faced teams that contested every throw like Florida did. Don't know who OK's RB was during that time or if they had a running game but Florida definitely had the recipe to keep Bradford from beating them.

He made some mistakes and some good throws. He throws a nice ball when given time in the pocket. He's grown as a QB since these games and definitely has the talent to take us far.

Chris Brown and DeMarco Murray.

They went up and down the field that game. Problem was in the RZ they had brain farts, especially at the goalline.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Too bad. I heard his top priority this summer was to get Aerosmith tickets with some loser friends. He'll never be committed to the team.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
LOL

Good tix to score though ya gotta admit that.

Agreed. Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Sam Bradford wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just watched those two videos.

First of all, Sam did not look good there at all. He made some bad reads. He threw it into double and triple coverage more than one occasion and missed the open guy. He stared down receivers too much. He was too conservative with the ball. He did the same things we see today, such as throwing it underneath way too many times and not trying to use his dazzling accuracy more. On plays where he should have checked down, he instead threw it into coverage and ended up getting it incomplete or intercepted.

Sam looked worse in this game, against college competition, then he has against NFL competition in a while. Bradford did make some fantastic throws in that game, showing off his accuracy. There were throws that definitely should have been caught that were dropped or intercepted. But all in all, he was not impressive. If he played like this for the Rams, Rams Talk would be wanting his head.

Well, can't please everyone.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well, can't please everyone.
I was just pointing out that Bradford looks better in the NFL than he did in that game. I'd rather have the present day form of Sam then the one that showed up that day.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Tying, tying the SB! But I agree with you. Something bad cometh for the rest of the NFL out of the shadows of the Arch. And it has horns!!!!

Who cares...

They woulda had a ton the momentum going into half time and our defense was gassed. You never know...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was just pointing out that Bradford looks better in the NFL than he did in that game. I'd rather have the present day form of Sam then the one that showed up that day.

Of course, he was a sophomore in college. That wasn't my point. My point was that Bradford's accuracy back then was better imo. He's less consistent now. And if we get that accurate guy back, with the other strides he's made(such as his pocket presence and movement), we'll have one hell of a QB.