The 2014 Rams Need This Guy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we get this guy, we can go as far as we want to go in the NFL. We just need to find a way to get a hold of him.

I don't know where he went but this was supposedly one of the worst games of his college career and he was still lights out. We need to bring him back. That man's combination of accuracy and velocity made him the best pure thrower I've ever evaluated.

And when you consider how far his pocket movement and presence have come, if we get that thrower back...we'll be go far. We might all disagree on what the team needs to get that guy back but I think we can all agree that the kid in those videos was special. IMO, he can be that guy again.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Buddy, I've never agreed with you more. Sam Bradford is one hell of a QB and these QB's coming out this year are are more than one level below him. His tape us better than Luck's coming out and it's obvious. I really, really, beleive the Rams find their lightning in the bottle this year just like 99. We're differently built team that vastly resemble the 99 Titans rather than the 99 Rams, but those guys were a yard away from winning the SB.

Also like 99, we are written off. We went 7-9 with Clemens starting half the year! We can win 4 more games with upgrades that are well within our grasp.

I beleive in Sam, I beleive in Fish, I beleive in this team. We should be hungry as hell after last year. A fire storm begins to brew and a hurricane from hell will be our team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Shurmur, Curl, Spagnoulo and a bad line got into his head and scrambled his brains. Sam clearly has trust issues with his teammates and he has an extreme fear of mistakes. The low INTs are good but sometimes you just have to trust yourself and teammates and try yo make a big play. It worked for Favre and he was an INT machine.

I wish Martz could get ahold of Sam for a year or two.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I just watched those two videos.

First of all, Sam did not look good there at all. He made some bad reads. He threw it into double and triple coverage more than one occasion and missed the open guy. He stared down receivers too much. He was too conservative with the ball. He did the same things we see today, such as throwing it underneath way too many times and not trying to use his dazzling accuracy more. On plays where he should have checked down, he instead threw it into coverage and ended up getting it incomplete or intercepted.

Sam looked worse in this game, against college competition, then he has against NFL competition in a while. Bradford did make some fantastic throws in that game, showing off his accuracy. There were throws that definitely should have been caught that were dropped or intercepted. But all in all, he was not impressive. If he played like this for the Rams, Rams Talk would be wanting his head.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sam is the man.

We finally have some talent around him, and with the draft bolstering the oline... He's gonna shine!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That hit on the WR at the :47 second mark was as dirty as you'll ever see.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That hit on the WR at the :47 second mark was as dirty as you'll ever see.
I agree and was clearly pass interference. But that first throw that Sam made, was a throw of beauty. It was the type of throw that makes you realize just how accurate Sam can be. In fact Sam is as accurate as any QB I've ever seen.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
In both of those games Florida's D really mixed it up well. They were impressive. If you listen to the announcers (2nd vid) you'll hear them say how OK rarely faced teams that contested every throw like Florida did. Don't know who OK's RB was during that time or if they had a running game but Florida definitely had the recipe to keep Bradford from beating them.

He made some mistakes and some good throws. He throws a nice ball when given time in the pocket. He's grown as a QB since these games and definitely has the talent to take us far.

I agree and was clearly pass interference. But that first throw that Sam made, was a throw of beauty. It was the type of throw that makes you realize just how accurate Sam can be. In fact Sam is as accurate as any QB I've ever seen.

How the hell is that pass interference, it would be an ejection and a 15 yard penalty under today's rules but perfect timing.

Shurmur, Curl, Spagnoulo and a bad line got into his head and scrambled his brains. Sam clearly has trust issues with his teammates and he has an extreme fear of mistakes. The low INTs are good but sometimes you just have to trust yourself and teammates and try yo make a big play. It worked for Favre and he was an INT machine.

I wish Martz could get ahold of Sam for a year or two.

It's hard to trust a receiver to make a big play when they can't even make the simple plays, maybe it's a failing of Sam's but I know I'd have a hard time trusting any receiver on this team except Stedman.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
How the hell is that pass interference, it would be an ejection and a 15 yard penalty under today's rules but perfect timing.
It seemed early to me, I went back and rewatched it, and it wasn't as early as I thought it was, but it still seemed early to me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's hard to trust a receiver to make a big play when they can't even make the simple plays, maybe it's a failing of Sam's but I know I'd have a hard time trusting any receiver on this team except Stedman.

A lot of people (around here) sure have more confidence in Bailey than I do. I mean, I hope he develops... But I've not seen much yet, and his tiny build, gives me pause.

Just saying.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams need to sure up the offensive line and Bradford needs to showcase durability. Last season's injury bothered me because it was a fluke. He pulled up instead of just running out of bounce. He can't be a statue in the pocket and needs to be able to keep the play alive.

Every Ram fan wants Sam the Ram to be the man, but with Shaun Hill as number two and Aaron Murray as number three I will sleep much better at night!

RFIP

I've watched every throw he's made since his first pass at OU and this game was nothing new to me. His receivers let him down and as the game wore on so did his OL.

That a side, he always trusted his receivers at OU, something he's rarely done with the Rams, and for good reason.

In St Louis he's trusted Clayton and DX early on but both got injured and weren't around long there after...then Danny but he left.

He has zero trust in Quick and Givens rapidly lost his trust last season.

He needs a true #1 wr in the worst way.

If you listened to Saffold the other day talk about this guys ability, or Devaney's comments on how they (his regime) let him down by not getting him good receivers then you understand the issues.

I've racked my brain over and over to find a #1 overall Qb who has NEVER had a big time go to receiver in his career and I have yet to find ANY.

Luck has Wayne
Newton had Smith
Stafford - CJ
Peyton - Harrison and Wayne

Bradford?

Think about it.

it's time.

FRO

Legend
The guy needs better support. Running QBs can do more with less than pocket guys, but when you equipt a pocket guy with talent there is nothing better. Find a way to get him Watkins and improve the line. Throughout his career here he has had terrible support. Get this guy some help and watch out.

FRO

Legend
What really sucks is we saw that guy against the Panthers, but he tore up his knee that game. We will never know, but with a great running game behind him I think we were on the verge of watching this guy blossom. Hope he can in 2014.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've watched every throw he's made since his first pass at OU and this game was nothing new to me. His receivers let him down and as the game wore on so did his OL.

That a side, he always trusted his receivers at OU, something he's rarely done with the Rams, and for good reason.

In St Louis he's trusted Clayton and DX early on but both got injured and weren't around long there after...then Danny but he left.

He has zero trust in Quick and Givens rapidly lost his trust last season.

He needs a true #1 wr in the worst way.

If you listened to Saffold the other day talk about this guys ability, or Devaney's comments on how they (his regime) let him down by not getting him good receivers then you understand the issues.

I've racked my brain over and over to find a #1 overall Qb who has NEVER had a big time go to receiver in his career and I have yet to find ANY.

Luck has Wayne
Newton had Smith
Stafford - CJ
Peyton - Harrison and Wayne

Bradford?

Think about it.

it's time.

There is a good part of me that agrees.

And... I'm sick of taking flyers on guys like Quick, Givens, Bailey, Pettis... Quit dicking around land a top WR prospect to compliment Austin!

But; in a Watkins scenario I'm going heavy oline with my next two picks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Buddy, I've never agreed with you more. Sam Bradford is one hell of a QB and these QB's coming out this year are are more than one level below him. His tape us better than Luck's coming out and it's obvious. I really, really, beleive the Rams find their lightning in the bottle this year just like 99. We're differently built team that vastly resemble the 99 Titans rather than the 99 Rams, but those guys were a yard away from winning the SB.

Also like 99, we are written off. We went 7-9 with Clemens starting half the year! We can win 4 more games with upgrades that are well within our grasp.

I beleive in Sam, I beleive in Fish, I beleive in this team. We should be hungry as hell after last year. A fire storm begins to brew and a hurricane from hell will be our team.

Tying, tying the SB! But I agree with you. Something bad cometh for the rest of the NFL out of the shadows of the Arch. And it has horns!!!!