Thailand Cave Rescue

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't it interesting that we all care about these kids trapped in a cave, and the brave rescuers who risk their lives every time in trying to help kids who can't swim. I am glad that the issue will be resolved, and hopefully with no more loss of life...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't it interesting that we all care about these kids trapped in a cave, and the brave rescuers who risk their lives every time in trying to help kids who can't swim. I am glad that the issue will be resolved, and hopefully with no more loss of life...
Just curious but what is meant by “isn’t it interesting”?
Sure hope they get the rest out alive. Some nasty weather headed that way

Psycho_X

Legend
Heard they got 4 more out. So 4 more kids and the coach left I think? But it's starting to rain again so its a rush job now. This'll be the most critical 24 hours of the whole operation it sounds like. I would think they'd rush air tanks in as fast as they can and have the last 5 come out at once. Those divers are some bad ass mofos for having pulled this off so far.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious but what is meant by “isn’t it interesting”?
Sure hope they get the rest out alive. Some nasty weather headed that way
I meant the wider, conflicted USA., and not really ROD. It was a positive that everyone on the political spectrum are united in caring what happens. It was a positive statement.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I meant the wider, conflicted USA., and not really ROD. It was a positive that everyone on the political spectrum are united in caring what happens. It was a positive statement.
Got it, just didn't understand what was meant
I think human compassion gets stoked quickly in situations like this. The girl in the well, the miners, the Russian sub. Awesome to see support just kick in immediately.
Sounds like all but 2 kids and the coach are out.
Hope that weather holds out one more day

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yesterday the news feed I was watching said that they took the weakest/sicklyest boys out 1st. Today I read that it was actually the other way around... the weakest boys are the last ones they are going to try and get out. This includes the coach because he was giving the boys his food in the beginning of all of this and is apparently in bad shape as a result.

The plus side is that the rescue divers have gone through the process multiple times now and are apparently better prepared because of it.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, for whatever reason they are releasing few details.

Sure looks more optimistic now.

And yes, it’s good to have a subject where everyone in the world is rooting for the same thing... feels rare nowadays.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
They said they were getting the strongest kids out first because they wanted to practice with the strongest healthiest kids.

By the time they get to the weaker kids (who probably/hopefully aren't that weak) the divers will have had more experience at retrieving the kids.

The whole plan is ballsy and well-thought-out and intelligently planned and executed.
Bravo!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, for whatever reason they are releasing few details.

IMO the reason is they don't want to deal with the parents and questions.

They just want to focus on the task, that's smart. This is a big job.........

The whole plan is ballsy and well-thought-out and intelligently planned and executed.

Amazing balls and they are doing great so far.........this is going to end well!!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They said they were getting the strongest kids out first because they wanted to practice with the strongest healthiest kids.

By the time they get to the weaker kids (who probably/hopefully aren't that weak) the divers will have had more experience at retrieving the kids.

Plus they are undoubtedly bringing in high quality rations, so hopefully the weaker kids are a trifle stronger after a few meals. It's a long slog, after all.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Just read all 12 players and the coach have now been rescued! Awesome that they got them all out.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just read all 12 players and the coach have now been rescued! Awesome that they got them all out.

Pretty damn amazing. Thai navy seals and everyone that made that possible get the big cajones of the year award.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yup, they are all out and safe.

One hell of a rescue and I am looking forward to hearing details........

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup, they are all out and safe.

One hell of a rescue and I am looking forward to hearing details........

I honestly did not expect this to end well, or at least this well.

It sounded like almost too big of a challenge.

Got to give the planners serious credit determining the right option. They nailed it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've done cave diving twice. It would have only been once if I hadn't lost a bet. Diving in caves is absolutely no fun and it can be terrifying even for an experienced diver. I can't imagine having to cave dive in those conditions for a continuous 5 hour stretch... and when I think about these guys attempting it as their 1st ever dive (and that they are weakened and can't even swim) I know that the chances of disaster are basically 100%.

The whole situation has been making me crazy with sadness and anger. I almost can't bring myself to read the next news clip on this every time a new one comes out because of how hopeless it is.
Right there with you. My wife and I have been divers for years. She won’t even consider going into a cave. I have a couple times but the water was clear and I had a kick ass time for the 50 yards or so as I watched my air collect on the ceiling looking like a mirror.

A few areas I’ve been through were so small I had to gather up my gauges and deflate my vest so I could skinny through. It was kind of a rush.

But holy shit! Thinking of doing it in murky waters would scare the shit out of me. At some point I think I would just have the threat of dying kick in and get through it but how do you really know?
If the water level only dropped by a foot, how were those parts of the cave that are walkable now not walkable before? I'm clearly not a diving expert, but swimming through a foot of water while in scuba gear seems impractical.

Even if the water dropped from 5 feet to 4 feet, so the kids can now walk those parts, a cheap scuba mask could have fixed that problem.
Yeah - getting that all done and expecting the kids to hold their breaths through the shallows in complete darkness would not end well.
I don't know but a couple of the stories I read said that it helped big time that the level dropped.

Anything that helps is great.

Plus less time under the surface in murky water and walking where flashlights can illuminate everything around them has to go a long way to ease the stress..........even just a little.

We had almost zero visibility during our certification dive due to inexperienced divers and ridiculous silt. I can tell you that just doing a mask flood and clear under water with no visibility sucks even knowing you are only four feet from a clear shot to the surface. What these kids did is fucking amazing and I can only hope it makes them stronger.

I did actually. About 20 feet. Landed in a sitting position and F'd up my tail bone and my lower back has never been the same. Pine trees was my thing back in the day. Shoulda bought a chainsaw and got paid.

I used the HAHA button for your last line. But thought about the ouch button for the rest. Tail bones suck when you injur them.

Yesterday the news feed I was watching said that they took the weakest/sicklyest boys out 1st. Today I read that it was actually the other way around... the weakest boys are the last ones they are going to try and get out. This includes the coach because he was giving the boys his food in the beginning of all of this and is apparently in bad shape as a result.

The plus side is that the rescue divers have gone through the process multiple times now and are apparently better prepared because of it.
Yeah - they wanted to get it down and have a greater chance of success. And actually demonstrate success to the others. Makes sense.

I thought they would want to get the weakest out first. Good thing wiser people than me are running the operation.

Bravo!
Yep and yep.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to think that coach is in hiding right now. Not sure he did anything but try to have fun with his kids but I’d sure hate to be him right now. At least he stayed until his kids were out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Got to give the planners serious credit determining the right option. They nailed it.

The fear of rain which was coming really got them up for this, what a great response..........talk about strike while the iron is hot.

Those guys were NOT fucking around.