Tebowwww !!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
Yeah, those kids are awful, but my attention is on what Tebow does off the field:

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

I'm not a believer in God, but Tebow is a good enough person for his own actions to stand out. These are things that he does with his own money, by the way. The Broncos don't pay for any of it.
From that article...

This whole thing makes no football sense, of course. Most NFL players hardly talk to teammates before a game, much less visit with the sick and dying.

Isn't that a huge distraction?

"Just the opposite," Tebow says. "It's by far the best thing I do to get myself ready. Here you are, about to play a game that the world says is the most important thing in the world. Win and they praise you. Lose and they crush you. And here I have a chance to talk to the coolest, most courageous people. It puts it all into perspective. The game doesn't really matter. I mean, I'll give 100 percent of my heart to win it, but in the end, the thing I most want to do is not win championships or make a lot of money, it's to invest in people's lives, to make a difference."

So that's it. I've given up giving up on him. I'm a 100 percent believer. Not in his arm. Not in his skills. I believe in his heart, his there-will-definitely-be-a-pony-under-the-tree optimism, the way his love pours into people, right up to their eyeballs, until they believe they can master the hopeless comeback, too.

superfan24

Starter
Read that article the other way....
Idk how Tebow does it, but is truly an amazing person. Even with press conferences he's very classy and answers every question respectfully. He also built a huge hospital in the Philipines. I don't necessarily like all the Tebow coverage, but I think its great for young kids to look up at him and see how things should be done and how people in his position treat others. He should speak at the rookie event or whatever they call it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Raw video: Randall Cunningham on Tim Tebow's faith

Nick Griffith went to Las Vegas and had an insightful conversation about Tim Tebow with star QB now pastor Randall Cunningham

[flv]http://pvp.trb.com/media_2/782847669001/782847669001_1318362805001_kdvr-vid252910-in7-out27918-13f8f648-4ee22c1c.flv?videoId=1318358168001&lineUpId=&pubId=876625235001&playerId=939076011001&affiliateId=[/flv]

http://www.tebowseyeblack.com/2012/01/r ... w-and.html

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Wow! Kordell Stewart and Rob Parker's talk with Skip Bayliss on Tebow and race when it comes to assessing the QB position.

[espn]7429944[/espn]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
Wow! Kordell Stewart and Rob Parker's talk with Skip Bayliss on Tebow and race when it comes to assessing the QB position.

[espn]7429944[/espn]

Interesting video. Thanks for posting it. And yeah... Wow!

Yeah - no one accepted McNair or Vick or McNabb or Kordell for that matter. I have a hard time getting behind what they are saying - that the guy is only getting this opportunity because he is white. It's not like Kordell was some great QB that didn't get the opportunities. He was a mediocre QB that could run and because of his ability to run, he got his chance to start in the NFL. Take that away and he never starts a game in the NFL. I think it is really petty of them.

I think Skip brings up a good point that the guy is a lightning rod and that is really why he gets this much attention. That and the fact that he was considered by many to be the best college player ever. I think a lot of his detractors are the reason he get so much attention. Kind of a self fulfilling prophesy. And if he came in and the team didn't win and make the playoffs, would he be getting this kind of attention? Probably not. If it hadn't been said that his game couldn't translate to the pro level and yet was still drafted in the first round, would he be getting this kind of attention? Probably not.

Like a lot of others, I get tired of a lot of press the guy is getting. Mostly, I wish they'd just leave him alone and let him have his faith too. It gets blown way out of proportion. The guy is not a punk. Shouldn't that at least buy him a few points?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Did u catch the Cunningham interview (video) I posted just before the Stewart video? Big difference in perceptions.

To echo your points, I think all QB's that are run-first non-pocket passers take crap when they get to the NFL, it's not a race issue. We're seeing Tebow criticized for it right now. I don't recall Doug Williams or James Harris being criticized while in the NFL, and they were pure pocket passers who also happened to be black.

I really just think we're seeing some ugly things come out now, and it's coming from people of all colors and all corners of the spectrum. As you rightfully noted, Tebow seems to be a lightening rod for a lot of bad feelings.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah man. I saw that other video. Pretty stark contrast. And I agree. Some pretty ugly stuff indeed.

steferfootball

Starter
interference said:
Did u catch the Cunningham interview (video) I posted just before the Stewart video? Big difference in perceptions.

To echo your points, I think all QB's that are run-first non-pocket passers take crap when they get to the NFL, it's not a race issue. We're seeing Tebow criticized for it right now. I don't recall Doug Williams or James Harris being criticized while in the NFL, and they were pure pocket passers who also happened to be black.

I really just think we're seeing some ugly things come out now, and it's coming from people of all colors and all corners of the spectrum. As you rightfully noted, Tebow seems to be a lightening rod for a lot of bad feelings.
I'm about a third of the way through and I'm having trouble believing what they are saying.

On this topic, Mike Vick was drafted number one overall. He has been the poster boy for mobile QBs who can't throw well. The guy on the far left seems to have forgotten that.

steferfootball

Starter
After finishing that video, I'm kinda astonished that was shown on TV.

As for Tebow, if you can turn (or at least be the pivotal cog) a loosing team (looking at another top 10 pick) into a 2nd round playoff team, I'd say you are entitled to make some mistakes along the way.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Kordell is complaining he didn't get a fair shot after starting 90 games?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Amongst all of the people speaking in the two videos posted, the one person who probably BEST fit the highly-athletic-running-black-QB mold was Randall Cunningham, and he's the one who is being the most positive about Tebow, I find that amusing to say the least.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
@jimrome
Steve Young told me "I'd love to get with [Tebow]...I think I could click something" with his motion.

http://t.co/0uDGdawh

[flv]http://momedia.kyte.tv/mv/mp3/1201/26/21/3698434-steve_young126_tebow.flv?e=1327795199&h=1672c429f87b7e11053b97e98e5b8a99[/flv]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lW76w92KHo[/youtube]