Tank time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do we tank from here?

• Yes

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Stafford comes back healthy after the bye, we're not tanking. If he's out for the year, we're tanking simply because Rypien is terrible. Look at our schedule down the stretch. It's not tough. There are two games I see as surefire losses: San Francisco (if they aren't resting starters) and Baltimore. My expectations for this team were between 7 and 10 wins (and I didn't expect 10 unless we caught a lot of lucky breaks, which we haven't). If we go 4-4, we end up 7-10. If we go 5-3, we end up 8-9. If we go 6-2, we end up 9-8.

I think playing good football down the stretch to build to next year will matter more to our team than getting a better draft slot.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The problem with trying to tank only nets us possibly the top 1 or 2 LT, best CB, best OLB but not one of 2 of the top 2 QBs.

Carolina (Chi gets their pick) and AZ have 1 win we have 3 wins not sure either team wins another game. So tanking is not going to to work. Both teams are taking a QB.

oldnotdead

Legend
This team might end up with a losing record but it's not like they are intentionally tanking. You want to know what tanking is look at AZ. That team is tanking not for Caleb but for Maye. Penix and Nix will be in the top 5.

If the Rams finish in the top half of the draft they will have a good shot at either Penix or Nix. IMO I think Snead would be happy with either one. The difference is, Nix will run when he breaks the pocket. Penix will leave the pocket and look until the last second for an open receiver then throw the ball away if he can't find one. Penix has 4.6 speed so he can run if he wants, he simply wants to spare himself the potential injury. He demonstrated that against SC on his second TD throw. That is what makes him the perfect fit for McVay's offense with this WR trio.

oldnotdead

Legend
I agree with those that feel if Stafford is healthy after the bye this team can make a run to get a wildcard. Seattle got pummeled in their game. The Niners lost as well.

If it wasn't for a horrendous PK and a cheating ref this team would be tied for first place in the NFCW. This team can make a run with Stafford and McVay knows that. I expect them to try to get Tomlinson coached up to start opposite Witherspoon coming out of the bye.