Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Terry Funk at 3.36 can’t believe it Olders.
I had to dig for that name because I couldn't remember it but completely thought the same!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
1-2 count with Scherzer on the mound. The guy was going to be sat down anyway. The midget fans can whine all they want.

Tano

Legend
The only right answer is Kansas vs. Missouri. Their rivalry was a literal Civil War; Kansas Jayhawkers, Quantrill's Raiders and Bloody Bill Anderson's gang (which included a young Jesse James), all committing serious war crimes against civilians.

The pure hatred these two teams have toward each other, not only in proximity or typical sports rivalry, but actually being based in a real life war...there's absolutely nothing like it. No two teams illicit that much hatred towards each other.

@Loyal is cool, though...for a Chickenhawk. :p
OIP.Vawpo_V06-oIRWSD9zWg3gHaFj

I think that is Memento being pulled by Loyal

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
First base umpire called a swing on Justin Turner's check swing for a strikeout to end the inning. It looked pretty close. Got me thinking. Would the umpires call check swings strikes more than usual in solidarity for their brother who's been catching heat for the call in SF? Might be interesting to look at this post season.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know the Braves have a one game lead in the series now. But it feels like that game was much more crucial to them than to the Dodgers. Roberts went with a bullpen game using a pitcher an inning. Those are hard to win unless your offense is on. Now the Dodger have their rotation set up with 3 good pitchers the next 3 games. If the Braves had lost last night it woulda been tough for them to win the series. Now it gets interesting.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I know the Braves have a one game lead in the series now. But it feels like that game was much more crucial to them than to the Dodgers. Roberts went with a bullpen game using a pitcher an inning. Those are hard to win unless your offense is on. Now the Dodger have their rotation set up with 3 good pitchers the next 3 games. If the Braves had lost last night it woulda been tough for them to win the series. Now it gets interesting.
Yeah IMO if they didn't beat us on the bullpen/Gonsolin day they would have been hurting bigtime. Feels good going into Max, Buehler and Julio though.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers are gonna have to dig themselves out of a hole if they wanna get back to the World Series. They almost have to win all 3 in LA.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dodgers are gonna have to dig themselves out of a hole if they wanna get back to the World Series. They almost have to win all 3 in LA.
I agree. Of course they were down 3-1 to these same braves last year.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I agree. Of course they were down 3-1 to these same braves last year.

Yeah, but their offense has to pick it up. Pretty bad with runners in scoring position. 4 runs isn't terrible but they only managed 4 hits all night. The problem with playing a bullpen game early is the risk of running someone out there who doesn't have it that night. They have to win 4 out of 5 now. Its doable, but now there's lot more pressure. Not much room for error.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Man what a fucking game last night! That shit passed me off, can’t hate the Braves, they kept answering the Bell! But wtf? Smh

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I thought Roberts pulled Scherzer too soon. 6 innings from him, Kelly in the 7th. Treinen in the 8th and Jansen in the 9th. Mighta been a different story. If they get that far game 5 in LA might have to be another bullpen game. Which is risky. Trotting out a reliever every inning, you risk sooner or later someone being off that day.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, I guess I need more faith. I thought it was a night game being in LA. So I checked the mlb site for the game time and saw the Dodgers were down 5-2 in the 8th and no one on base. I said "Welp, looks like the Dodgers ain't repeating. Not even gonna watch the last inning."

Then a few minutes later my son calls me and asks "You watching the game Dad?" I said I didn't wanna watch them go down 3-0 in the series. He said "Dodgers are leading 6-5. Bellinger hit a 3 run homer to tie it. Betts knocked in another run", I said "WTF? I thought it was over".

I sure hope this means Bellinger is snapping out of his season long slump. That would be huge with his power. And Jansen is looking like the Jansen of a few years ago. Dodgers still have an uphill climb. They almost need to win the next two. But at least they have life now.

Tano

Legend
Lol, I guess I need more faith. I thought it was a night game being in LA. So I checked the mlb site for the game time and saw the Dodgers were down 5-2 in the 8th and no one on base. I said "Welp, looks like the Dodgers ain't repeating. Not even gonna watch the last inning."

Then a few minutes later my son calls me and asks "You watching the game Dad?" I said I didn't wanna watch them go down 3-0 in the series. He said "Dodgers are leading 6-5. Bellinger hit a 3 run homer to tie it. Betts knocked in another run", I said "WTF? I thought it was over".

I sure hope this means Bellinger is snapping out of his season long slump. That would be huge with his power. And Jansen is looking like the Jansen of a few years ago. Dodgers still have an uphill climb. They almost need to win the next two. But at least they have life now.
They need to win the next one and I think the Dodgers can win in 7 if they do

Tano

Legend
If he continues the downward trend in October it would be a mistake to keep him in the lineup. He's totally lost at the plate now. Can't even reach the infamous Mendoza line. That would be a liability in games where he's 8th and the pitcher is 9th. Pretty much consecutive automatic outs.
What do you think of Bellinger now?

I know I know - it is about fricken time