Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Man this next game has me on my edge, I think we got it but still it’s that’s bastard Giants

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Takes me back to 1962 when my 8 year old heart was broken in the 9th inning of game 3. They tied for the pennant and the Giants went on to lose in 7 games to the Yankees. I was the happiest kid in Northern California when Bobby Richardson caught McCovey's line drive with Mays on third to end it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the Dodgers coulda had even a subpar hitting game Monday they woulda been making travel plans for Atlanta. The pitching did a helluva job. The bats really sucked. In two wins they have 16 runs. In two losses they have zero runs. And they have to face a guy who dominated them game 1 so much he never broke a sweat.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I think that series aged me another 10 years! Bring on the Braves.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I hate that it ended on a check swing, but I'll take it.

Let's go to Atlanta and keep rolling!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate that it ended on a check swing, but I'll take it.

Let's go to Atlanta and keep rolling!
To which I say remember this check swing not called a strike?

vif6z029xjt71.jpg

Umps were bad both ways all series I don't care if they cry about the final out. Also

View: https://twitter.com/dodgers/status/1448881633415733250?s=21

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely superb, fuck anything to do with SF. Dodgers!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go Dodgers.
They are what my Yankees used to be, all in for championships!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a tough call to make in real time.
1st base isn't the best view to make that call, either.
Yeah in an ideal world you don't want to end a game on that. But the assumption that he was going to do something vs Max there is a big stretch. The fact that Ruf got away with a massive check swing strike which allowed them to win the division and force the Dodgers into the WC game and completely change the whole NL playoffs is big if not a bigger favorable call from the umps than we got last night.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah in an ideal world you don't want to end a game on that. But the assumption that he was going to do something vs Max there is a big stretch. The fact that Ruf got away with a massive check swing strike which allowed them to win the division and force the Dodgers into the WC game and completely change the whole NL playoffs is big if not a bigger favorable call from the umps than we got last night.
It's easy to blame baseball umps, but I think they do a great job.

We even have strike zone on our TV screens, to see if a ball is 1/2" off the plate.
Try making that call in real time, with 95 mph sweeping curve.
Baseball has the best officiating in all of sports.

Imo. The problem is hitters today don't do themselves any favors when they are behind in the count.
What happened to the 2 strike rule, with a hitter swinging for a base hit at anything close to the zone?
I see way too many strike outs, with guys either swinging for the fence or they go down looking.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I thought the rule was if the bat crossed the plate. But apparently there is nothing in the book that addresses it specifically. Its a judgement call. The ump has to determine if the batter offered at the pitch. My guess is different umps have different versions of that particular play. Just like different umps have differing strike zones. Its a part of the game. If a guy strikes out to end it on a ball a few inches off the plate its the same thing. Judgement. This time it helped my team. But if they lose on something like that I would not be one calling for bots to make the decisions. I like the idea that you have to learn and adjust to the umpires too. I used to pitch and that was part of the game. Adjusting to ump's strike zone and working that.

Tano

Legend
If it was my team - I wouldn't complain too much on a check swing strike-out

I have seen it both ways so many times it is a judgement call

Plus I have seen pitches 6 inches off the strike zone called a 3rd strike to end the game - both ways - I don't like it but I just have to live with it.

I was only mad at non-replay era where a first basemen was at least a foot off the bag when he caught the ball

Look at the Colorado Dodger game quite a few years ago

Now that one pissed me off that game lol

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, I watched the interview with Scherzer and Betts. Someone asked Betts how this rivalry compared with the Yankees/Redsox rivalry. He first said "Man, I don't know". To which Scherzer said "C'mon man, if anyone would know you would know".

Then Betts commented on how different east coast people are compared to west coast people. West coast people are more laid back I suppose. East coast people are more intense. Just try going to an Eagles game with an opposing team jersey.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol, I watched the interview with Scherzer and Betts. Someone asked Betts how this rivalry compared with the Yankees/Redsox rivalry. He first said "Man, I don't know". To which Scherzer said "C'mon man, if anyone would know you would know".

Then Betts commented on how different east coast people are compared to west coast people. West coast people are more laid back I suppose. East coast people are more intense. Just try going to an Eagles game with an opposing team jersey.
Oakland was another one you didn't go there in the other teams colors let alone a jersey.

I get the want to say this or that rivalry is the biggest and best but tbh the only right answer is for the individual fan. Iowa vs Iowa St may not be huge but to those fans it's the only rivalry worth considering. Too much some people, not saying you, want to tear something down to build up something else.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Terry Funk at 3.36 can’t believe it Olders.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oakland was another one you didn't go there in the other teams colors let alone a jersey.

I get the want to say this or that rivalry is the biggest and best but tbh the only right answer is for the individual fan. Iowa vs Iowa St may not be huge but to those fans it's the only rivalry worth considering. Too much some people, not saying you, want to tear something down to build up something else.

The only right answer is Kansas vs. Missouri. Their rivalry was a literal Civil War; Kansas Jayhawkers, Quantrill's Raiders and Bloody Bill Anderson's gang (which included a young Jesse James), all committing serious war crimes against civilians.

The pure hatred these two teams have toward each other, not only in proximity or typical sports rivalry, but actually being based in a real life war...there's absolutely nothing like it. No two teams illicit that much hatred towards each other.

@Loyal is cool, though...for a Chickenhawk. :p