Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ya know reading what some Dodger fans are saying makes me hate this game. People throwing out comments like “if they don’t spend money then screw them I'm done with the team.” Without even making ang free agent signings we’re one of the top 2 or 3 payrolls in the league. Spending money isn’t the issue, spending it well is.

And considering they have been drafting late every season for quite a while, they have had an amazing minor league pipeline anyway. Gotta leave room for some of the kids.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rumor going around that the Yankees want to trade Stanton, possibly to the Dodgers.

I think it's started by fantasizing Yankee fans. They think they can get some good prospects for a long, ginormous contract for an injury prone player who on the Dodgers would be limited to LF.

The Dodgers prize defensive versatility. Stanton has none. He can play corner outfield, not very well. And RF is occupied by a better player who is a Gold Glover there.

Stanton would be in his age 30 season, and with a contract that runs for many years still.

Nope, the Yankees thought they were getting a bargain, but instead bought high after his MVP season - one of less than half of his major league seasons where he stayed healthy. Suckers. It's their problem. He will have a handful of good seasons going forward, but not worth what he's getting paid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Rumor going around that the Yankees want to trade Stanton, possibly to the Dodgers.

I think it's started by fantasizing Yankee fans. They think they can get some good prospects for a long, ginormous contract for an injury prone player who on the Dodgers would be limited to LF.

The Dodgers prize defensive versatility. Stanton has none. He can play corner outfield, not very well. And RF is occupied by a better player who is a Gold Glover there.

Stanton would be in his age 30 season, and with a contract that runs for many years still.

Nope, the Yankees thought they were getting a bargain, but instead bought high after his MVP season - one of less than half of his major league seasons where he stayed healthy. Suckers. It's their problem. He will have a handful of good seasons going forward, but not worth what he's getting paid.
No way we take on that Stanton contract without them giving us top end prospect. I keep reading that while Friedman hasn't spent a lot on free agents since taking over there haven't been 2 free agents he liked nearly as much as Rendon and Cole. It's going to be a very interesting stove.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And now what we all knew was true has been confirmed. The Astros were cheating by stealing signs in the 2017 World Series. I already hate this team and this just drives the nail in the coffin. Take the trophy from them and ban the front office and management.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
And now what we all knew was true has been confirmed. The Astros were cheating by stealing signs in the 2017 World Series. I already hate this team and this just drives the nail in the coffin. Take the trophy from them and ban the front office and management.
how were they stealing signs?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thought this was common in baseball!? Well not the hitting but stealing signs etc?
Nope and it's generally frowned upon since it was done using technology in the in the cameras.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thought this was common in baseball!? Well not the hitting but stealing signs etc?

If a runner is on 2nd and steals signs, that is generally considered okay. As OldSchool says, using technology to help in any way is considered seriously wrong.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Gotcha! Well fuck the Astros! Did Billicheat hold a “ competitive seminar” in Houston a few years back?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Astros need to have their first two picks docked from them and given to the Cardinals. :D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Astros need to have their first two picks docked from them and given to the Cardinals. :D
You mean to the Dodgers, since they cheated us out of a World Series title. And suspend Hinch and Hunlow and anybody else they can link to this like Bregman.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You mean to the Dodgers, since they cheated us out of a World Series title. And suspend Hinch and Hunlow and anybody else they can link to this like Bregman.

You guys already have good prospects. :p

And yeah, I agree with suspending Hinch, Luhnow, and all of the Astros players.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
My opinion: MLB should strip the Stros of their championship. I don't think MLB can give it to the Dodgers cuz the Yankees and Drunk Sox also have a case that they were cheated and could possibly have won the whole enchilada if Houston wasn't cheating. So they could just take the WS away and leave it like that. No 2017 WS winner

They do that in college football, don't they? (I don't follow NCAA, so I'm not sure). I'm pretty sure they did the same thing in the Tour de France with Armstrong. Took the championships away but didn't give it to the 2nd place finisher.

These assholes need to get hurt. Very very hurt.