Survey: How Confident Are You in Les and Fish?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
much more confident in Les than i am in Jeff. Fishers refusal to adapt to todays game is what is holding this team back IMO, I wonder if its not Fisher holding Snead back from going after a franchise QB or #1 type WR.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends if they plan on starting Keenum . If so I have no faith . I don't see that happening , but who knows .

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There isn't a HC in the league that wouldn't have attached himself with Bradford coming into 2012 and this situation.
Same thing going into 2014 after the 2013 ACL.
Same thing again after the 2nd ACL in 2014. Insurance was bought and paid for in Sean Hill and we were a .500 team and that's how it works in the NFL with a backup QB.
Fisher/Snead had seen enough and had to move forward and try to replace Sam in 2015. They traded for the wrong guy in Foles and once again were a .500 team with no starting QB.
They could have drafted Bortles #2 overall as insurance to Bradford but instead drafted a LT to protect Bradford.

I don't see too much here to fault these guys with concerning the QB position. I just don't. Now i do strongly believe they need to make something happen in this draft to go out and get a QB. Bradford couldn't stay healthy and they cut bait, Foles was a bust. This idea of rolling with what's on the roster isn't a good idea. In all likelihood it just secures another .500 season IMO, in which case i would seriously begin to lay the blame right at the feet of Fisher/Snead.
Rams just need a legit QB.

The real issues that have concerned me are being unable to consistently win outside the division which includes losing to some inferior teams. Major red flag that points directly to Jeff Fisher.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2273d62d03e45737cb68ac9226fb735a_zpshxtesg8e.jpg

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here are my perceptions, FWIW.

Demoff is exceptional. Writes good team friendly contracts while treating players and their agents fairly. Willing to pay fair market prices for players that S&F really like. Does a great job managing the cap. No palace intrigue crap ala Ziggy.

Snead appears to be well above average. Hard to say how much credit/blame to assign because of the complicated roles that he and Fisher play. He assembled a very good scouting dept after the 1st year. Little doubt that Snead and his scouts can find talent, even deep into the draft and certainly in UDFA. Might be handicapped a little bit by the requirement to only find "Fisher type" players. I think Snead is the best we've had since Klosterman, frankly. That's going back, what, maybe 35 years?

Fisher is a mixed bag. Outstanding when it comes to D matters. Got a great DC and gave him the reins. He's very strong on ST support, too. Very, very important. And I love that his players never quit on him. He's done very well with players that formerly had off field issues. On O matters? What can I say? One excuse after another. Poor track record with developing skill position O players. Still looking for WR's (yeah, plural), TE, and above all QB as he enters his FIFTH Ram season as HC. Turned in the worst O in the league last year. So let's just say that I have my doubts about Fisher's acumen when it comes to skill position O matters. It's the only thing really holding the team back anymore. If I'm Kroenke, this is Fisher's make it or break it season.

Other opinions may vary. Lol.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I like Snead

Fisher............not so much

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Snead has been great. I like Demoff too, even after helping Stan fuck over STL. But Fisher is another story. No idea how this guy keeps a head coaching job in this league. He hasn't had a winning record since 2008. And yes, he hasn't had very good QB play. But that hasn't stopped other teams in the past from at least getting above a .500 record. He has no killer instinct with the offense and it's literally lost us games. I need to see something different this year.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I am confident in the direction the Rams are heading. Les Snead knows the Rams lack offensive playmakers. And with this upcoming draft the Rams will get the Best Player Available at the offensive skill position to complement the running game in TG3.

The Rams will stand pat and let the Blue Chips player come to them without sacrificing draft capitals, which they desperately need.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I see a lot of similarities between the Rams and the Bengals tbh.

Lewis is a defensive head coach and it took him and the front office there some time to get their model right. But the key is they stuck with it through non-winning seasons in 6 of their first 8 together. Now? They have grown into a top franchise and model of consistency with 5 winning/playoff seasons in a row.

I think Fish and Snead can do that kind of thing IF they can get a QB and some more effin weapons in here for the passing game. It's that simple.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I see a lot of similarities between the Rams and the Bengals tbh.

It's really Dallas that follows the Cincy model, with an owner acting as GM and rigidly sticking with the HC they feel comfortable with.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It's really Dallas that follows the Cincy model, with an owner acting as GM and rigidly sticking with the HC they feel comfortable with.
Jerry seems to have finally settled on Garrett, but HC was a revolving door before that. Four in just twelve years(three year avg).
The 3 year plan seems to be the norm these days. IMO that's not long enough to install a program...even if you're winning games.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
On paper, Snead's Fisher's boss. But didn't Fisher basically hire Snead? I believe he has the final say on personnel matters. I'm on the fence with them. On one hand, we're much better than before they arrived. But are we gonna get any better than we've been the past 4 years? I have my doubts.

I know we're very close. Its possible if they moved on from Fisher another coach could come in, put this talent together and win. Like Harbaugh did with the whiners. Then again, the wrong guy could come in, tear it down and bring us back to the 3 or 4 win days. I'm torn between that.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Very confident in Snead. Think he's done a great job working the draft here, and in terms of the number of picks, he did great in extracting as many as possible in RG3 trade and wake thereof.

Fisher? When it comes to defense and special teams, supremely confident. When it comes to the offensive side of the ball, not confident at all. In both cases, the results with the Rams speak to those opinions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

The owner doesn't make day to day decisions though, so there's a significant difference in structure even though it doesn't look like it on paper. Lewis wields that day to day and decision making power that Jerruh would never give up.

But I don't want to get all stuck on structure, because doing that misses my point entirely. What I'm talking about is patience at the top, and the value of getting a good seasoned coach in there and then working things out to raise the bar for the organization.

Cincinnati is an amazing example of an organizational turnaround and it has to do mostly with Lewis and the ownership being patient with him. Rams are very similar in that way IMO, and might be entering that period where Stan's patience will be rewarded.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have ZERO confidence in Fisher and don't think too much of Les. Los Angeles deserves better! Fisher ain't too bright and Les has failed to influence Fisher in positive ways. The Foles contract proves to me that Demoff, Les, and Fish aren't top tier performers. With all those pics any team could have selected a couple of good ones. Seems like the offense, already pitiful, is going backwards. Fisher couldn't persuade Jenkins to stay and Cook is doing cart wheels in anticipation of playing on a team with a real offense. Fisher boasts about his o-line after he created an abysmal one and by the way the o-line isn't above average. Ditto for the offense. So Fisher at best is average to below average. We deserve better. Sran, gve him one more year and then pull the plug on Snisher.

Our offense will once again be a laughing stock .

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The area where I lack confidence is Fisher's ideal to win every game 13-10. I believe the bar should be set higher with the goal to blow your opponent out and not even make the game close. I understand it's not realistic to believe that will actually happen -- and I like the focus on defense while having an offense built to emphasize that defensive dominance (strong running game) -- but the key is the philosophy. I think Fisher actually wants every game to be close because he thinks it means that he is controlling the games, so he's set the bar too low on what he wants out of his offense and, in particular, his QB.

Every study of data I've seen says that the NFL is the most luck-driven major sport ("any given Sunday") and that there's no significant predictive power to winning close games. In other words, just because you won by a field goal that does mean you will win the following week -- often it shows you were just more lucky than good. So to me Fisher is setting up the team's success based on getting lucky in close games, which does not give me confidence based on a lifetime experience of Rams Luck(TM).