Super Caffeinated Coffee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Watch for aspartame and its synonyms in energy drinks - especially low calorie drinks. That crap is pure poison to the system and is linked to all kinds of spikes in various illnesses like MS and Lymphomas. It turns to formaldehyde in your body. It is in almost all chewing gums too. I won't touch the stuff.

About coffee - the more it is roasted, the more caffeine is removed. Unless caffeine is added back in, your lighter roasts will actually contain the most caffeine. Unfortunately, it is that roasting that gives coffee that flavor and oiliness most people expect in a rich cup of java. I'm not much into energy drinks as I find most of them taste like a bathroom deodorizer smells. I just don't want to drink something that tastes like it belongs in a urinal.
I've quit using processed sugar in my coffee all together and I'm damn sure not going to use Aspartame in anything if I can help it. I now use honey in my coffee. It took me a little getting used to but now it is fine and better for me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, taste is important to me as well, and I'm not a big fan of black, bitter coffee. I would try it if it was available.

*holy shyte, I just tried 16 oz of Black Rifle CAF medium roast and I can feel it, and it tastes better than my normal go-to Dunkin' Donuts whole bean. I think I may have just found what I needed!
I've been meaning to get some Black Rifle but waiting for the price to come down. Last time I checked, they were awful proud of it. I like the company's story. I was worried it would taste like that Starbuck's crap. Good to hear you like it. I'll have to try it now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The aspartame thing from what I understand has been debunked by every serious study done. And FYI it is one of the most researched and studied substances in recent times. Researchers and chemists from all over the planet have shot this down.

It's been fact-checked up one side and down the other. It's a hoax like the Alar scare that swept the nation years ago.

Blame the internet for this one and the TV news for Alar.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to drink an energy drink a day. The Monster Regular 16 oz was my weapon of choice. I cut it down to a half a day and then I just cut it out. I felt like having those drinks every day what starting to mess with me. I do not take in any caffeine now but the occasional tea. I feel a lot better too.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I used to drink an energy drink a day. The Monster Regular 16 oz was my weapon of choice. I cut it down to a half a day and then I just cut it out. I felt like having those drinks every day what starting to mess with me. I do not take in any caffeine now but the occasional tea. I feel a lot better too.

I really need to cut out the caffeine, but the headaches are terrible. I cant make it through the 1st hr of my day without a strong kick of caffeine. Trying to quit caffeine is worse than kicking alcohol was.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
b07d4085-4b88-4e3b-b5d7-025e9a3f309b_1.2b2eef3c91f0b225472fd295ef86513a.jpeg

I have quite the caffeine tolerance...two of these in the morning get the factory jumping though
Sounds like that stuff I used to use in college. Like no doze only stronger and not a weird chalky pill. It was yellow too but I can’t remember the name.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I really need to cut out the caffeine, but the headaches are terrible. I cant make it through the 1st hr of my day without a strong kick of caffeine. Trying to quit caffeine is worse than kicking alcohol was.

For some reason quitting caffeine was surprisingly easy for me. Alcohol was tough but smoking was the absolute worst. All the best to you as you wean yourself off of it.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
For some reason quitting caffeine was surprisingly easy for me. Alcohol was tough but smoking was the absolute worst. All the best to you as you wean yourself off of it.

Cigarettes were easy to quit after my buddy motivated me by telling me I was to much of a pussy to quit. Havent had a cigarette since, the alcohol just took a lot of emotional pain and I was ready to find a better way to live. He got clean and sober 79 days before I did. But he quit smoking at the same time he quit drugs and alcohol, I waited til 2 yrs after I got home from rehab because that was what they suggested. His motivation made it much easier than I thought it would be. I got him back though, I introduced him to Rockstar on a camping trip 12 yrs ago and hes been hooked ever since.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Cigarettes were easy to quit after my buddy motivated me by telling me I was to much of a wuss to quit. Havent had a cigarette since, the alcohol just took a lot of emotional pain and I was ready to find a better way to live. He got clean and sober 79 days before I did. But he quit smoking at the same time he quit drugs and alcohol, I waited til 2 yrs after I got home from rehab because that was what they suggested. His motivation made it much easier than I thought it would be. I got him back though, I introduced him to Rockstar on a camping trip 12 yrs ago and hes been hooked ever since.

Congrats! Started in AA in August of 1980. I'd never before seen so much coffee drinking, cigarette smoking, and cursing in one room as that, lol. Many of those people ended up using food as a replacement for their alcohol/drug addiction. For the addictive personality once a habit is broken it morphs into something. For me it was video games and now the internet, obviously. :)

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Congrats! Started in AA in August of 1980. I'd never before seen so much coffee drinking, cigarette smoking, and cursing in one room as that, lol. Many of those people ended up using food as a replacement for their alcohol/drug addiction. For the addictive personality once a habit is broken it morphs into something. For me it was video games and now the internet, obviously. :)

Food, caffeine, video games and internet for me. When I go to bed I tell my wife I have read everything new on the internet today so amy as well get some sleep. 5/27/04 is when I started my 2nd life, it has definitely been better than the 1st one was.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
"My name is LoyalRam, and it's been 10 minutes since my last coffee."

Ok, I'm an addict and I'm not quitting. I drink coffee, drink tea, use 5 hour energy's. I am an old MA student and it's my unalterable path in life to complete the degree and to be a a historical fiction writer. But I have found it to be more difficult to read this semester because I am tired all of the time. 5 Hour energy shots have been a lifesaver this semester, but the problem is the expense. I use at least 1-2 a day and a 10 pack is $17.98 each. WAY too expensive, so I am going to try super caffeinated coffee. Have you used any such coffees? I am trying Black Rifle CAF Medium Roast Coffee. The advertisements claim it has twice the amount of caffeine as a normal cup of coffee. The package is 12 oz ground coffee and is a 100% Arabica coffee. As I'm typing this FedEx delivered the coffee, so I am going to test taste it momentarily.

What is your favorite super charged coffee? (favorite by taste and caffeine only) I am open to even more highly charged coffee. The safe level for caffeine for my weight is around 625 mgs a day. 5 Hour Energy has about 200 mgs per bottle. Dunkin' Donuts Brewed coffee is about 120 mgs per 8 oz cup. I expect Black Rifle CAF to be 240 mgs for an 8oz cup of coffee. There are some freakishly caffeinated coffees that have 500-600 mgs for an 8 oz cup:shocked:. I also want a good flavor, so I am afraid to try these (@ $20 per bag), lol.

Been meaning to try Black Rifle. Right now, it's Peets.

Unfortunately, it is that roasting that gives coffee that flavor and oiliness most people expect in a rich cup of java. I'm not much into energy drinks as I find most of them taste like a bathroom deodorizer smells. I just don't want to drink something that tastes like it belongs in a urinal.
urinal.jpg

Oh wow. Bad memory. I survived from a Tuesday- Friday afternoon one week, no sleep, popping Vivarin back in the 80's just to make the Presidential Honor Guard. Probably almost died. But the experience was awesome.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been meaning to try Black Rifle. Right now, it's Peets.

View attachment 25164

Oh wow. Bad memory. I survived from a Tuesday- Friday afternoon one week, no sleep, popping Vivarin back in the 80's just to make the Presidential Honor Guard. Probably almost died. But the experience was awesome.

lol..Vivarin...It's been while ago now, but when I was a Greyhound driver on the extraboard (rotation, first in first out), sometimes I'd check in thinking there were several guys in front of me so I didn't think I needed to sleep..lol. Then I'd get the call at 8:45 (2h warning) to do the Portland to Salt Lake City schedule (those other guys dropped on me, the bastids!), which started at 10:45p, arriving in Boise, ID, at 9:20a, (Mountain). I'd stop for a coffee, just dragging at Biggs Jct, OR about 2hrs out of Portland, with about 8hrs to go. One time I took a few Vivarin, had a Jolt cola, and then got a bladder buster coffee to go...I definitely overdosed on caffeine that night, because my heart pounded and I was shaking for the next 200 miles..lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On a side note, this thread has been great. A good reminder about alternate sources of caffeine. Getting old means the more caffeine beverages I drink, the more trips to the bathroom.... Forgot all about the legal amphetamines like Vivarin.Do they ever sell this stuff anymore??