Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This kinda news before bed is no good . Here's to my first cup of coffee ever tomorrow!

ViennaMax

Rookie
Holy. freaking. crap. Can you imagine a defensive line with Donald, Brockers, and Suh? With Westbrooks, Smart, and Fox taking snaps, along with possibly Easley, if he's healthy? May God have mercy on the souls of the quarterbacks we face.

636568121400174535-sam-bradford-news-conference.jpg

ViennaMax

Rookie
but i hope that this is not the worst case strategy if the Donald deal doesn't get done....

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
ok... We have a chance..

I'm not sure why people dismiss this idea and assume that we don't have the money to make this happen and re-up Donald. Cutting Barron in a couple of months I believe adds a nice chunk to our current cap space... We can make this work..

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
ok... We have a chance..

I'm not sure why people dismiss this idea and assume that we don't have the money to make this happen and re-up Donald. Cutting Barron in a couple of months I believe adds a nice chunk to our current cap space... We can make this work..
I understand what you're saying, but it would scare the :poop: out of me if we don't bring back at least one returning starting linebacker. Having said that, you could be right.:shocking:

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Please don't let Suh leave town without signing a contract!!! This does sound too good to be true BUT if it does happen all I can say is WOW!!!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
ok... We have a chance..

Suh was due 26 mil this year if he stayed in Miami. How much do you think the rams are willing to pay....15? More? How much is he willing to capitulate?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Ah dang it, you're right. Question though, where are you going to get these LB's, because we'll be out of money to sign them.
If our d line consists of Donald, Brockers, and Suh we probably won't need to field more than 3 players to stop a play. We'll let the new corners and Joyner go out there just for fun, but everybody else can sit on the bench and relax and watch the sacks/TFLs pile up 3 at a time.

jap

Legend
What is all this nonsense? The Omega Defense? The Apocalypse? The lords of Destruction? The Hellfire Defense?

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
So, If by some miracle the Rams do sign Suh (Which, Would be Awesome but I am not holding my breath!) my understanding is that this transaction would not effect the Rams current compensation picks for next year??? Now, that would be icing on the cake!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hmmmm, I'm not getting my hopes up because this isn't happening unless Suh has decided to play for about $10M. And even that pretty much eats up the rest of our cap. But nothing will really surprise me this year the way things have unfolded.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Rams could save about $3.5 mil by cutting Kayvon Webster.

Save $5 mil by cutting Barron or around $7 mil if they could find a a way to trade him(Browns?).

They could also move around some money in other players contracts to open up some cap space.

Just thinking of ways we could sign Suh, ink Donald to a LTD, and still sign another player or two. Like an ILB or edge rusher before the draft.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
So, If by some miracle the Rams do sign Suh (Which, Would be Awesome but I am not holding my breath!) my understanding is that this transaction would not effect the Rams current compensation picks for next year??? Now, that would be icing on the cake!!!
You are correct. Suh was a cut and did not play out his contract, so he would not offset the Rams' FA losses for compensation purposes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Correct.

Ah dang it, you're right. Question though, where are you going to get these LB's, because we'll be out of money to sign them.

The NFL Draft